The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

anyone who thinks this is how the team will play next season really doesn't know anything about hockey seriously the Canucks are currently dressing 5 NHL forwards Horvat, Pearson, Hogs, Miller and Boeser. Other then Johan Gadjovich that I would have on a forth line the rest are career AHLers. 

Honestly this is a team I would expect to see in a preseason game.

Next season things will normalize and I would argue improve greatly just consider next years line up compared to what is on the ice tonight.

Miller Pettersson Boeser (these 3 are a legit 1st line in the NHL)

Pearson Horvat Pods  ( This might take a little time for chemistry to developed, Pods will be a rookie if it takes to long put Hogs here Horvat is a legit 2nd line center and Pearson brings a well rounded 2 way game)

Hoglander *******   ******** ( our third line needs improvement can't deny that it starts with finding a legit center this can not be Lind if they want to compete for a playoff spot)

Motte Beagle (Gadjovich) ( Gadovich brings some needed toughness to the team Motte and Beagle bring defense. This line can take Defensive zone faceoffs thanks to Beagle. Beagle and Motte helps the PK)

As I said earlier compare this to what is on the ice tonight, 1 looks like an NHL team the other looks like something you see in the per season. 

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Vintage 1

Just now, nucksnavsfan said:

Sakic.  ::D:ph34r:

One player. Not the entire organization. One player may possess the intellect and capability, much like Sakic (although I think he’s surrounded himself with smart people, but to base the entire organization of of former players is dumb as hell.