The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

The previous game there were comments along the line of, "This team sucks because they are trying to win rather than losing to support the tank."

This game, "Damn, this team sucks because they aren't losing the right way..."

regards,  G.

Dear G, you might appreciate the sarcasm if you’ve hear any of green’s post game excuses.  

So I was just thinking about the whole Markstrom thing from the beginning to the end, and I've come to the conclusion what was the point of even having him actually.....

He was involved in the Luongo trade, I believe he was waived twice, but they stuck with him and with the help of Clark turned him into a legit #1, but then he just walked and got nothing from having him and turning him into a #1, that just seems horrible and a waste of a good asset....

4 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Im fine with Coach Green

And i dont wanna start anything BUT Bieksa would be a great choice for the next Canuck Coach.

Coach Juice!!!

Geoff Courtnall pres

Luongo GM

Bieksa HC

Burrows Assistant

Hamhuis Assistant

Would be interesting to say the least

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So I was just thinking about the whole Markstrom thing from the beginning to the end, and I've come to the conclusion what was the point of even having him actually.....

He was involved in the Luongo trade, I believe he was waived twice, but they stuck with him and with the help of Clark turned him into a legit #1, but then he just walked and got nothing from having him and turning him into a #1, that just seems horrible and a waste of a good asset....

That is the Canuck management way, why would we ever want to acquire more picks or prospects for pending UFA's... With Marky tho it was the right call, he was hurt each of the last 2 years and wanted to get paid with term AND expansion protection. We could NOT give him all that with Demko near ready for #1 minutes and Mikey D needing maybe 1 more full AHL season before he might be ready to be a NHL back up

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1