• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

43 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Who said I am dismissing it, he never chose Virtanen over Toffoli. Virtanen was only offered a deal AFTER Toffoli signed. So saying he CHOSE Virtanen over Toffoli is misleading at best. 

The priority was improving defence which he did, sucks he was unable to move salary to make keeping Toffoli and Virtanen possible. 

Hindsight obviously makes this look much worse than it already was. 

The choice was made when Virtanen was qualified. When he signed the deal is immaterial to the 'decision'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Who knows what either teams cap situation will look like in 3 years.  But a guy that just scored 28 goals in 52 games and is clutch in the playoffs is a great deal at $4.25m. I doubt he’ll be at the top of the list to move any time soon 

Unless he wants to move along.

The shine may come off the rose & in time he may want or need new motivations. 

Like I said, Montreal has had its own issues as a franchise & a city, for awhile.  Climate change, local politics, crime & corruption, resource management, all of these things can certainly affect the quality of life for young men & their families, etc. 

As our world moves along people will start to make choices for a host of reasons. 

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

Unless he wants to move along.

The shine may come off the rose & in time he may want or need new motivations. 

Like I said, Montreal has had its own issues as a franchise & a city, for awhile.  Climate change, local politics, crime & corruption, resource management, all of these things can certainly affect the quality of life for young men & their families, etc. 

As our world moves along people will start to make choices for a host of reasons. 

Lol ok. You keep dreaming. It’s not hurting anyone and there’s no way to see the actual future so who knows.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

JB not signing TT is beginning to look like it's worse than Erickson's contract. 

I notice all you guys who blame Benning assume the players are pawns, not people. It's called free agency because the player is free to make his own choices. I don't know but it always seemed to me Toffoli never considered Vancouver his dream destination.

A player's decision is based on multiple factors, most of which we could never know or guess, but it is his decision, not Benning's

3 minutes ago, frank einstein said:

I notice all you guys who blame Benning assume the players are pawns, not people. It's called free agency because the player is free to make his own choices. I don't know but it always seemed to me Toffoli never considered Vancouver his dream destination.

A player's decision is based on multiple factors, most of which we could never know or guess, but it is his decision, not Benning's

Benning never extended an offer to Toffoli. So in this case. Yeah. It was Bennings decision. Not Toffoli’s  

Also… “"I want to stay in Vancouver and that's my No. 1 priority as of right now," Toffoli said.”

Edited by qwijibo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, frank einstein said:

^Did ya read the ‘quotes’ posted earlier in this thread? 

Dude, said he would have liked to play out the remainder of his career in VAN. 

Guys think not just of themselves, but also of the future & their families. He  may be on one track now, but at least we know that at one time, Toffer didn’t mind the prospect of VanCity becoming a more permanent haven.  

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Benning never extended an offer to Toffoli. So in this case. Yeah. It was Bennings decision. Not Toffoli’s  

Also… “"I want to stay in Vancouver and that's my No. 1 priority as of right now," Toffoli said.”

Was it Benning or was it Aquaman idea

Lets go Habs.

I remember the last time they won the Cup. Patrick Roy was in net. 

If they keep playing as a single unit backed by great goaltending from Corey Price they have a very good chance to get to SCF.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

^Did ya read the ‘quotes’ posted earlier in this thread? 

Dude, said he would have liked to play out the remainder of his career in VAN. 

Guys think not just of themselves, but also of the future & their families. He  may be on one track now, but at least we know that at one time, Toffer didn’t mind the prospect of VanCity becoming a more permanent haven or destination.  

At the same time everyone piling on Benning ignores the gaping hole on defence which was filled by acquiring Schmidt which was a bigger priority than Toffoli as nice as he would be to have still. 

• Cheers 2