The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] NHL Draft Lottery, June 2nd @ 4 pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Beary Sweet

46 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In order to not be disappointed, tell yourself that we will be picking ninth overall and if there is any upward movement in the ranking, that is a bonus.

Simply not getting knocked back any spots will be a pre-game ceremony/ alumni on hand/ banner raising worthy event.

Edited by BlastPast
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You no like Powers?

Oh I'd happily take him if it turns out that way! 

... But he isn't without question marks. And Clarke is arguably a better fit and pretty damn comparable quality.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Oh I'd happily take him if it turns out that way! 

... But he isn't without question marks. And Clarke is arguably a better fit and pretty damn comparable quality.

Fair point. Until they prove it on NHL ice. What would you say Power's question marks are? Is Clarke a better fit because he's right handed and possesses enough skill to partner with Hughes?

50 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, SEA has a lock on the 3rd?

Got this feeling that the Canucks will get the #2, because that's what their season looked like.

As much as I'd like a D, I'm thinking this line could provide head-spinning magic for ten plus years:

Eklund - Pettersson - Hoglander

No - they could drop to 5th or move up.  Last time Vegas dropped from 3rd to 6th where they picked Cody Glass.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In order to not be disappointed, tell yourself that we will be picking ninth overall and if there is any upward movement in the ranking, that is a bonus.

I work on the assumption that there will be 2 teams in the 10 - 16 spots currently, but who the league likes much better, will win the top 2 spots, bumping us down to 11. So, anything that we pick before 11, is a bonus to me.

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I work on the assumption that there will be 2 teams in the 10 - 16 spots currently, but who the league likes much better, will win the top 2 spots, bumping us down to 11. So, anything that we pick before 11, is a bonus to me.

you realize the lottery is conducted by a third party company, yes?

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair point. Until they prove it on NHL ice. What would you say Power's question marks are? Is Clarke a better fit because he's right handed and possesses enough skill to partner with Hughes?

Some question on how much of his dominance is his 'man against boys' size. While he's certainly not a dunce, he also doesn't have the IQ of Clarke (skilled/smart enough to play with Hughes as you pointed out?).

Powers strikes me as something between Hedman and say... Myers. Is he more Hedman... or more Myers? That's the question!

And yes, Clark is a righty, which also suits our needs better.

But really there's very little separating Powers, Clarke, Benier and Edvinsson. They could go in just about any order.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Some question on how much of his dominance is his 'man against boys' size. While he's certainly not a dunce, he also doesn't have the IQ of Clarke (skilled/smart enough to pay with Hughes as you pointed out?).

Powers strikes me as something between Hedman and say... Myers. Is he more Hedman... or more Myers? That's the question!

And yes, Clark is a righty, which suits our needs better.

But really there's very little separating Powers, Clarke, Benier and Edvinsson. They could go in just about any order.

Fair enough. Just one day away, and then another month and 28 days before free agency.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Except no team can move up more than 10 spots.  But your theory is still correct I think.  10, 11 and/or 12 could still get 1st and 2nd and then we'd move down. 

These rigged games used to get my goat..but no more.

Doesn't matter where they stash JB's pick, he always nabs the glittering gem. I picture sneaky Bettman grinding his teeth over it too.

Wouldn't it be sweeet if NH & VP BOTH wound up the best players from the 2019 class?! Realize highhhhly unlikely, but feel this is the karmic kickin'd'ass the petty lil'boys club, known as NHL Hindquarters royally deserve.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, edler rocks said:

Except no team can move up more than 10 spots.  But your theory is still correct I think.  10, 11 and/or 12 could still get 1st and 2nd and then we'd move down. 

So, team 12 and 13, could still bump us back to #11 :)

17 minutes ago, edler rocks said:

that rule change doesn't go into effect until next year. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, edler rocks said:

Good catch. The simulator at Tankathon, hasn't implemented that change. I actually thought the no moving up more than 10 spots wasn't being implemented until next summer. I'm not sure why they didn't just implement all changes, like, can't win more than twice in 5 years, for this year.