The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

Knights are choking like the Sharks.

They are the new Sharks. Can’t wait, in 5 years Stone will have a big beard getting knocked out of the play offs again in the second round lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:
Talk about a trade that should haunt a fan base. This is the trade that sent Danault to Montresl.

2016-Feb-26 Traded from Chicago Blackhawks with round 2 pick in the 2018 draft (Alexander Romanov) to Montreal Canadiens for  Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann

It's interesting to read the replies of that trade thread a few years later after it happened:

1 hour ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Not Toronto, but all the other teams like Winnipeg who has an amazing team and Vegas, top class.. they are feared and respected..  Montreal just made the playoffs finally and suddenly people treating them like  A caliber team, guys they aren't. Come on am I the only one who can see through this fluke? Wow.

Hogtown may's well be stripped down for parts...AGAIN! Dubas set them back a decade.

Can't believe anyone would be talking Leafs now..today(as Habs advance) on a Vancouver board! Incredible

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

What's on the menu?

I HATE the heat but I love the summer.  Living around farm land means fresh produce bought at a roadside stand.  And freshly caught salmon (thanks bro).  Yum.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Looks good - most of my produce hasn’t fully ripened yet, strawberry’s are about a week or two out.

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQhzllWL_SR/?utm_medium=copy_link

Suzuki haunting Vegas with his dazzling series for the Habs. I really love this kid

watching him play this year made me a big fan of him and lol the knights tryna trade patches but guess they were trying hard to get petro and now we got schmidt 

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Maple Leafs disease in a nutshell.

and your team's bewildered theme-song.

#October-'champions'

Congratulations.  You can win some October, November regular season games.

#moral-victory

#consolation-prize.

9E3A2A53-01AA-4961-A519-220705E8242F.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Look i am not defending Toronto, but open your eyes and look at the hockey analytics, at the experts at the panels and general media.

Everyone said Montreal is a dog, even the general public bet against them.

This means the team doesn't have that sex appeal that charm and that magic to make them a standout.

Its a shame how far Montreal got but it still doesn't change the fact no one respects them or admires them, they are not as a good team as others along the way please acknowledge that.

Go have a look at some of my posts early on before the season saying that people should watch out for the habs as they were building a solid team.

Take your leaf glasses off and actually look at the bigger picture. One game anyone can win, a 7 game series the better team wins 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Meh, go Habs.

Now i want montreal to lose. Go figure. 

They did, however, get rid of vegas and toronto though so i guess im almost indifferent. 

Will be nice to be able to say “Yeah well look what montreal did to their city in 2021 when they *insert series outcome* “

be even nicer if montreal fans start saying “Wow the refs really screwed us in 2021. If it wasnt for *insert inevitable blown call* we would have won.”

7 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Now i want montreal to lose. Go figure. 

They did, however, get rid of vegas and toronto though so i guess im almost indifferent. 

Will be nice to be able to say “Yeah well look what montreal did to their city in 2021 when they *insert series outcome* “

be even nicer if montreal fans start saying “Wow the refs really screwed us in 2021. If it wasnt for *insert inevitable blown call* we would have won.”

If there ever was a person that needs to go to Vegas and run amuck it is you, trust me go ASAP.

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

They do this when they win? I thought the Canuck riots were embarrassing.

Having been in downtown Vancouver for most of the important playoff games over the last couple of decades, I can tell you that there are three  types of people there:  

1) Hardcore fans who can name the entire team 

2) Casuals who are there for something to do 

3) Kids/teenagers that come in from the suburbs who are there just to get drunk, cause $&!# and be able to tell their friends about it.  They haven't watched a hockey game in over a decade.  

Edited by VancouverHabitant