The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why we are never in the conversation for big name trades in the Benning era?

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

I'm pretty anti-Benning but I'm with him on avoiding Seth Jones. Targeting big name guys on the market who have an insane asking price is NOT the way to do it. 

Who told you that Benning is avoiding Seth Jones?  If Seth doesn't end up here it won't be because Jim didn't try.  He tried to get OEL last year. He still wants to make a big splash on defence, and never has been shy about dipping into the last of our prospects and picks to even get third liners.

1 hour ago, lmm said:

hahahah

no dice man

I already know that htere are more of you than there are of me.

If only we could ask for a rep count on bags you could see how often the faithful disagree with me

So here is the new game

below are 6 statements

some I agree with slome I don't 

can you and your legion of fans tell which is which

Traded Kesler- good because it was decisive, got good, (not great) value

Signed Vanek to a one year deal- good because he then traded him for asset - Motte

Signed Ericksson to 6X6 - good because you have to offer term when enticing quality veterans

Traded Bonino - good because we needed a foundational top 6 center to take pressure off the young uns

Traded Kassian - good because The Canucks did everything they could for him, and he is/was a headcase

Let Markstrom walk - good because he wanted too much money and term

good luck

Ooh, I like games! :)

I know this post isn’t for me, but is it okay if I give the game a shot anyway?

(I’m gonna go ahead and assume the answer is yes. ;))

First two (Kesler, Vanek), and the last one (Markstrom) are statements you agree with. Numbers 3,4,5 (Eriksson, Bonino, Kassian) are the ones you don’t agree with.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s a little frustrating to see where this franchise is at and all the pieces it is still missing and then realize we don’t have the assets to make impact trades. This franchise should at least have assets to make deals for players like a Seth Jones, yet this team isn’t even mentioned. That happens at every free agency and trade deadline. It’s just another example of how this franchise has not been set up to get better or to improve. There is very little in the prospect cupboard as of right now which is alarming at this point. It would just be nice to at least be in that conversation. Hearing Schmidt wants out just goes to show there is something wrong with this organization.

It is amazing to me that people still think it is okay to just bitch and complain after the endless complaining we have all had to endure.  Haven't we all had enough negativity from this fan base? Get on board with supporting the team and stop the endless whining and complaining ffs. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lmm said:

hahahah

no dice man

If only we could ask for a rep count on bags you could see how often the faithful disagree with me

So here is the new game

below are 6 statements

Signed Vanek to a one year deal- good because he then traded him for asset - Motte

Signed Ericksson to 6X6 - good because you have to offer term when enticing quality veterans

Traded Bonino - good because we needed a foundational top 6 center to take pressure off the young uns

Traded Kassian - good because The Canucks did everything they could for him, and he is/was a headcase

good luck

Hahahaha so you ARE the guy who knocks the pieces off board. 

image.gif

2 hours ago, lmm said:

hahahah

no dice man

So here is the new game

below are 6 statements

good luck

Im gunna guess…. You agree with Kesler, Vanek, Kassian and Markstrom

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

It is amazing to me that people still think it is okay to just bitch and complain after the endless complaining we have all had to endure.  Haven't we all had enough negativity from this fan base? Get on board with supporting the team and stop the endless whining and complaining ffs. 

So you think we would be better human beings if we just pretended we like the direction of ownership/management/coaching so that you feel the world is rosy?

I cannot speaek for anyone but myself,

but when the Ericksson deal was announced I graned

when Green was extended I groaned

when Baumer and Brown were extended last year I groaned

when Jim said he "ran ot of time " on Toffoli and Tanev I thought 'what an incompetant'

And you think I should just jump on board and go against my gut and sing Happy Happy Joy Joy

Well, here goes

Happy happy Joy Joy

Jim is great

he's our Boy

He Hired green 

and ain't that keen

happy Happy Joy

One more year of Lucky Lou

I hear tha Beagle's coming back too

Whoop de dee and whoop de doo

Its a great time 

for me and you!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

!!!! 

Edited by lmm
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, lmm said:

So you think we would be better human beings if we just pretended we like the direction of ownership/management/coaching so that you feel the world is rosy?

I cannot speaek for anyone but myself,

but when the Ericksson deal was announced I growned

when Green was extended I growned

when Baumer and Brown were extended last year I growned

when Jim said he "ran ot of time " on Toffoli and Tanev I thought 'what an incompetant'

And you think I should just jump on board and go against my gut and sing Happy Happy Joy Joy

Well, here goes

Happy happy Joy Joy

Jim is great

he's our Boy

He Hired green 

and ain't that keen

happy Happy Joy

One more year of Lucky Lou

I hear tha Beagle's coming back too

Whoop de dee and whoop de doo

Its a great time 

for me and you!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

!!!! 

Welll… Im glad you are finally growned up from all these things. But I think you mean grown not growned.

1 : fully grown : mature grown men and women. 2 : covered or surrounded with vegetation land well grown with trees. 3a : cultivated or produced in a specified way or locality —used in combination shade-grown tobacco. b : overgrown with —used in combination a weed-grown patio.

If you don’t like the direction the team is headed, you can always go cheer for Toronto? I hear they are a real gud team.

I could make a lot of sense for you, but that seems like a lot of work. I can literally argue any and every single point and make sense of it. Unfortunately not every move that a team makes, pans out. If a move is made with thought and has legitimate sense as to why you might make this trade or sign that guy or hire this person. You can at least see and understand the reasoning behind it, if it fails then it was at least a good try, just it unfortunately did not pan out for whatever reason. It would be fair to criticize if there was no forethought and zero logical reasoning as to why such a move was made. 

Tell me why Loui Eriksson was a bad signing

Tell my why Green is a bad extension

Tell me why we should have signed Toffoli

Tell me why we DIDNT re-sign Toffoli or Tanev.

So seeing how you dislike Green, out of curiousity, what was your thought on Toronto making Sheldon Keefe their head coach?

17 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Welll… Im glad you are finally growned up from all these things. But I think you mean grown not growned.

1 : fully grown : mature grown men and women. 2 : covered or surrounded with vegetation land well grown with trees. 3a : cultivated or produced in a specified way or locality —used in combination shade-grown tobacco. b : overgrown with —used in combination a weed-grown patio.

If you don’t like the direction the team is headed, you can always go cheer for Toronto? I hear they are a real gud team.

I could make a lot of sense for you, but that seems like a lot of work. I can literally argue any and every single point and make sense of it. Unfortunately not every move that a team makes, pans out. If a move is made with thought and has legitimate sense as to why you might make this trade or sign that guy or hire this person. You can at least see and understand the reasoning behind it, if it fails then it was at least a good try, just it unfortunately did not pan out for whatever reason. It would be fair to criticize if there was no forethought and zero logical reasoning as to why such a move was made. 

Tell me why Loui Eriksson was a bad signing

Tell my why Green is a bad extension

Tell me why we should have signed Toffoli

Tell me why we DIDNT re-sign Toffoli or Tanev.

So seeing how you dislike Green, out of curiousity, what was your thought on Toronto making Sheldon Keefe their head coach?

haha yur funny

I fixed my speeling astake but theses aare on porpoise

while you are lterally making sense of every point 

please explain why I would jump ship to Toronto?

It would be so much more pleasing to cheer for Tampa

as for the rest of your arguement

I'll have to quote our once famous coach Wonkie Willie  and say, "This isn't a try league, its a do league"

and go right back to where I started with you.

It must be nice to be Jimmer with fans like you who always find a way to defend his failures

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Ooh, I like games! :)

I know this post isn’t for me, but is it okay if I give the game a shot anyway?

(I’m gonna go ahead and assume the answer is yes. ;))

First two (Kesler, Vanek), and the last one (Markstrom) are statements you agree with. Numbers 3,4,5 (Eriksson, Bonino, Kassian) are the ones you don’t agree with.

Bingo

can you explain to Knuckle what I don't like about the Kassian trade?

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

haha yur funny

while you are lterally making sense of every point 

please explain why I would jump ship to Toronto?

It would be so much more pleasing to cheer for Tampa

I'll have to quote our once famous coach Wonkie Willie  and say, "This isn't a try league, its a do league"

It must be nice to be Jimmer with fans like you who always find a way to defend his failures

You should jump ship to Toronto because they’re a real gud team. Then in a few years of being a Toronto fan, you’ll see just how good we have it over here. Aaaand us Canuck fans dont want you nor need anyone like you in our fanbase? There 3 good reasons

Hows about you answer some of my questions? 

The fact that I can argue each and every single complaint you have, shows how shallow your logic/understanding is. You have no depth to your complaints. All they are, are complaints without good reason.

Eriksson? 
Green?

Toffoli and Tanman not being re-signed?

Hows your boy Dubas for a GM?

14 minutes ago, lmm said:

haha yur funny

image.gif.64ad72cb4f99fce440e328415b4cf779.gifLol quitting so soon?

7 hours ago, lmm said:

What does amaze me is teh extent some of you "TRUE FANS" will go to make excuses for the poor job El Jimmer has done

what does not amaze me is that this team still sucks, what with some many of you making one excuse after another, why should anyone be bothered to actually make the team better.

Here is one of those teams you said Jimmer assembled in order to take another run at the Cup

btw not the first and not the last of the Sedin's Last Stand

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392017.html

is that a Cup contender in your eyes?

The Sedins were done after 2012, that is six years when they did nothing but pad their personal stats and teach the new core how to lose gracefully

2020-21 is not a normal year, but it shows hwich GMs are ready to take a bad situation and win dispite the troubles other GMs (and fanbases , appearently) have negotiating the "NOT NORMAL" year.

2018 was not a normal year 

2013 was not normal

2006 was not normal

1995 was not normal

1968 was not normal

the war years were not normal

Teams won cups during those "not normal" years

but you and many other "TRue Fans" are willing to wait for another "normal" year in hopes Normal means Canuckle Magic

Go play in Vancouver they said, where the media is harsh, but the fans will fall over themselves to excuse poor performance

cuz way back here I asked you a question that you chose not to answer.

at that point I feel no obligation to answer you questions

you start

5 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

You should jump ship to Toronto because they’re a real gud team. Then in a few years of being a Toronto fan, you’ll see just how good we have it over here. Aaaand us Canuck fans dont want you nor need anyone like you in our fanbase? There 3 good reasons

Hows about you answer some of my questions? 

The fact that I can argue each and every single complaint you have, shows how shallow your logic/understanding is. You have no depth to your complaints. All they are, are complaints without good reason.

Eriksson? 
Green?

Toffoli and Tanman not being re-signed?

Hows your boy Dubas for a GM?

image.gif.64ad72cb4f99fce440e328415b4cf779.gifLol quitting so soon?

17 minutes ago, lmm said:

cuz way back here I asked you a question that you chose not to answer.

at that point I feel no obligation to answer you questions

you start

7 hours ago, lmm said:

What does amaze me is teh extent some of you "TRUE FANS" will go to make excuses for the poor job El Jimmer has done

what does not amaze me is that this team still sucks, what with some many of you making one excuse after another, why should anyone be bothered to actually make the team better.

Here is one of those teams you said Jimmer assembled in order to take another run at the Cup

btw not the first and not the last of the Sedin's Last Stand

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392017.html

is that a Cup contender in your eyes?

The Sedins were done after 2012, that is six years when they did nothing but pad their personal stats and teach the new core how to lose gracefully

2020-21 is not a normal year, but it shows hwich GMs are ready to take a bad situation and win dispite the troubles other GMs (and fanbases , appearently) have negotiating the "NOT NORMAL" year.

2018 was not a normal year 

2013 was not normal

2006 was not normal

1995 was not normal

1968 was not normal

the war years were not normal

Teams won cups during those "not normal" years

but you and many other "TRue Fans" are willing to wait for another "normal" year in hopes Normal means Canuckle Magic

Go play in Vancouver they said, where the media is harsh, but the fans will fall over themselves to excuse poor performance

okay, soooo like what part of mr NMC-Gillis pretty much failing entirely at drafting and having zero prospects in the pipeline do you not understand.....?

Gillis had 1 legitimate prospect out of all his drafting..... Bo Horvat

2013 Entry                    
Draft Num. Round Player Pos Drafted From GP G A Pts PIM
2013 Entry 9 1 Bo Horvat C London Knights [OHL] 502 139 175 314 148
2013 Entry 24 1 Hunter Shinkaruk L Medicine Hat Tigers [WHL] 15 2 2 4 4
2013 Entry 85 3 Cole Cassels C Oshawa Generals [OHL]          
2013 Entry 115 4 Jordan Subban D Belleville Bulls [OHL]          
2013 Entry 145 5 Anton Cederholm D Rogle Jrs. (Sweden)          
2013 Entry 175 6 Mike Williamson D Spruce Grove Saints [AJHL]          
2013 Entry 205 7 Miles Liberati D London Knights [OHL]          

2012 Entry                    
2012 Entry 26 1 Brendan Gaunce C Belleville Bulls [OHL] 118 6 10 16 47
2012 Entry 57 2 Alexandre Mallet C Rimouski Oceanic [QMJHL]          
2012 Entry 147 5 Ben Hutton D Nepean Raiders [CCHL] 379 16 75 91 136
2012 Entry 177 6 Wesley Myron F Victoria Grizzlies [BCHL]          
2012 Entry 207 7 Matthew Beattie R Exeter [N.H. H.S.]          

2011 Entry                    
2011 Entry 29 1 Nicklas Jensen R Oshawa Generals [OHL] 31 3 3 6 10
2011 Entry 71 3 David Honzik G Victoriaville Tigres [QMJHL]          
2011 Entry 90 3 Alexandre Grenier R Quebec Remparts [QMJHL] 9 0 0 0 2
2011 Entry 101 4 Joseph LaBate L Holy Angels Academy (Minn.) 13 0 0 0 21
2011 Entry 120 4 Ludwig Blomstrand L Djurgarden Jrs. (Sweden)          
2011 Entry 150 5 Frankie Corrado D Sudbury Wolves [OHL] 76 3 5 8 40
2011 Entry 180 6 Pathrik Westerholm L Malmo Redhawks [Swe-1]          
2011 Entry 210 7 Henrik Tommernes D Frolunda HC [SEL]          

2010 Entry                    
2010 Entry 115 4 Patrick McNally D Milton Academy [Mass.]          
2010 Entry 145 5 Adam Polasek D Prince Edward Island Rocket [QMJHL]          
2010 Entry 172 6 Alex Friesen C Niagara IceDogs [OHL] 1 0 0 0 0
2010 Entry 175 6 Jonathan Iilahti G Blues Jrs (Finland)          
2010 Entry 205 7 Sawyer Hannay D Halifax Mooseheads [QMJHL]          

2009 Entry                    
2009 Entry 22 1 Jordan Schroeder L U. of Minnesota [WCHA] 165 18 24 42 14
2009 Entry 53 2 Anton Rodin R Brynas Jrs. (Sweden) 3 0 1 1 0
2009 Entry 83 3 Kevin Connauton D Western Michigan University [CCHA] 321 27 50 77 184
2009 Entry 113 4 Jeremy Price D Nepean Raiders [CJHL]          
2009 Entry 143 5 Peter Andersson D Frolunda Jrs. (Sweden)          
2009 Entry 173 6 Joe Cannata G Merrimack College [H-East]          
2009 Entry 187 7 Steven Anthony L Saint John Sea Dogs [QMJHL]          

2008 Entry                    
2008 Entry 10 1 Cody Hodgson C Brampton Battalion [OHL] 328 64 78 142 68
2008 Entry 41 2 Yann Sauve D Saint John Sea Dogs [QMJHL] 8 0 0 0 0
2008 Entry 131 5 Prabh Rai C Seattle Thunderbirds [WHL]          
2008 Entry 161 6 Mats Josten-Froshaug C Linkoping Jr. [Sweden]          
2008 Entry 191 7 Morgan Clark G Red Deer Rebels [WHL]        

GEE THANKS GILLIS FOR DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB OF DRAFTING, BENNING SUUUUURE CAN USE THOSE PROSPECTS TO HIS ADVANTAGE. AND THANKS FOR ALL THE NMC'S WE ARE SO GLAD THESE GUYS DONT EVER WANT TO LEAVE AND HAVE THE CHOICE OF EXACTLY WHERE THEY WANT TO GO!!! YAYYYYY

LOOOOOOOOOOL PSYCHE!!!

How do you assemble a f***ing cup winning team without any actual assets to move to get great value in return? Jim Benning went bargain shopping he searched for the best value he could get with the pile of wet dogsh*t that Gillis left behind.

Tell me HOW.....HOW is a GM with zero prospects, a bunch of deadweight, declining and completely aged core, supposed to get excellent value in any trade or signing?

i'll do it again, this time for you

owners want revenue

revenue = playoffs

playoffs = 2014-15

2014-15 = hope

hope = held onto

held onto = too long

too long = sedins retired

sedins retired = rebuild

rebuild = cant hide

cant hide = ownership must accept

ownership must accept = support

support = Benning in charge

Benning in charge = shot caller

shot caller = sees the plan

sees the plan = noticed good young core

good young core = add a guy

add a guy = JT Miller

JT Miller = playoff hopes once again

Playoff hopes = add more

add more = Toffoli

Toffoli = playoffs

playoffs = happy fans

happy fans = yay

yay = revenue

revenue = happy owners

Happy owners = more support

more support = buyouts

buyouts = bye bye LE

bye bye LE = Yay

Yay = playoff revenue

playoff revenue = playoffs

playoffs = happy fans and happy owner

happy fans and happy owner = yay again

happy now?

Oh... as for the Sedins being "done" in 2012... did you mean this 2012?

33 Henrik Sedin C 82 14 67 81 52 23 5 2 3 5 4 Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 30
22 Daniel Sedin L 72 30 37 67 40 14 2 0 2 2 0 Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 30

Henrik 8th in league scoring

Daniel 29th 

Fun fact

2011-2012 Loui Eriksson 

20th in league scoring..

Or was it this 2012?

33 Henrik Sedin C 48 11 34 45 24 19 4 0 3 3 4 Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 31
22 Daniel Sedin L 47 12 28 40 18 12 4 0 3 3 14 Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 31

Henrik 20th in league scoring

Daniel 31st

Or was it this 2012?

22 Daniel Sedin L 82 20 56 76 18 5 6 2 2 4 0 Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 33
33 Henrik Sedin C 82 18 55 73 22 11 6 1 3 4 2 Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 33

Daniel 9th in league scoring

Henrik 10th

Im really confused as to which 2012 it was that they were done.... I coulda sworn it was 2018 they retired??

Totals 186 316 502 803

22 Daniel Sedin L 82 28 33 61 36 7 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 34
33 Henrik Sedin C 74 11 44 55 24 0 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 34
53 Bo Horvat C 82 16 24 40 18 -30 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: London 20
36 Jannik Hansen R 67 22 16 38 32 16 -- -- -- -- -- Denmark: Rodovre 29
47 Sven Baertschi L 69 15 13 28 14 -14 -- -- -- -- -- Switzerland: Bern 22
17 Radim Vrbata R 63 13 14 27 12 -30 -- -- -- -- -- Czech Rep.: Mlada Boleslav 34
27 Ben Hutton D 75 1 24 25 14 -21 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Brockville 22
14 Alexandre Burrows R 79 9 13 22 49 -13 -- -- -- -- -- PQ: Pincourt 34
23 Alexander Edler D 52 6 14 20 46 -8 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ostersund 29
91 Jared McCann C 69 9 9 18 32 -6 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Stratford 19
44 Matt Bartkowski D 80 6 12 18 50 -19 -- -- -- -- -- PA: Pittsburgh 27
8 Christopher Tanev D 69 4 14 18 8 -8 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Toronto 25
15 Derek Dorsett R 71 5 11 16 177 -13 -- -- -- -- -- SASK: Kindersley 28
7 Linden Vey R 41 4 11 15 6 -14 -- -- -- -- -- SASK: Wakaw 24
18 Jake Virtanen R 55 7 6 13 45 -7 -- -- -- -- -- BC: Langley 19
2 Dan Hamhuis D 58 3 10 13 28 -2 -- -- -- -- -- BC: Smithers 32
26 Emerson Etem 1 R 39 7 5 12 9 -8 -- -- -- -- -- CA: Long Beach 23
24 Adam Cracknell 2 R 44 5 5 10 14 1 -- -- -- -- -- SASK: Prince Albert 30
21 Brandon Sutter C 20 5 4 9 2 3 -- -- -- -- -- NY: Huntington 26
5 Luca Sbisa D 41 2 6 8 26 5 -- -- -- -- -- Italy: Ozieri 25
9 Brandon Prust L 35 1 6 7 59 -3 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: London 31
6 Yannick Weber D 45 0 7 7 24 -17 -- -- -- -- -- Switzerland: Morges 26
55 Alex Biega D 51 0 7 7 22 -11 -- -- -- -- -- PQ: Montreal 27
20 Chris Higgins L 33 3 1 4 4 -14 -- -- -- -- -- NY: Smithtown 32
60 Markus Granlund 3 C 16 2 1 3 6 -3 -- -- -- -- -- Finland: Oulu 22
88 Nikita Tryamkin D 13 1 1 2 10 -3 -- -- -- -- -- Russia: Yekaterinburg 21
25 Jacob Markstrom G 33 0 2 2 4 0 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Gavle 25
50 Brendan Gaunce C 20 1 0 1 2 -9 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Sudbury 21
58 Taylor Fedun D 1 0 1 1 0 1 -- -- -- -- -- ALTA: Edmonton 27
40 Mike Zalewski L 3 0 1 1 2 1 -- -- -- -- -- NY: New Hartford 23
30 Ryan Miller G 51 0 1 1 2 0 -- -- -- -- -- MI: East Lansing 35
48 Hunter Shinkaruk 4 L 1 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- ALTA: Calgary 20
32 Richard Bachman G 1 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- UT: Salt Lake City 28
56 Alex Friesen C 1 0 0 0 0 -2 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: St.Catharines 24
65 Alexandre Grenier R 6 0 0 0 2 -4 -- -- -- -- -- PQ: Laval 23
41 Ronalds Kenins L 8 0 0 0 6 -1 -- -- -- -- -- Latvia: Riga 24
29 Andrey Pedan D 13 0 0 0 18 -3 -- -- -- -- -- Lithuania: Kaunas 22

Hmm weird... Looks to me like in 2015-16 they were still the teams top 2 scorers

WAIT I FOUND IT

53 Bo Horvat C 81 20 32 52 27 -7 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: London 21
33 Henrik Sedin C 82 15 35 50 28 -27 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 35
22 Daniel Sedin L 82 15 29 44 32 -16 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 35
47 Sven Baertschi L 68 18 17 35 8 -6 -- -- -- -- -- Switzerland: Bern 23
Brandon Sutter C 81 17 17 34 12 -20 -- -- -- -- -- NY: Huntington 27
60 Markus Granlund C 69 19 13 32 14 -19 -- -- -- -- -- Finland: Oulu 23
21 Loui Eriksson L 65 11 13 24 8 -9 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Gothenburg 31
51 Troy Stecher D 71 3 21 24 25 -16 -- -- -- -- -- BC: Richmond 22
23 Alexander Edler D 68 6 15 21 36 -20 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ostersund 30
14 Alexandre Burrows 1 R 55 9 11 20 53 -3 -- -- -- -- -- PQ: Pincourt 35
27 Ben Hutton D 71 5 14 19 31 -22 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Brockville 23
36 Jannik Hansen 2 R 28 6 7 13 27 2 -- -- -- -- -- Denmark: Rodovre 30
5 Luca Sbisa D 82 2 11 13 40 -1 -- -- -- -- -- Italy: Ozieri 26
8 Christopher Tanev D 53 2 8 10 14 3 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Toronto 26
Jack Skille R 55 5 4 9 12 0 -- -- -- -- -- WI: Madison 29
Michael Chaput C 68 4 5 9 29 -12 -- -- -- -- -- PQ: Ile-Bizard 24
88 Nikita Tryamkin D 66 2 7 9 64 -7 -- -- -- -- -- Russia: Yekaterinburg 22
46 Jayson Megna C 58 4 4 8 6 -4 -- -- -- -- -- FL: Fort Lauderdale 26
Reid Boucher 3 L 27 5 2 7 6 -7 -- -- -- -- -- MI: Grand Ledge 22
63 Philip Larsen D 26 1 5 6 4 -8 -- -- -- -- -- Denmark: Esbjerg 26
44 Erik Gudbranson D 30 1 5 6 18 -14 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Ottawa 24
6 Brock Boeser R 9 4 1 5 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- MN: Burnsville 19
50 Brendan Gaunce C 57 0 5 5 33 -2 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Sudbury 22
15 Derek Dorsett R 14 1 3 4 33 -6 -- -- -- -- -- SASK: Kindersley 29
82 Nikolay Goldobin 4 R 12 3 0 3 0 1 -- -- -- -- -- Russia: Moscow 20
55 Alex Biega D 36 0 3 3 18 -4 -- -- -- -- -- PQ: Montreal 28
42 Drew Shore C 14 0 2 2 4 -3 -- -- -- -- -- CO: Denver 25
17 Anton Rodin R 3 0 1 1 0 1 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Stockholm 25
18 Jake Virtanen R 10 0 1 1 2 1 -- -- -- -- -- BC: Langley 20
30 Ryan Miller G 54 0 1 1 22 0 -- -- -- -- -- MI: East Lansing 36
71 Borna Rendulic R 1 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- Croatia: Zagreb 24
61 Evan McEneny D 1 0 0 0 0 -1 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Hamilton 22
40 Mike Zalewski L 1 0 0 0 0 -1 -- -- -- -- -- NY: New Hartford 24
65 Alexandre Grenier R 3 0 0 0 0 -1 -- -- -- -- -- PQ: Laval 24
32 Richard Bachman G 5 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- UT: Salt Lake City 29
13 Griffen Molino F 5 0 0 0 0 -2 -- -- -- -- -- MI: Trenton 22
Joseph Cramarossa 5 C 10 0 0 0 9 -1 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Toronto 23
62 Joseph LaBate L 13 0 0 0 21 -2 -- -- -- -- -- MN: Eagan 23
25 Jacob Markstrom G 26 0 0 0 2 0 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Gavle 26

There's the year you are talking about!! The one with all of Mike Gillis's great draft pick!!!!...... Get it... Draft pick, not picks, because Gillis couldnt draft to save his life.

Jeez they only finished 2nd and 3rd in team scoring?? Maybe it was actually this 2012 year? Not the 2012 year they won the Presidents Trophy like in 2011-12 but this 2012 season

6 Brock Boeser R 62 29 26 55 16 -5 -- -- -- -- -- MN: Burnsville 20
22 Daniel Sedin L 81 23 32 55 40 -21 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 36
33 Henrik Sedin C 82 3 47 50 30 -22 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ornskoldsvik 36
53 Bo Horvat C 64 22 22 44 10 -1           ONT: London 22
26 Thomas Vanek 1 L 61 17 24 41 28 -12 -- -- -- -- -- Austria: Vienna 33
23 Alexander Edler D 70 6 28 34 68 -18 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Ostersund 31
89 Sam Gagner C 74 10 21 31 35 -18 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: London 28
47 Sven Baertschi L 53 14 15 29 20 3 -- -- -- -- -- Switzerland: Bern 24
20 Brandon Sutter C 61 11 15 26 8 8 -- -- -- -- -- NY: Huntington 28
21 Loui Eriksson L 50 10 13 23 4 0 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Gothenburg 32
4 Michael Del Zotto D 82 6 16 22 48 -8           ONT: Stouffville 27
5 Derrick Pouliot D 71 3 19 22 39 -22 -- -- -- -- -- SASK: Estevan 23
18 Jake Virtanen R 75 10 10 20 46 -11 -- -- -- -- -- BC: Langley 21
77 Nikolay Goldobin R 38 8 6 14 6 -14 -- -- -- -- -- Russia: Moscow 21
60 Markus Granlund C 53 8 4 12 8 -10 -- -- -- -- -- Finland: Oulu 24
8 Christopher Tanev D 42 2 9 11 8 7 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Toronto 27
51 Troy Stecher D 68 1 10 11 35 -7           BC: Richmond 23
36 Jussi Jokinen 2 L 14 4 6 10 2 7 -- -- -- -- -- Finland: Kalajoki 34
15 Derek Dorsett R 20 7 2 9 74 -1 -- -- -- -- -- SASK: Kindersley 30
49 Darren Archibald R 27 4 5 9 14 -1 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Newmarket 27
9 Brendan Leipsic 3 L 14 3 6 9 10 -3 -- -- -- -- -- MAN: Winnipeg 23
55 Alex Biega D 44 1 8 9 32 3           PQ: Montreal 29
50 Brendan Gaunce C 37 4 2 6 10 0           ONT: Sudbury 23
42 Alexander Burmistrov C 24 2 4 6 12 -5 -- -- -- -- -- Russia: Kazan 25
27 Ben Hutton D 61 0 6 6 23 -9 -- -- -- -- -- ONT: Brockville 24
24 Reid Boucher L 20 3 2 5 0 -12 -- -- -- -- -- MI: Grand Ledge 23
44 Erik Gudbranson D 52 2 3 5 35 -7           ONT: Ottawa 25
17 Nic Dowd 4 C 40 3 0 3 16 -7           AL: Huntsville 27
25 Jacob Markstrom G 60 0 3 3 4 0 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Gavle 27
64 Tyler Motte 2 C 15 2 0 2 4 -1           MI: St. Clair 22
59 Ashton Sautner D 5 0 2 2 2 4 -- -- -- -- -- MAN: Flin Flon 23
31 Anders Nilsson G 27 0 1 1 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Lulea 27
29 Philip Holm D 1 0 0 0 0 -2 -- -- -- -- -- Sweden: Stockholm 25
35 Thatcher Demko G 1 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- CA: San Diego 21
7 Jayson Megna C 1 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- FL: Fort Lauderdale 27
88 Adam Gaudette C 5 0 0 0 0 2 -- -- -- -- -- MA: Braintree 20
45 Michael Chaput C 9 0 0 0 5 -4           PQ: Ile-Bizard 25

hmm.... Thats really disappointing... Daniel only tied Boeser for 1st and Henrik was behind them....

WEIRD.... They really were washed up

NHL Possession Metrics

Henrik Sedin

Corsi (All) Fenwick (All) PDO (All) Zone Starts (All)
Season Age Team Lg GP TOI CF CA CF% CF% rel FF FA FF% FF% rel oiGF oiSH% oiGA oiSV% PDO oZS% dZS%
Career     NHL 848 16034.8 17959 11550 60.9 15.3 13426 9030 59.8 14.4 1026 10.6 590 91.2 101.8 68.7 31.
2007-08 27 VAN NHL 82 1596.9 1679 1111 60.2 14.9 1308 858 60.4 14.3 104 11.0 56 90.7 101.7 59.9 40.1
2008-09 28 VAN NHL 82 1583.6 1786 1162 60.6 15.8 1351 923 59.4 14.5 107 11.0 53 92.3 103.3 59.2 40.8
2009-10 29 VAN NHL 82 1612.6 1867 1209 60.7 13.5 1410 966 59.3 11.8 134 13.6 67 90.7 104.3 63.3 36.7
2010-11 30 VAN NHL 82 1579.3 1960 1122 63.6 16.2 1453 886 62.1 15.1 132 12.5 52 92.0 104.5 77.2 22.8
2011-12 31 VAN NHL 82 1565.2 1980 1027 65.8 17.2 1461 817 64.1 16.3 108 10.5 46 92.7 103.2 84.6 15.4
2012-13 32 VAN NHL 48 928.7 1075 548 66.2 20.2 776 432 64.2 19.4 57 10.5 23 93.3 103.8 70.3 29.7
2013-14 33 VAN NHL 70 1447.1 1687 1026 62.2 13.9 1239 773 61.6 12.2 69 7.9 49 91.0 98.9 68.0 32.0
2014-15 34 VAN NHL 82 1525.1 1604 1125 58.8 13.7 1208 841 59.0 12.8 103 11.6 57 90.2 101.8 61.3 38.7
2015-16 35 VAN NHL 74 1360.0 1398 1053 57.0 13.5 1061 823 56.3 13.7 73 9.7 48 92.2 101.9 66.3 33.7
2016-17 36 VAN NHL 82 1561.3 1513 1185 56.1 11.4 1106 940 54.1 10.3 65 8.0 76 89.2 97.3 66.8 33.2
2017-18 37 VAN NHL 82 1275.0 1410 982 58.9 14.5 1053 771 57.7 13.1 74 9.5 63 88.9 98.4 79.6 20.4

NHL Possession Metrics

Daniel Sedin

Corsi (All) Fenwick (All) PDO (All) Zone Starts (All)
Season Age Team Lg GP TOI CF CA CF% CF% rel FF FA FF% FF% rel oiGF oiSH% oiGA oiSV% PDO oZS% dZS%
Career     NHL 828 15313.2 17303 10734 61.7 16.4 12955 8400 60.7 15.5 969 10.4 527 91.5 101.9 71.3 28.7
2007-08 27 VAN NHL 82 1558.9 1693 1008 62.7 18.2 1320 766 63.3 18.1 96 10.1 48 91.1 101.3 66.1 33.9
2008-09 28 VAN NHL 82 1524.1 1736 1056 62.2 17.7 1321 852 60.8 16.2 106 11.1 43 93.2 104.3 65.7 34.3
2009-10 29 VAN NHL 63 1203.8 1445 869 62.4 16.4 1095 689 61.4 15.4 108 13.8 47 90.7 104.5 70.2 29.8
2010-11 30 VAN NHL 82 1521.4 1917 1041 64.8 17.6 1414 830 63.0 15.9 130 12.8 44 92.9 105.7 80.7 19.3
2011-12 31 VAN NHL 72 1354.7 1740 860 66.9 18.5 1279 687 65.1 17.7 92 10.3 41 92.3 102.6 86.0 14.0
2012-13 32 VAN NHL 47 894.0 1055 509 67.5 22.0 751 402 65.1 20.6 53 10.2 24 92.7 102.8 73.4 26.6
2013-14 33 VAN NHL 73 1504.2 1749 1041 62.7 13.8 1306 779 62.6 13.7 69 7.4 48 91.2 98.6 68.0 32.0
2014-15 34 VAN NHL 82 1504.3 1556 1098 58.6 13.3 1178 833 58.6 12.2 97 11.1 57 90.2 101.3 61.8 38.2
2015-16 35 VAN NHL 82 1503.4 1514 1149 56.9 13.4 1152 910 55.9 13.1 82 9.8 50 92.6 102.4 66.5 33.5
2016-17 36 VAN NHL 82 1507.6 1487 1159 56.2 11.5 1083 912 54.3 10.6 65 8.3 65 90.7 98.9 67.9 32.1
2017-18 37 VAN NHL 81 1236.9 1411 944 59.9 15.8 1056 740 58.8 14.6 71 9.2 60 89.1 98.3 79.4 20.6

Those Tables are there entire season 5v5 and 5v4 included into their corsi and fenwick

Heres just the 5v5

CF% rel -- Relative Corsi For % at Even Strength
CF% - CFoff%
On-Ice Corsi For % - Off-Ice Corsi For %

FF% -- Fenwick For % in All Situations
FF / (FF + FA)
Above 50% means the team was controlling the
puck more often than not with this player on the
ice in this situation.

So above 50% Corsi and Fenwick = team possessed the puck more than the opponent when player 'X'

positive CF% rel = Canucks controlled the puck more when player 'X' is on the ice. 

NHL Possession Metrics

Daniel Sedin 

Corsi (EV) Fenwick (EV) PDO (EV) Zone Starts (EV)
Career     NHL 828 12129.1 12028 9845 55.0 7.2 9007 7656 54.1 6.5 601 9.2 474 91.6 100.7 64.0 36.0
2007-08 27 VAN NHL 82 1167.7 1114 915 54.9 7.6 874 691 55.8 8.4 51 8.2 43 91.1 99.3 57.6 42.4
2008-09 28 VAN NHL 82 1158.9 1134 961 54.1 7.4 859 776 52.5 5.5 67 10.5 39 93.3 103.7 54.0 46.0
2009-10 29 VAN NHL 63 955.0 1059 809 56.7 8.8 797 640 55.5 7.7 81 13.9 45 90.4 104.4 62.5 37.5
2010-11 30 VAN NHL 82 1212.1 1278 984 56.5 4.8 951 778 55.0 2.9 74 10.7 42 92.8 103.5 74.1 25.9
2011-12 31 VAN NHL 72 1096.6 1206 811 59.8 8.6 885 645 57.8 8.2 55 8.7 38 92.3 101.0 80.8 19.2
2012-13 32 VAN NHL 47 718.0 773 479 61.7 14.1 555 374 59.7 12.9 35 8.9 21 93.0 101.9 66.1 33.9
2013-14 33 VAN NHL 73 1175.4 1213 907 57.2 7.0 902 674 57.2 7.0 43 6.7 40 91.6 98.3 61.0 39.0
2014-15 34 VAN NHL 82 1187.3 1099 985 52.7 4.9 832 740 52.9 4.0 58 9.3 52 89.8 99.0 54.3 45.7
2015-16 35 VAN NHL 82 1198.3 1043 1038 50.1 3.9 793 817 49.3 3.7 53 9.1 43 92.8 101.9 59.9 40.1
2016-17 36 VAN NHL 82 1259.3 1121 1095 50.6 3.4 812 855 48.7 2.5 46 7.7 58 91.0 98.7 60.9 39.1
2017-18 37 VAN NHL 81 1000.6 988 861 53.4 7.3 747 666 52.9 6.8 38 6.8 53 89.1 96.0 74.1 25.9

NHL Possession Metrics

Henrik Sedin 

Corsi (EV) Fenwick (EV) PDO (EV) Zone Starts (EV)
Career     NHL 848 12670.4 12530 10460 54.5 6.6 9374 8131 53.6 5.7 645 9.5 523 91.2 100.7 62.8 37.2
2007-08 27 VAN NHL 82 1188.1 1098 989 52.6 4.4 856 756 53.1 4.7 57 9.3 50 90.4 99.7 54.7 45.3
2008-09 28 VAN NHL 82 1188.3 1181 1009 53.9 7.5 887 805 52.4 5.7 69 10.5 43 92.9 103.4 51.5 48.5
2009-10 29 VAN NHL 82 1261.5 1363 1077 55.9 7.1 1029 861 54.4 5.4 96 13.2 60 90.7 103.9 58.5 41.5
2010-11 30 VAN NHL 82 1266.7 1323 1061 55.5 3.6 991 833 54.3 2.3 76 10.4 49 92.0 102.4 71.1 28.9
2011-12 31 VAN NHL 82 1256.8 1368 977 58.3 7.0 1011 772 56.7 6.5 68 9.3 43 92.7 102.1 79.4 20.6
2012-13 32 VAN NHL 48 749.6 801 511 61.1 13.2 586 399 59.5 12.7 39 9.4 20 93.7 103.0 64.1 35.9
2013-14 33 VAN NHL 70 1136.1 1160 897 56.4 6.5 846 675 55.6 4.9 44 7.4 39 91.8 99.2 61.3 38.7
2014-15 34 VAN NHL 82 1203.1 1146 988 53.7 6.3 865 728 54.3 5.9 64 9.9 52 89.7 99.6 54.2 45.8
2015-16 35 VAN NHL 74 1081.5 966 931 50.9 4.7 733 720 50.4 5.0 45 8.6 41 92.3 100.9 60.6 39.4
2016-17 36 VAN NHL 82 1303.8 1140 1118 50.5 3.2 829 882 48.5 2.1 46 7.5 69 89.4 96.9 60.3 39.7
2017-18 37 VAN NHL 82 1035.1 984 902 52.2 5.6 741 700 51.4 4.8 41 7.3 57 88.8 96.1 74.0 26.0

1 The Sedin's lacked a decent supporting cast as their careers went on. They had a decent supporting cast in 2014-15 and they had very a successful season, the team was top 10 in the league (8th) and made the post season.

2. Even as their careers came winding down to an end they were still the top 2 relied upon guys, meaning..... Gillis's failed drafting let them down later in their careers because no one was there to take over the reigns or help the team win.

3. They still possessed the puck quite a lot.

4. +CF% rel means when the Sedins were on the ice, Vancouver possessed the puck quite a bit more than when any other combination of players were on the ice.

5. Once again, the Sedins meant possession. They were far from done. They lacked support.

Team corsi in 2015-16 was 47.2 Daniel had 50.1 and Henrik had 50.9

Team corsi in 2016-17 was 47.9 Daniel had 50.6 and Henrik had 50.5

Team corsi in 2017-18 was 47.7 Daniel had 53.4 and Henrik had 52.2

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

okay, soooo like what part of mr NMC-Gillis pretty much failing entirely at drafting and having zero prospects in the pipeline do you not understand.....?

Gillis had 1 legitimate prospect out of all his drafting..... Bo Horvat

how dare Gillis's team finish top 8 in the league every year how dare he only have late 1st round pick every year that most teams in the league would whiff on. how dare he doesn't have any top 6 picks every year to fill the prospect pool. news flash most team that's been sitting near the top of the league standing have pretty bare prospect pools. so what did benning do? whiffs on his 2 top 6 picks traded away mccann for a pylon that he felt the need to re-sign right away. then started tossing away draft picks and prospect and gotten no return out of it.. it's actually pretty pathetic how little top end or or above average prospect we have during benning's tenure so far that's even still with the team considering we have like the 3rd or 5th worse record in the league since benning took over. woo lind rathbone lockwood gadjovich etc are nothing really to get excited about. outside of the 1st round what does benning have to show for? demko and Hoglander.. batting only 60% on top 10 picks not including podz which is tbd. but probably in your eyes all our prospect are gonna be nhl impact player or something. our prospect pool is loaded etc etc etc.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

how dare Gillis's team finish top 8 in the league every year how dare he only have late 1st round pick every year that most teams in the league would whiff on. how dare he doesn't have any top 6 picks every year to fill the prospect pool. news flash most team that's been sitting near the top of the league standing have pretty bare prospect pools. so what did benning do? whiffs on his 2 top 6 picks traded away mccann for a pylon that he felt the need to re-sign right away. then started tossing away draft picks and prospect and gotten no return out of it.. it's actually pretty pathetic how little top end or or above average prospect we have during benning's tenure so far that's even still with the team considering we have like the 3rd or 5th worse record in the league since benning took over. woo lind rathbone lockwood gadjovich etc are nothing really to get excited about. outside of the 1st round what does benning have to show for? demko and Hoglander.. batting only 60% on top 10 picks not including podz which is tbd. but probably in your eyes all our prospect are gonna be nhl impact player or something. our prospect pool is loaded etc etc etc.

Haters going to hate

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, kilgore said:

Who told you that Benning is avoiding Seth Jones?  If Seth doesn't end up here it won't be because Jim didn't try.  He tried to get OEL last year. He still wants to make a big splash on defence, and never has been shy about dipping into the last of our prospects and picks to even get third liners.

Dipping into the last of our prospects?!? 

What are you referring to? 

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

it's actually pretty pathetic how little top end or or above average prospect we have during benning's tenure so far

I can’t keep reading past this and take you seriously. 

23 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

So I did a huge write up about the scheduling this season and just how f***ed up Vancouvers scheduling was compared to everyone in the league. I can go back and tag you in it if you want to have a read.

What really f***ed it up for Vancouver was COVID hitting AFTER we got through the toughest part of the schedule and for how long it put us out of the game for.

So everyone was talking about Vancouver and how they had to finish the season playing 19 games in 30 days. It was insane… absolutely insane….. however… Vancouver also started the season playing 18 games in 30 days as well. No one at all paid attention to how brutal our start to the season was. But I noticed it, I didnt care too much because I was so happy to watch the Canucks play almost every single night. But then I started to wonder, well how many nights off are we going to have later in the season? What does the rest of the schedule look like and what does the rest look like for all the other teams in the division?

Remmeber Roussel’s comments just prior to COVID about how brutal the scheduling was? How everytime Vancouver got into town or a team came into town they were well rested before playing the Canucks. Montreal and Toronto had multiple 3-7 day breaks before Vancouver had 1 nice break. But that was supposed to flip and Vancouver was going to be the team getting more days off, more practice time and taking advantage of tired teams.

Every single team in the league had a point in their schedule where it was going to be a lot of condensed hockey. Either at the start, in the middle or towards the end. The problem was a lot of the teams in our division, were supposed to have it rougher near the end and Vancouver was to be more rested as the season went on. Unfortunately, after we got through our toughest part of the season, we were hit by COVID. It allowed the teams in our division to have the tougher part of their schedule to be a little more rested and for Vancouver, after battling COVID and all the lingering effects of it, had to fight through an extremely tiring and gruesome grind to the end.

We agreed to the schedule because it was going to be fair as we got to the end of it. And personally I would rather get the hard part of the scheduling out of the way early so that if any injuries occur due to fatigue, we are able to work through it in the middle of the season instead of at the end of the season heading into the playoffs. And we would be more rested going into the playoffs. COVID hit and we had no choice but to finish the season with how unfair the scheduling was compared to the rest of the division and the rest of the league. Its not on the league to blame for how bad the scheduling ended up being from start to finish, it was just how unlucky it was for us to get hit by COVID and when we were hit with COVID and for how long.

Nailed it.

No one had a schedule like ours at the start but it was going to "even out" for us at the end.  Except COVID changed all that and the Canucks had a grind that NO other team experienced. 

I, too, compared against other teams who did have some nice breaks when we were lucky to get a day off (often with travel involved).  It was crazy.

Thank you for digging deeper because it matters.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1