The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Kaprizov tendered significant offer from KHL's CKSA Moscow

RWJC

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Confused with what I'm saying? Or confused about how the KHL team can sign him for that contract?

I thought the KHL has a salary cap. Don't know if they have exemption rules or not. Just didn't think it'd be possible for them to sign him to that much money. So it would appear to be a weak negotiating tactic, unless I'm missing something here (which I probably am).

Yeah confused about the KHL having a salary cap AND a team offering almost their whole cap to one player. I must also be missing something. I know Kovalchuk signed some bigger contracts over there, but I thought that was the pre-cap KHL era.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

Worst part for Min is that Kaprizov is not eligible for offer sheet. The best case scenario would have been for another team to poach Kaprizov via offer sheet and give Min two 1st round picks. 

I'm sure if Minny was interested in moving on from Kaprizov, they could work a sign and trade that would be worth more than two 1sts. I think Minny is hoping to keep their star player instead.

10 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Kaprizov is one of the sickest players I've ever watched. Would be a huge shame for the Wild if they lost him. 

I only watched him during the playoffs. He was not very effective without the puck. Even with the puck, he was too small to penetrate the opposing team's defence. He had a decent shot but nothing else exceptional. Kevin Fiala was much more impactful against the Canucks during the playoffs last year. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm sure if Minny was interested in moving on from Kaprizov, they could work a sign and trade that would be worth more than two 1sts. I think Minny is hoping to keep their star player instead.

I think they were hoping to squeeze him because he's a 10.2.c. 

But why would he take less money to play for a team that's going to struggle for the next 4 years due to some pretty bad buyouts? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I only watched him during the playoffs. He was not very effective without the puck. Even with the puck, he was too small to penetrate the opposing team's defence. He had a decent shot but nothing else exceptional. Kevin Fiala was much more impactful against the Canucks during the playoffs last year. 

I think Kaprisov was surprised how much harder (less time and space and much more physical on and off pucks) playoff hockey is.  The Wild should trade his rights.  

On 7/21/2021 at 1:33 PM, Dazzle said:

How is this even possible in the NHL/KHL agreements?

The Nichushkin situation, if I remember correctly, was something that screwed over Dallas big time. I thought the NHL patched things up so that the KHL can't just poach players under contract.

How do you offer someone a contract that already has a pre-existing contract? And if so, there should be compensation when such a situation happens.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, Dazzle said:

This is actually bad business for the NHL. Would you feel good if the Canucks lost an impressive RFA in this way? No, this is beyond stupid for the KHL to be allowed this option.

Radulov with Nashville was probably the most glaring example. He was 22, gong into his 3rd full season, had just come off 58 points. Looked like a superstar in the making.

That said, you best believe the NHL and the team that drafts Matvei Michkov in 2023 are going to do everything they can for him to break his KHL contract, which runs through 2026. Same as Malkin did in 2005, and I'm sure others that didn't get the same publicity. It takes two to tango.

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Cheers 1

OK... this thing just popped up on my Twitter... I have no idea who Taj is other than that our cult hero Rick Dhaliwal follows him too!! Is he a pure troll or he's half legit?????  It makes zero sense if the Wild can't afford him.... and we have enough challenge re-signing Petey, Hughes, Dickinson.... unless we have a 3rd team (Coyotes? Sabres?) to make this deal happen???

image.png.564adc5f2396d7eea28117085e301a6b.png

Edited by RakuRaku

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

OK... this thing just popped up on my Twitter... I have no idea who Taj is other than that our cult hero Rick Dhaliwal follows him too!! Is he a pure troll or he's half legit?????

Taj is not a reliable source - at all.

This guy spitballs stuff he 'hears'. The guy claims to be a Canucks fan, but realistically he is like Squamfan - always negative about everything about the Canucks.

There was some hilarious speculation that Taj might actually be Dhaliwal; this will be hilarious if this story is reported by him...

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

OK... this thing just popped up on my Twitter... I have no idea who Taj is other than that our cult hero Rick Dhaliwal follows him too!! Is he a pure troll or he's half legit?????

Someone please get on Twitter and let the world know that the Vancouver Canucks respectively decline such trade offer. The only Russian drama queen we can tolerate is Pavel Bure, perhaps Alex Mogilny as well. No thank you, 

On 7/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, RWJC said:

I realize this happens all the time and rarely does a Russian player bolt from the NHL back home, but it at least presents some competition for Guerin and could further handcuff the Wild a bit in terms of cap hit and their intended salary structure going forward. I guess this was also some what anticipated and in part helped Guerin convince ownership to approve the buyouts of Suter and Parise.

TSN: Pierre LeBrun reports Minnesota Wild winger Kirill Kaprizov received a significant offer from KHL club CSKA Moscow. Guerin is aware of it but he believes they can bridge the cap in contract talks with the 2021 Calder Trophy winner.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2188015/report-kaprizov-has-contract-offer-from-khls-cska-moscow

I don’t think Kaprizov enjoys Minnesota and am not sure he really cares to be in the NHL...

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think they were hoping to squeeze him because he's a 10.2.c. 

But why would he take less money to play for a team that's going to struggle for the next 4 years due to some pretty bad buyouts? 

Don't think that offering him 9M after only 55 games is squeezing him.  They are offering him a huge contract but he doesn't want term.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Not a completely fair comparison. Vegas' defense is much stronger than Vancouver's.

It was Kaprizov's first playoff series, he'll be fine in future series (should he stay in the NHL).

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, mll said:

Don't think that offering him 9M after only 55 games is squeezing him.  They are offering him a huge contract but he doesn't want term.

so then he'll walk. Just give him the one year. 

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

OK... this thing just popped up on my Twitter... I have no idea who Taj is other than that our cult hero Rick Dhaliwal follows him too!! Is he a pure troll or he's half legit?????  It makes zero sense if the Wild can't afford him.... and we have enough challenge re-signing Petey, Hughes, Dickinson.... unless we have a 3rd team (Coyotes? Sabres?) to make this deal happen???

100% a troll but maybe Linden Vey whispered sweet nothings to him about Vancouver

jk jk

I don't see any potential space for Benning to make a pitch for Kirill the Thrill @ 9.25M, as amazing as it would be.

16 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

100% a troll but maybe Linden Vey whispered sweet nothings to him about Vancouver

jk jk

I don't see any potential space for Benning to make a pitch for Kirill the Thrill @ 9.25M, as amazing as it would be.

Yup... for sure a troll.... makes no sense to bring in The Thrill if it means giving up Boeser and more.... and how da hell can the Wild take back cap hits to make it happen??

I'll block Taj from now on...  so irritating!

• Cheers 1