The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

22 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Predictable narrowminded response, to question one's loyalty to the team - when ALL I am doing is discussing the Canucks current state, in NHL Purgatory under Aquamans' leadership.  Are you really ok, with the current state of the team, whilst some of the rebuilding teams are READY to turn the page: from rebuilding to contending ? 

If anything else, I should be questioning your loyalty to the team, for DEFENDING THE MEDIOCRITY. 

You literally said that watching this team was "unbearable". I never took you for a liar so I was under the impression that you were not going to watch anymore. 

Turns out you were just being a drama queen? 

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Watching Tanev play for the Flames, just reminds you how good he is. Huge, huge loss for us and hurts even more when it's self inflicted. 

Can’t belive Benning thought it was a good hockey move to go from Tanev at 4.5 per to ?Schmidt at 6 and then OEL at 7.2.  If we just kept Tanev at 4.5 we would have the better (of those three) player and saved nearly three mill on the cap.  And saved a third and a first.  Benning! :picard:

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

You literally said that watching this team was "unbearable". I never took you for a liar so I was under the impression that you were not going to watch anymore. 

Where was the drama ? Cause from my POV, it started with your post, making assumptions and it continues with another childish post from you.   

Plus, you still didn't answer my questions and now you another one ? 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can’t belive Benning thought it was a good hockey move to go from Tanev at 4.5 per to ?Schmidt at 6 and then OEL at 7.2.  If we just kept Tanev at 4.5 we would have the better (of those three) player and saved nearly three mill on the cap.  And saved a third and a first.  Benning! :picard:

Well said, and good logic - BUT you forgot the puppet master, that still remains...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I honestly don’t get our owner.  Did his early success with Gillis make him think he knows how to build a winner? 

That was the last rebuild that worked.Noe the owner just wants to make money instead of getting us a winning team.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

That was the last rebuild that worked.Noe the owner just wants to make money instead of getting us a winning team.

We have so many loyal fans.  Think our owner would understand those fans would gladly rebuild for five years to be better than we are now?  Why didn’t he just listen to Gillis?  A decade (my sixties) wasted.  

• Sad 1

Just now, Alflives said:

We have so many loyal fans.  Think our owner would understand those fans would gladly rebuild for five years to be better than we are now?  Why didn’t he just listen to Gillis?  A decade (my sixties) wasted.  

Cause he thinks he knows best.Instead of listening to people who have done this before and made winners he wants his stamp on the team and look at us now.WTF?

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

Am I to take it that you find 5 years of Loui at 6m followed by 6 years of OEL at 7.26m bearable?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Because by that point Gillis had crippled the franchise through his gross incompetence.   No one in their right mind would listen to a word that idiot said at that point.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, dougieL said:

Am I to take it that you find 5 years of Loui at 6m followed by 6 years of OEL at 7.26m bearable?

Such nice gifts from Benning.  Is he the worst GM ever?  Maybe not, but he sure is close.  And our ownerkept this guy for 8 friggin’ years.  :(

Just now, King Heffy said:

Because by that point Gillis had crippled the franchise through his gross incompetence.   No one in their right mind would listen to a word that idiot said at that point.

maybe our club isn’t as bad off as old Alfer thinks?  How many moves until we can compete?  2-3?