The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

6 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

It would take 3 first rounders + their best young D man

They wouldn't be looking for picks, imo, as they won't be "rebuilding".  My deal started with Hughes for Severson, Holtz and the 2oa.  Three players who can step right into the lineup in October.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They wouldn't be looking for picks, imo, as they won't be "rebuilding".  My deal started with Hughes for Severson, Holtz and the 2oa.  Three players who can step right into the lineup in October.

Would take more than that, add a 1st and a 2nd to that package

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Yup.  Hughes costs Jersey: Severson + Holtz + 2OA + first 2023 + first 2024.

And still I hope JR wouldn’t do it.  We get a guy like Toews to play with Quinn and we will see 100 points.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

I don't think so.  That's three elite/top level players for 1 elite player.  I think that's a solid deal for both sides......QH isn't makar level or anything 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Severson is an above average d-man that isn't even that young ...

Slafkovsky or Nemec are hopefully become almost as good as Hughes...  

Hughes should be worth the 2nd overall and next year's 1st round pick (allow Devils to have it top two protected). 

Not really keen on sending him out for 2nd overall and some average pieces 

54 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Severson is an above average d-man that isn't even that young ...

Slafkovsky or Nemec are hopefully become almost as good as Hughes...  

Hughes should be worth the 2nd overall and next year's 1st round pick (allow Devils to have it top two protected). 

Not really keen on sending him out for 2nd overall and some average pieces 

Severson is an option underrated top pairing, rock solid two way dman who gets no recognition, which likely keeps him cost effective.  When it comes to dmen, I don't really care about "young".  He's 27 and just about to come into his prime and has 6-7 years of high level play left in him, at least.  He'd be a perfect fit in Van, imo.

If you think Holtz and Severson are "average" pieces, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Severson is an option underrated top pairing, rock solid two way dman who gets no recognition, which likely keeps him cost effective.  When it comes to dmen, I don't really care about "young".  He's 27 and just about to come into his prime and has 6-7 years of high level play left in him, at least.  He'd be a perfect fit in Van, imo.

If you think Holtz and Severson are "average" pieces, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I like him a lot too, although the D on the Devils I really want is Bahl.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't think so.  That's three elite/top level players for 1 elite player.  I think that's a solid deal for both sides......QH isn't makar level or anything 

three elite players? You've named one above average and two prospects, who can easily be busts....As for not Makar level, I'm fairly certain, Hughes on the Av's would be putting up similar points as Makar. Makar is a hell of a player, has a great shot, and highly skilled but I think you're discounting the team effect here.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HighOnHockey said:

Lol New Jersey tells you to &^@# yourself.

And then Jersey can continue to be third fiddle (for hockey) in the New York market.  Having the three Hughes brothers would put them at the top.  They would pay more than any other team to get the Mighty Quinn.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

three elite players? You've named one above average and two prospects, who can easily be busts....As for not Makar level, I'm fairly certain, Hughes on the Av's would be putting up similar points as Makar. Makar is a hell of a player, has a great shot, and highly skilled but I think you're discounting the team effect here.

Effect of team and having Devon Toews (instead of Luke Schenn) as a partner.  

• Upvote 1

Having all 3 Hughes brothers on one team would not only create a winning environment, but a huge $ making

venture throughout the NHL.  The interest (and curiosity) in three brothers with massive talent would fill arenas,

air tv commercials throughout NA, anything that has any or all of the brothers photo on it and of course...the Devils

insignia, colours or anything related to them will skyrocket.

Besides having a team that competes in the SC playoffs for years, they will make a ton of $ off the Hughes name.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Effect of team and having Devon Toews (instead of Luke Schenn) as a partner.  

I watched the Oilers/Kings series and I was impressed with Sean Durzi. 23 RHD, not the biggest (6ft) but heavy 195. He is smooth skating and can handle the puck. I thought to myself then that he would be a good player along side Hughes.

Kings have been interested in Garland, maybe Durzi, their first (19th) and a prospect like Jaret Anderson-Dolan for Garland and Myers

1 hour ago, NucknAsia said:

Hughes is great, but he's a couple tiers below Makar, easily.

Holtz was a #7 overall who just scored a ppg as a 20 year old in the AHL and has been a consistent scorer at every level.  He could bust, but it's very unlikely.  It's much more likely that he will continue his upward progresion and have a productive NHL career........his shot is, without a doubt, elite.

Slakovsky could already play in the NHL and has been dominant in men's tournaments already.  He's got the size and skill to be a Mikko Rantanen.

Severson is a big body, mobile dman who plays very, very well at both ends of the ice and plays 24 mins a night.  Five on five he's just a rock solid two way dman and on the PP, he's not spectacular but he is steady.  However, he is an outstanding, even elite penalty killer and that is every bit as valuable as a pp performer and something the team really needs in a bad way.  So you may not think he's elite, by your metrics, but he is elite at things that this team is lacking........he's UFA after next season and even with a raise, he will be nicely cost controlled, which helps bring some balance to the roster as the young guys start to mature and become more expensive.

Again, that's the absolute very least I think they'd get for QH and possible they'd get anpther pick or two on top of it, but they need players who can step into the lineup right away as the focus, not future picks.

• Cheers 3

No way VAN is trading Hughes. I'm surprised this is even being discussed. They might as well sell the team, and move it. 

If they make a deal with NJ for the #2, it'll probably include Miller+. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks taking (LD) Mateychuk at #15, and passing on Nazar, McGroarty, Kulich and Yurov?  

I guess we'll see what JR/PA do here, Canucks do need everything (all positions) in their prospect pool, but is Mateychuk the BPA?

I'd be upset I think if we passed up on Kulich. Mateychuk would give us quite the D in several years though.

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I take him at 15 without question; he's a top 5 talent.  I suspect the Russian factor is going to be more significant this year, which might help him fall.

I think you have to take him at 15 if he’s there as he’s too talented.  Sounds like his health is in a better state too.  There will be a couple good options at 15 if we don’t move up.  

I think I’d take the following players in this order if they are there:

Miroshnichenko

Mintyukov

Mateychuk

Kaspar

Lambert

Kulich

• Upvote 1