The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

We will see I had him ahead of our pick on my board but I was hoping we would take a pick that fit into a greater plan a vision for our team. 

my top priority is to fix the d - i dont know if management sees the same.  d prospect pool is awful, and we need talented top tier RHD.   Most of the highly touted d were off the board at 15.  Picking D in the bottom half of the first round and beyond is a crap shoot too  I think they took the safe choice which can be translated into future currency used to fill holes on D -either trade the player or trade the winger that he makes redundant.

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

The future is great for Canucks right now, adding Kuzmenko and Lekker (who was projected to go top 10 by CSS, SNet and NHL scouting). Its like Canucks added 2 top 10 picks and they have young forwards like Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Pettersson and Boeser. I like the direction of how this team is trending and I think Canucks just need maybe a Copp and some gritty forward to balance the forward group a bit. 

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Garland-Horvat-Boeser

Hoglander-Copp-Lekkerimaki

Highmore-Lammikho-Lockwood

Future looks great even if we were to trade Miller.

I don’t think that’ll be the forwards when we get to that time. And I think that’s too many left handed centers. But hell ya lots of forward depth.

Hopefully we can find a C or D gem in the rough tomorrow.

and make some trades to help fill our holes

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

not really as my comment was on the hypocrisy of soaking up the positive press from hiring women and then just sending old white dudes to the podium.  I have no issue with treating them as just another employee........just don't make a big deal of it when you hire them.

Think that is the media making a big deal of it. Management didn't go parading it around from my recollection. 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

So make a big deal of it when you hire them, as well as every other situation moving forward? 

Or don't make a big deal of it at all, including the hire.  They soaked up a lot of positive press at the hire, then leave the women at the table.  Again, just a tad hypocritical

While we need Centers and Dmen, while we need speed, and while we need size, we picked a RWer with average skating and who is small.  However, I am excited that we got the BPA.  I did not see him below 10 on a mock and he was as high as 7.  We got him at 15, this was a brainer.   They obviously like him more than Kemmel.  We should be pumped EP, Quinn, Podz, Hogs, and now Maki all drafted later than they should have been.

19 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I have no issue with taking skill over size but I do have issue with taking a small winger with skating issues for our team in a position we have a log jam. 

Pod Boeser Garland Karlsson Klim 

Where does he play is he the guy to ride shotty with Pete? Does he help Bo's line taking on teams top lines?

where are you hearing he has skating issues? All the scouting reports I have read say his skating is good to average and has good mechanics. 

• Like 1

Just now, hammertime said:

Great pick in Reid!!!!! I'm actually very impressed.

I don't know, looks like a Jake Virtanen 2.0 lol. Uses his size to get to the net. Not really anything to lose sleep over. I was more worried of Oilers getting Lambert