The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why in the Sam Hell would a true Canuck’s fan “temper expectations” of our top prospects?  That’s how other teams’ fans think.  

Because ..... some fans live in the real world while other have family members called Polly Anna :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Because ..... some fans live in the real world while other have family members called Polly Anna :rolleyes:

Unbridled hope is also part of the real world is it not, as is your informed negativity? I would say you tend to be a tad full of yourself at times but then ... Smiley Face!:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Unbridled hope is also part of the real world is it not, as is your informed negativity? I would say you tend to be a tad full of yourself at times but then ... Smiley Face!:rolleyes:

Who knows maybe I am. I try to view thing without bias for or against a player, I'm certainly not a pom pom waiving cheerleader... but the I'm guess you new that already. Some tend to get upset when i don't follow the flock. That's OK 

17 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Who knows maybe I am. I try to view thing without bias for or against a player, I'm certainly not a pom pom waiving cheerleader... but the I'm guess you new that already. Some tend to get upset when i don't follow the flock. That's OK 

I do wonder what actually constitutes the “flock” from time to time. It seems to me that those that are endlessly buoyant and positive might be in the minority in these challenging “Canuck” times 

Edited by zimmy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

what do you get out of following a team that you don't like or support?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

we used to call those fair weather fans. 

Not true, I've supported the team and had Season tickets since 1973 and I  can tell you there's been a lot of bad hockey in those years. The Pacific Coloseum was frequently half full and there were serious talk about moving the franchise, but I hung in, I'm sure you can recall those times 

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Fred65 said:

Not true, I've supported the team and had Season tickets since 1973 and I  can tell you there's been a lot of bad hockey in those years. The Pacific Coloseum was frequently half full and there ere serious talk about moving the franchise, but I hung in, I'm sure you can recall those times 

teams are comprised of people. they need support when they're down, not when they're already doing well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Not true, I've supported the team and had Season tickets since 1973 and I  can tell you there's been a lot of bad hockey in those years. The Pacific Coloseum was frequently half full and there were serious talk about moving the franchise, but I hung in, I'm sure you can recall those times 

10 bucks for two tickets in the nose bleeds.  Then move down to cherry seats because they’re mostly empty.  It was funny to watch the mass exodus of fans during the third period too.  The rink was mostly empty to start the game and to finish too. 

• Vintage 1

17 hours ago, zimmy said:

I do wonder what actually constitutes the “flock” from time to time. It seems to me that those that are endlessly buoyant and and positive might be in the minority in these challenging “Canuck” times 

100% the sheep are the ones who FLOCK (lol) to HF and Twitter crapping on everything about the team so they can get likes and feel important when they get quoted good or bad.

These people aren't real fans and not because they are negative its because they actively cheer for the team and players to not do well so they use that as proof they are right. They also constantly move goalposts and jump on fake news and spread it knowing it's bs.

Look at the Ian Clark situation, it was reported he was 100% not coming back, Benning said that wasn't true, two weeks later he's signed.

Or how TG screws up development of the young kids even tho at least 1 rookie has taken a spot every year since 2016-17 and by having Hoglander on the third line was akin to killing puppies.

Ironically the two games he played on that line we've won both.

I dunno man, being a fan is supposed to be about getting enjoyment and a sense of community,  what's the point of watching something that only brings joy through failure?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Tell me that I’m wrong:

Klimovich performing above and beyond expectations this season would allow the Canucks to use their 2022 1st as a trading chip to bring in another young asset that can help this team for both the short term and long term.  

you're wrong :P we need that pick for defensive depth. Unless you're trading that for a top pairing RHD no way should we be looking at moving that pick. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

100% the sheep are the ones who FLOCK (lol) to HF and Twitter crapping on everything about the team so they can get likes and feel important when they get quoted good or bad.

These people aren't real fans and not because they are negative its because they actively cheer for the team and players to not do well so they use that as proof they are right. They also constantly move goalposts and jump on fake news and spread it knowing it's bs.

Look at the Ian Clark situation, it was reported he was 100% not coming back, Benning said that wasn't true, two weeks later he's signed.

Or how TG screws up development of the young kids even tho at least 1 rookie has taken a spot every year since 2016-17 and by having Hoglander on the third line was akin to killing puppies.

Ironically the two games he played on that line we've won both.

I dunno man, being a fan is supposed to be about getting enjoyment and a sense of community,  what's the point of watching something that only brings joy through failure?

ahh yes, but you're downplaying the great joy in predicting that things will go badly and seeing it actually happen on the ice! You know that there are many on this forum who are fully satisfied by this scenario. Its sad to me when anyone yearns for failure but I understand it when balanced with the satisfaction they derive from being "right".

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

you're wrong :P we need that pick for defensive depth. Unless you're trading that for a top pairing RHD no way should we be looking at moving that pick. 

What I had in mind was our 2022 1st for Conor Timmins.  Maybe not one for one, but something around that.  We get a young RD that has already shown a bit of promise.  I’m assuming that this point that guys like Seider, Schneider, and Dobson are untouchable and so Conor Timmins was kind of my last bastion of hope.

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Tell me that I’m wrong:

Klimovich performing above and beyond expectations this season would allow the Canucks to use their 2022 1st as a trading chip to bring in another young asset that can help this team for both the short term and long term.  

Not really. But he helps makes up for trading our first two years in a row. FOR SURE

I feel we cannot trade or 2022 1st unless it’s a very special trade that brings in young stud rhd that’s a sure thing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Not really. But he helps makes up for trading our first two years in a row. FOR SURE

I feel we cannot trade or 2022 1st unless it’s a very special trade that brings in young stud rhd that’s a sure thing.

May I suggest.......Conor Timmins?  :-)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, tas said:

teams are comprised of people. they need support when they're down, not when they're already doing well. 

Evolution is very clever, it elicits life serving action in two ways: successful action generally results in pleasure; unsuccessful action results in pain. Successful action over extended time generally yields happiness, and the failure to live well, misery. Can you imagine what a screwed up world it would be if those incentives were reversed? Clearly not, but then that would appear to be the world most people live in, today, or at least say they want to live in.