The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Klimovich is easily a top 10 pick in a redo of last years draft.  He's dancing around AHL fodder and has an NHL shot at just 18 years old.  He has more pure talent than at least half of the guys on our big club.  

I could see him make the jump next year.  Play him with Podkolzin.  

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...   :frantic:

I think Benning takes Klim at 9OA if he doesn’t trade it away in the steal of OEL and Garland.  Dillon Geunther doesn’t turn heads as a future NHL star.  Klim clearly does.  

I agree Klim looks great. He wanted that comeback, and he made it happen. He does get beat in puck battles and beaten off the puck on the PP at times, in a weaker league. I think an off-season of adding muscle will be huge for him. He's not quite NHL ready this year but I could see next year getting some games in the case of injuries. Pretty exciting to see that for a 2nd rounder of this year's draft.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think Benning takes Klim at 9OA if he doesn’t trade it away in the steal of OEL and Garland.  Dillon Geunther doesn’t turn heads as a future NHL star.  Klim clearly does.  

I think Benning knew that the guy that would be available at 9 was Guenther so that's why he pulled the trigger, at the same time knowing HIS guy Klimovich would be available with the 2nd round pick.  

No way Benning takes Klimovich at 9 OA so this way he killed two birds with one stone by making the big trade to give his team immediate help and still getting his guy in round 2.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Klimovich is easily a top 10 pick in a redo of last years draft.  He's dancing around AHL fodder and has an NHL shot at just 18 years old.  He has more pure talent than at least half of the guys on our big club.  

I could see him make the jump next year.  Play him with Podkolzin.  

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming...   :frantic:

Belarusian 

• Upvote 1

glad to see another point, so far a ppg player and hope he keeps it up. Almost has to, usually ppg players can make it to the NHL on a 3-4th line at the least unless they can't do some of it in the bigs so nice to see Klim doing it and the rest is just wait and see but liking it so far.

26 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

glad to see another point, so far a ppg player and hope he keeps it up. Almost has to, usually ppg players can make it to the NHL on a 3-4th line at the least unless they can't do some of it in the bigs so nice to see Klim doing it and the rest is just wait and see but liking it so far.

True, but Klim's skill set works with talented players. At age 18 he sees the ice, passes the puck and shots like a top 6 NHL player. He just needs time to learn the speed and physicals demands of the Canadian game.  At 18 he still needs to gain maturity in all accepts of his life. Doing so in the AHL is less demanding then being in the spot light of the NHL especially in Vancouver market.  He already is showing he can play the game at a high level now he needs time to get comfortable living life in a whole new country. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

True, but Klim's skill set works with talented players. At age 18 he sees the ice, passes the puck and shots like a top 6 NHL player. He just needs time to learn the speed and physicals demands of the Canadian game.  At 18 he still needs to gain maturity in all accepts of his life. Doing so in the AHL is less demanding then being in the spot light of the NHL especially in Vancouver market.  He already is showing he can play the game at a high level now he needs time to get comfortable living life in a whole new country. 

well that was me not setting my sights too high on any one player but trust me when I say I'm cautiously stoked to see Klim make our top 6 but even at a bottom 6 he'd add a bit shot of offence to whatever line he plays in but I'm thinking it's more of an on ice adjustment to the smaller rink the NHL has which means everything happens a lot faster but I'm quietly confident he'll be ok especially as time goes on. A ppg player who is new to the league is pretty impressive and I sure liked what I saw of him. Yeah has all the skills for sure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I've been pleasantly surprised how supportive the other players are on the ice, including him in the rushes, even seeming to promote him at times. 

I like his attitude as well. It's good to see a guy with McCann's belief in himself without the arrogance or air of entitlement. I would enjoy setting up a guy like that too. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, frank einstein said:

I've been pleasantly surprised how supportive the other players are on the ice, including him in the rushes, even seeming to promote him at times. 

I like his attitude as well. It's good to see a guy with McCann's belief in himself without the arrogance or air of entitlement. I would enjoy setting up a guy like that too. 

Imagine the violent response if someone takes a run at Klim.  Bench clearing.  

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

prob goes Sillinger, but if he was gone you could be right.

• Vintage 1

On 10/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, Fred65 said:

I can say this, I don't enjoy hockey as much as I once did. Not sure if that because of age and seeing the same mess  again and again ad nausea,  nothing is fresh. But I also think that coaching minor hockey where you're duty bound to try and  improve your players and then scouting uni players ( looking for good and bad points rather than watch the game) has  taken a toll. I think I watch playes rather than the game. But I stand by my posts. Many simply can't handle bad plays and choose to look past them. If there's a mistake I call it out, like I did with Juolevi's flaws  years ago and some didn't like it, in fact many coldn't even see it :lol: 

But that's my entertainment

So your saying about OJ, if a young player plays like a young player and makes mistakes here and there then get rid of him right away? I'd favour JB's approach to giving someone a chance to see if he can overcome and injury which was clearly OJ's case, he may never recover to be able to pivot as fast as the NHL requires but maybe he does. We're a team that can't afford to gamble like that anymore, we're simply not a established team yet like others are that could give him a chance for a longer period of time. 

However a large part of that was the play of Rathbone who is the better player so it was the right call easily.

You sound a bit like me before JB arrived and started to dismantle the broken team we ended up with from 2012 onward but if that kind of butter soft team with a new GM who was ok with a good regular that crapped the bed in the playoffs but filled the seats every night and made money as we did for many years I would have stopped watching and almost did because of it but JB came along and even though I wasn't happy with all his moves, I'm still watching because he's doing his best to ice a competitive minded team that is balanced with skill and toughness with depth so until the finished product has some time to get used to each other, the jury is out imo.

And if JB had of been fired, that would have been it for me, back to the same ole b.s. I've seen for the better part of 40 odd years isn't worth my time watching. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good point.  When I saw round round fall as it did, I was sure glad we moved 9OA.  

yup the way it fell made it totally worth it. Klim looks to be a potential dynamo. I think Sillinger will be a good C, but we might get more scoring and toughness out of Klim.

We still need to draft our next 1RHD but that wasn't going to happen for us this draft either.

Edited by JM_