The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Olli Juolevi

1 minute ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Ferland's cap hit is included in the total team cap.  It's a manual addition by subtraction (if that makes any sense...when written in words, doesn't to me).

Ok I think I get this. We have to reach to the cap ceiling to take advantage of another 3.5M off the LTIR

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Ok I think I get this. We have to reach to the cap ceiling to take advantage of another 3.5M off the LTIR

Regardless of what happens, the full amount of Ferland's $3.5M cap hit counts against the $81.5M.  It's just a question of which player the $3.5M charged against.  Chris Gear will figure out who that is and make sure that the team fits under the limit.  But for us in never never land, it's just easy to say that Ferland gives the Canucks an extra $3.5M to play with. All the discussions around the technical definitions, and cap gymnastics can be left to the guys who actually get paid to figure it out.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

I have really liked Juolevi’s game so far. I’m really not sure why he didn’t receive more playing time earlier. He should be a solid #5 guy out there. Nice deal.

He really needs a steady run in the bigs. Seems he would get some traction and then have to sit. They need to get him some long stretches of games to see what he can do.

• Cheers 1