The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen banner still up at Rogers place ( article)

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Lu wanted/demanded out.

That's why I personally don't him to have a banner in our house.

plus we're still paying his cap bill when he could of chose LITR (fk em)

I can tell you that Jake doesn't feel that way.

Edited by rawkdrummer
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Rogers Place is in Edmonton.

Rogers Arena is in Vancouver.

shooting star GIF

Just lock this we all know this is going to get stupid quickly. Nothing against the post or poster itself but this will just turn into a bash Virtanen thread or bash media tread. 

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Man the province is really grasping at straws to make hockey headlines comparing how fast Luongo s banner came down to Virtanen s . I mean, does it really matter ? 

Thoughts? 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/weeks-after-release-jake-virtanen-banner-still-up-at-rogers-arena

It’s a nothing story. Glad you’re exposing the useless stories popping up like warts this summer. 

• Haha 2

The Canucks may not have even been able to hire someone to take down that banner. I suspect whatever contractors do that kind of specialized work are probably backed up for months due to Covid, like you see in many other trades. And if they could find someone to do a rush job, which isn’t necessarily a guarantee, they would probably need to pay several times the going rate to have any hope in jumping the queue.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The Canucks may not have even been able to hire someone to take down that banner. I suspect whatever contractors do that kind of specialized work are probably backed up for months due to Covid, like you see in many other trades. And if they could find someone to do a rush job, which isn’t necessarily a guarantee, they would probably need to pay several times the going rate to have any hope in jumping the queue.

The cost of taking that sign down probably exceeds Virtanen’s buyout. I wonder if Francesco factored that into the equation?