The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Hurricanes offer sheet Jesperi Kotkaniemi

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i honestly don't think montreal will match it.. i mean jk already have almost 200 games in the nhl.. so you kinda know what he is already.. not worthy of a 3rd overall pick not quite a bust? but if there's 1 player they trade out of the young rfa cores they have JK would be the optimal choice and there's no way in hell anyone will give you a 1st and a 3rd for JK.. at least not the current version of him.

He's still really young. 

I actually think he'll be a solid top 6 player. 

Pretty big gamble to take a late 1st rounder and a 3rd round pick (which is very unlikely to pan out) when you have a young bonafide NHL player who will most likely end up being a top 6.player.

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Kotkaniemi will be a loss.  He literally just turned 21 and he’s shown flashes of the player he’ll be.  That said you can’t pay him $6.1m when you have Suzuki due for a contract next year and Caufield the year after.  

Only way to match is to come to terms with JK's camp on what the next contract looks like to bring the AAV down after this season. 

4 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Sad thing for them, MTL wanted to trade for PLD last year and they walked when Columbus asked for KK lol.  He just had a really good playoff in the bubble and was on a streak when the talks were going on.  I'm pretty sure they would pull that trigger now if they could do it again.

But agree, the fact they were radio silent all week, tells me they are highly considering not matching.  Probably working on a deal to acquire another center with those first pick.  I'm guessing they are working on Eichel but not sure that gets done.  Not sure who else would be available.

Either way I love it. 

Screw you Bergevin! 

Lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

He's still really young. 

I actually think he'll be a solid top 6 player. 

Pretty big gamble to take a late 1st rounder and a 3rd round pick (which is very unlikely to pan out) when you have a young bonafide NHL player who will most likely end up being a top 6.player.

you never know we are assuming it's a late 1st or it could be a mid/lottery pick too.. when ottawa traded for duchene coming off the conference final.. pretty sure they didn't expect to end up with the 4th overall pick and gifted makar to colorado

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

you never know we are assuming it's a late 1st or it could be a mid/lottery pick too.. when ottawa traded for duchene coming off the conference final.. pretty sure they didn't expect to end up with the 4th overall pick and gifted makar to colorado

True

But I'm hoping it's a late first lol. 

1 hour ago, Millerdraft said:

30 pages… Surely someone has brought up the notion that should Bergevin not match that he might be willing to offer sheet Pettersson, yes?

Habs will only have 6 mil left of the 10% over, so not possible.  Habs are apparently going after Dvorak in trade.  Will likely cost Bergevin the Canes compensation and Romanov.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Habs will only have 6 mil left of the 10% over, so not possible.  Habs are apparently going after Dvorak in trade.  Will likely cost Bergevin the Canes compensation and Romanov.  

No it won’t.  And they won’t trade Romanov 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Millerdraft said:

30 pages… Surely someone has brought up the notion that should Bergevin not match that he might be willing to offer sheet Pettersson, yes?

I think this is the scenario;

They don’t have a third, so the offer would have to be over $10.5+, which is 4 1st round picks. Which Montreal can’t do without moving salary out. 

31 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

They don’t have a third, so the offer would have to be over $10.5+, which is 4 1st round picks. Which Montreal can’t do without moving salary out. 

This may be a very unpopular statement, but I take the 4 and run. Petey isn't worth that right now, and I don't think he makes Montreal good enough to be a playoff team. Those 4 first picks could be lotto picks, imo.

4 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

This may be a very unpopular statement, but I take the 4 and run. Petey isn't worth that right now, and I don't think he makes Montreal good enough to be a playoff team. Those 4 first picks could be lotto picks, imo.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. 

40 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

They get a third with this offer sheet or am I missing something?

• Vintage 1

On 9/2/2021 at 8:52 PM, Viper007 said:

I don't even think Montreal is a borderline playoff team.  They're in tough to make the playoffs.  Tampa, Florida, Boston, Toronto are all better than they are.  And that's just their division.  Conference wise you have Carolina, Washington, Pittsburgh, Islander, Rangers, Flyers all better teams in my opinion.

Have been preaching this for a while.  I want their pick

Montreals own 1st pick next year or the following.....or both

I almost guarantee Montreal is picking top 10 or better in one of the next 2 years and savoie or bedard is a damned fine prize to risk it for 

53 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Montreal does have their 3rd round pick next year.  They COULD do an offer sheet for less than $10.5m.  That said I’d be shocked if they go the offer sheet route.  If they don’t match you know that they have studied every alternative and likely have decided to use a player in the system as the 2C or they’ve lined up a trade