The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brad Hunt | #77 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do guys wear the same number for Abbotsford, because that’s where Hunt will be playing.  

I think so .... Goldie and Baer wore their Canucks numbers for the Comets.  And for sure those that were promoted kept their Utuca number if it was available in Vancouver 

• -AJ- changed the title to Brad Hunt | #77 | D
  • 4 weeks later...

Doesn't seem like a great fit with Hunt. With the construction of this team, it doesn't need offence oriented bottom pairing/spare guys. It might be a good idea to trade for a left handed defensive d man if we don't want to play two right handed d men on the bottom pair while Jack is sent down.

20 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Doesn't seem like a great fit with Hunt. With the construction of this team, it doesn't need offence oriented bottom pairing/spare guys. It might be a good idea to trade for a left handed defensive d man if we don't want to play two right handed d men on the bottom pair while Jack is sent down.

I'm hoping that when Vegas needs to clear cap for Eichel et al later this season, it might free up an expiring guy like McNabb. Hague is probably ready for a bigger role there anyway and McNabb is likely a cap casualty whether this summer or sooner.

He'd be a perfect fit for what we need at 3rd pair LD.

Another option would be to potentially bring back Edler...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

On calgary radio today they mentioned, Calgary has called about Brad hunt and are showing interest in him. I can't remember cause I was working but I believe it was on 960am , I'm not 100 percent it was 960 but I heard it .

4 minutes ago, clayduran said:

On calgary radio today they mentioned, Calgary has called about Brad hunt and are showing interest in him. I can't remember cause I was working but I believe it was on 960am , I'm not 100 percent it was 960 but I heard it .

I find that hard to believe. I would be surprised if he has any value above a late draft pick. He's on pace for a mediocre 23 points and his defensive woes are well documented.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I find that hard to believe. I would be surprised if he has any value above a late draft pick. He's on pace for a mediocre 23 points and his defensive woes are well documented.

I find it hard to believe as well  ,but it was definitely mentioned today. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Province Letters To The Editor (someone pegged him BEFORE this game)

Letters to The Province, March 16, 2022: Vancouver Canuck Brad Hunt is a chess master

Author of the article:
Province Opinion
Publishing date:
Mar 15, 2022  •  14 hours ago  •  2 minute read 

Brad Hunt of the Vancouver Canucks fires a shot against the Toronto Maple Leafs during an NHL game at Scotiabank Arena on March 5.

Brad Hunt of the Vancouver Canucks fires a shot against the Toronto Maple Leafs during an NHL game at Scotiabank Arena on March 5. PHOTO BY CLAUS ANDERSEN /Getty Images

It was my privilege to attend the NHL game between the Vancouver Canucks and the Toronto Maple Leafs in Toronto on March 5. The physical aspect of hockey was present, but not overwhelming. The game was a chess match, a next-level chess match. traditional chess game has a board with 64 stationary squares, 16 known pieces, and a slowly developing attack. The chess game I saw on the ice was a game with moving squares and changing pieces. Pieces of various speed, physical size and talent interchanged rapidly to continuously set up a new game board. Numerous set attack plays provided another element to the already complex game.

One player on Vancouver was clearly in his element. Brad Hunt is a chess master. His instantaneous analysis of the rapidly changing game board kept him a step ahead of the play. It was a pleasure to see this chess master on the ice.

Eric Proctor, Peterborough, Ont.

• 3 months later...