The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-season Game 1: Canucks @ Kraken 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, DS4quality said:

Hey all I missed the game until Rathbones shootout winner. Doesn't look like a we were super jacked  tonight, hopefully it's better tomorrow.  But I'm not worried.

They played an NHL starting lineup with mostly AHL players. You don't have to state ur not worried 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Honestly i would have just went for tarasenko. Not a huge gamble but could have been a big payoff for them

It'd have given them someone to market, and then they went and did a whole lot of nothing in UFA

Which is admittedly probably the smart move, but it was still surprising 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Disagree. The D ice time should be split pretty evenly this season, so I imagine he'll see decent time 5 v 5, and it would be foolish not to give him some powerplay time at some point, especially is Hughes doesn't start the season.

I don't disagree but Green likes to play a lot of the other big boys. He won't kill penalties and 5v5 he will probably be looking at around 12-14 minutes if I were to guess. Though you're right, absolutely stupid not to put him on the powerplay. I've been arguing this since he was in the AHL lol. 

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

These homers need to shut their yaps.

Do they know these are brand new guys?  I'm pretty sure they're giving these Seattle Buttkraks a good go.

Meh pay no attention Deb, in the grand scheme of things this was all about Klimovich in a way, and next is about Podz.. we're almost there, we've been talking about it for a few years now and finally FINALLY!!! it's almost pay off time but you know how the boards are.. some will listen to anything and say anything without thinking, but I wish I could have seen the game strictly for seeing if Klim is all that (or not) or how close-ish.. going to be a fun watch Deb, looks like we have a real team again ;)

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Eberle?

Giordano?

Has the shine already gone off of these guys? 

Eberle's a solid top six piece, but I wouldn't say he was even a star in Edmonton tbh 

Gio's best years are behind him despite being great for an older player 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

The guys announcing the game were doing their job tonight - trying to hype a brand new franchise for it's home market.

Kraken fielded pretty much their expected starting roster, the Canucks fielded mostly their AHL team.  The result was pretty much what you'd expect: 
- the Canucks were heavily outshot during the game.  Strong goal tending by Silovs prevented it from being a route.

- the Canucks struggled to come up with shots but got a decent number of quality chances compared to their overall shots on goal and capitalised on their chances.

Some of the players not expected to be on the roster played quite well tonight.  Silovs, Hunt, Klimovich, di Giusseppe and a couple of others had solid games.  If we could make a single player out of the best parts of Rathbone and Juolevi, we'd have a star.  Interesting game to watch, can't wait for season to start.

Great post, you saved me a ton of typing.

• Cheers 1