The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-season Game 1: Canucks @ Kraken 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

7 minutes ago, c00kies said:

They did sign grubauer, which i don't agree with since they had Drieger, but that's a big name. 

They did, but then they proceeded to do next to nothing. They're still sitting on 8.3M in cap space. 

I don't think they should have paid him what they did, they should have let the season play out. They're not going to pull a Vegas with the talent they have. 

There are worse places to build out from than in net, and they've gotta market something to the fans, but that was a steep acquisition for a roster that probably won't do much. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

So does anyone know why some got this and others didn't?

Weird...I have Shaw and got the game but my Dad just got audio.

Tomorrow is streamed....so we'll all get to watch it together!  Woo!

I personally don't have cable, just Internet. I use Gamecenter to pull in all the broadcasts.

Usually it's not a problem, and I found someone on YouTube, who was able to stream this one in for me.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, wildwood12 said:

Juolevi will be waived goodbye!

Not likely, he was looking okay tonight, still needs work, but it really is possible that he's still struggling with Covid. If he is, it probably counts a a hockey related injury since he was with the team when he contracted it and would be moved to LTIR while he continues recovering.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Honestly i would have just went for tarasenko. Not a huge gamble but could have been a big payoff for them

They still can. But it seems Tarasenko is in a similar position as Eichel. St. Louis doesn't want to give him away, but is only going to get so much return because of shoulder injuries. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Not likely, he was looking okay tonight, still needs work, but it really is possible that he's still struggling with Covid. If he is, it probably counts a a hockey related injury since he was with the team when he contracted it and would be moved to LTIR while he continues recovering.

What are you even talking about?

7 minutes ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

All those guys mentioned are bad defensively. We don't have defensively reliable d men. 

I watched you play today.  You’re the captain of Jake’s new team over in Russia.  Your team lost, and you sucked old smelly socks.  You need to be better.  A 300 pound Jake was better than you.  Very sad.   :P

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah. Struck me as a curt response when asked specifically about his job on the PK.

In reality was probably one of their better PKers tonight but maybe Travis is still sour about camp. 

Yeah he’s obviously wasn’t happy with the skate before. OJ just needed to handle it better ie not lay on the ice. The actual results of the skate I don’t think would have matter as much. More once to see an attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes. Imo.

Knowing Green he gets tired of answering the same questions I suspect we will see short answers on the subject of OJ until the final cuts are made.

I know Rathbone is exciting but I think he could use a full season in the AHL. (Which means he will probably play half the season in the NHL - Injuries) We need the best Joulevi we can get for the 6th spot. Killing penalties. Playing a calm game etc. If it’s Rathbones spot he’s gotta do more then flashy passes, offence etc. He’s gotta be a 2 way guy the way I see it

• Cheers 2