The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

1 minute ago, tas said:

I'm going to guess it ends up $9.5 x 4 for petey (he sacrifices dollars, jim sacrifices leverage) and $8.5 x 4 for quinn (jim sacrifices dollars, quinn sacrifices leverage) and benning somehow finds a way to make the dollars work. 

maybe even identical $9 x 4 deals. 

Not worth it. Trade them after sitting them out the whole season. 

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And Benning has a trade to Buffalo as the ultimate hammer.

No GM will trade a franchise RFA who is unsigned to Buffalo.  Think about it.  What return would you get for a candidate who will hold out rather than report?

However, I get your sentiment.  You are not wrong on that count.

1 minute ago, tas said:

I'm going to guess it ends up $9.5 x 4 for petey (he sacrifices dollars, jim sacrifices leverage) and $8.5 x 4 for quinn (jim sacrifices dollars, quinn sacrifices leverage) and benning somehow finds a way to make the dollars work. 

maybe even identical $9 x 4 deals. 

The Canucks will never win anything signing those contracts.  I really hope that's not what happens.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

And then we move them for players that don't destroy our cap. Neither play is worth that long term, let alone short term.

check out the going rate for franchise players, especially in canadian markets. 

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

3 yr deal for petey and 5 yrs for quinn. if they have 15 mil, it depends on their term. you learn a lot about players at these times.

You sure do and so far it's not looking good.  That being said it can all change in an instant. 

6 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

No GM will trade a franchise RFA who is unsigned to Buffalo.  Think about it.  What return would you get for a candidate who will hold out rather than report?

NJ might be waiting to lowball Jim. 

Meh, this stinks. I was hoping to be excited about everyone at camp but I guess we can't have nice things. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Dahlin and Cozens for Hughes +?  Then tell Petey he goes to Arizona if he keeps holding out.