The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes

Happy they're signed, but not going to lie, Petey was stuttering quite a lot when he was asked about how short the term was on his contract :lol:

But on the flip side, Benning straight up said they'd try to do an 8 year extension once the deal expires. Interestingly enough, he also said Hughes wanted a longer-term deal. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

Patterson trying to re-stir the negative media by asking   EP about his short term signing and the perceived short term commitment to the Canucks. Something that media in this town is itching to “blow up”.

EP answering with the truth, the contract made sense to both team and him, and allows the Canucks more room for growth in the meantime.

Kudos to the gal reporting who took the conversation to what we all want to know,. Just how well have you been training while they have been away from the team and camp.

both boys sound eager to get with the team.

sounds like the team protected EP with his wrist injury,  let him grow more with time off..  he looks 10 lbs heavier, in a good way.

I’m Eager to see new physical stats on all players.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Very excited to hear what these young guys felt about sitting out and wanting to get back to the team as soon as possible. Quinn seems like he's chomping at the bit to get going with this new def partners  and systems. Im so happy their back. BTW Quinn will have a stellar year this year, absolutely no doubts.

• Cheers 1

These are very good amounts moving forward. Well done Jim.

If EP turns in to the player he thinks he can be, he'll get paid and then some in three years.

QH value is decent - he can grow in to the defensive aspects - but his offensive skills alone are almost worth his yearly.

Now, get healthy Brock and let's see what this group can do.

Are we in for a bunch of 7-5 games this year?

Not sure why I am only just now getting around to posting this.  Anyways, listened to the 40/43 presser this afternoon.  Are there any more classier young men than Mr. Elias Petterson and Mr. Quinn Hughes?  Also, 43 really is Huggy Bear!! Horvat was my favourite player but he now has stiff competition.   We are so lucky to be able to build the team around these studs.  It was clear to me that they intend to bring 110% to the team this year.  So glad that the contract nightmare is over and we can be one big happy family again.  Also, was thrilled to hear about how excited they are about what the team is looking like this year.  SO READY to FINALLY win a Stanley Cup!

Edited by Sean83

Your welcome CDC:

“Stressful,” Hughes said of the experience, “because, you know, you're seeing stuff online and you want to be there. But it was what it was and we're here now.

Id post the link but cdc is bitches with who can post links. 

image.png

4 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Your welcome CDC:

“Stressful,” Hughes said of the experience, “because, you know, you're seeing stuff online and you want to be there. But it was what it was and we're here now.

Id post the link but cdc is bitches with who can post links. 

image.png

Well considering I post on here every single day that would mean that Huggy knows exactly what is being said on here...  :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well considering I post on here every single day that would mean that Huggy knows exactly what is being said on here...  :)

thank you for relaying my displeasure with the hold out and paying 8 mil+. If cdc had it their way we would be paying 30% of our salary cap to you both and would have had to trade away Boeser and Miller

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, ABNucksfan said:

Dont think he was that close in predictions. Didn’t give numbers for hughes. Gave term for Pettersson. Still think Pettersson bent us over a bit considering what Point signed for.  

Last paragraph, where he suggests that if they go 6 years for Hughes they could both end up in the same cap hit range.

• Upvote 1