The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

We can nitpick away but really we just need a little better finish.  Pretty classic frustrating Canuck game where even when we generate a chance it results in a non dangerous looking shot.  

Ive always been a Tippett fan and the Oilers sure look like a solid team even without two of the best players in the world in the lineup.  If goaltending holds up they could be good this year. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I would have kept Gad's over Chiasson - any day of the week.   Just another casualty in the endless mismanagement of team assets by Uncle Jim - losing another asset for nothing - AGAIN and misjudging who to keep.

Wait a minute. I believe Green was given the power to make the decisions of who he keeps on the roster and who he sends down when he re-signed.  Don't think it is Benning making the Gadjovich decision.  The only thing he decided is when. (He missed the timing granted. But Green called for the demotion).

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It looks like Green is switching up the lines:

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Podkolzin-Pettersson-Hoglander

Don't get too excited because you bet your boots Green will start the season with the same old-same old line up as last year because he fears change and has run out of ideas.

I feel like people think a coach's system has all these little plays worked out and are calling these plays like football.  A system is a big picture construct, an infrastructure to manage a very fluid, frequently changing game.  

The players play within that infrastructure, but it's improv within those systemic boundaries.  No one drew up a play where QH tries to stick handle through three guys and then gives up a breakaway.  They have a setup and possibilities that the players have to read and take advantage of

• Cheers 1