The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

6 minutes ago, Conscience said:

So we are one injury away from having both Hunt and Schenn in the line up.

welp good luck demko

seriously its like Green cant look more than a week in advance 

This organization has failed miserably for years at drafting and developing dmen. Maybe the worst in the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He'd be another Messier here, who sure as hell wasn't a positive influence.  Tkachuk is a subhuman piece of garbage and I'd probably not be watching a whole lot of our games if that oxygen thief was allowed to suit up for us.  Evander Kane can put up points but isn't a good influence; Tkachuk is just as bad.

Like I said, double standard.

In that 2011 run, you watched when Burrows scored that Game 7 goal right? You also watched when Kesler went god mode against Nashville too. You wouldn't be watching if Tkachuk was on our team and scoring clutch goals for us in the playoffs? lol.

Don't kid yourself. 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

This organization has failed miserably for years at drafting and developing dmen. Maybe the worst in the NHL.

Tampa is really bad at drafting and developing D.  The only d on their back to back cup teams that they drafted was Hedman.

• Cheers 4

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd really like to know who's going to be killing penalties on defence

It's kinda funny. Green jettisoned a few of the people who got a goal or assist during our DREADFUL preseason.

No, we weren't outscoring teams. The players that generated some points were: Gadj, Juolevi (minor assist), and Di Giuseppe. Who did we keep? Petan - former Green player in the WHL. :rolleyes: I must say though, Petan is decent. However, the problem isn't with Petan; it's with Green and him going back to his favourite players

Who made Green's team?

0 points, 1 fight/KO Macewen - he's obviously poorly utilized by Green.

Highmore, who I don't entirely dislike, but he was basically a nonfactor for a few of the games he's played.

Rathbone = promising but underwhelming preseason, aside from 1 breakaway goal from the box and 1 penalty shot, did he do anything else?

Chiasson = hustling, but generally not doing much aside from last game.

How many penalties did we take? A lot.

Who was killing most of the penalties. Juolevi.

Green just doesn't have a clue.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

All we got is depth for Abbotsford. 

Maybe that’s all we gave up too?

I dunno. I like Juolevi. Wasn’t a fan of the pick, but still thought he’d be a solid prospect for us. And even until quite recently, I thought he’d eventually turn it all around and become an NHL regular, at least fitting somewhere in the bottom-4 of the Canucks D order.

But it just didn’t happen. And it really needed to this year, if it ever was going to work out in Vancouver.

Maybe it still will for him in Florida. I hope so, because OJ has definitely had a rough time, especially with the injuries, and I’d like him to stay healthy, pick up the pieces, and hopefully find success and have a nice pro career.

But when I take off my homer cap, I’m not sure how much of my optimism for this player was just my Canucks bias. Certainly if he was another team’s pick, I’d have already labeled him a bust.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tampa is really bad at drafting and developing D.  The only d on their back to back cup teams that they drafted was Hedman.

Yea but… but …..but

Eastern Bias and…

No tax state and…

Yzerman and…

the Kucherov LTIR and….

Fire Green and…..

Gillis sold the farm and….

Orca Bay and….

Messier and….

Never had a 1st overall pick and….

the Orca logo and…..

(insert excuse here)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Lot of heel turns on CDC recently.

It’s a positive attribute to be able to take in new information about a situation and then be able to re-evaluate your previous opinion and/or change your mind on it. It shows open mindedness when most people stay stuck in their views come hell or high water always and forever irregardless of anything else. It’s a quality that is sorrily lacking in many people on far too many subjects to count.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe that’s all we gave up too?

I dunno. I like Juolevi. Wasn’t a fan of the pick, but still thought he’d be a solid prospect for us. And even until quite recently, I thought he’d eventually turn it all around and become an NHL regular, at least fitting somewhere in the bottom-4 of the Canucks D order.

But it just didn’t happen. And it really needed to this year, if it ever was going to work out in Vancouver.

Maybe it still will for him in Florida. I hope so, because OJ has definite had a rough time, especially with the injuries, and I’d like him to stay healthy, pick up the pieces, and hopefully find success and have a nice pro career.

But when I take off my homer cap, I’m not sure how much of my optimism for this player was just my Canucks bias. Certainly if he was another team’s pick, I’d have already labeled him a bust.

Really?

23 games, 2 goals, 1 assist, while playing for a coach that forces him to take PK shifts, and no PP time?

Yeah, he's a bust...  /s

I like your posts, but you're out to lunch on this one, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Really?

23 games, 2 goals, 1 assist, while playing for a coach that forces him to take PK shifts, and no PP time?

Yeah, he's a bust...  /s

I like your posts, but you're out to lunch on this one, IMHO.

But is the "out to lunch" comment referring to only the "bust" comment or that he didn't work out here in the end?

26 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Like I said, double standard.

In that 2011 run, you watched when Burrows scored that Game 7 goal right? You also watched when Kesler went god mode against Nashville too. You wouldn't be watching if Tkachuk was on our team and scoring clutch goals for us in the playoffs? lol.

Don't kid yourself. 

Neither of those guys were anywhere near the piece of garbage that Tkachuk is.  His own teammates had to tell him to start playing like a man instead of a gutless coward.  I have absolutely zero respect for him and make zero apologies for that.  The NHL will be greatly improved when someone finally does the league's job and ends his pitiful excuse for a career. 

Benning has said multiple times that character is important, and Tkachuk doesn't belong on a respectable team. 

Edited by King Heffy

Gotta say i'm super bummed to hear ov this trade.  Purely, as i was still holding onto the waning hope that O.J would still develop into a top 3 D this year and really help to put us over the top with another young star emerging. 

Of course i was probably naïve but other than the painfully slow turns from time to time, I didn't see many things I hated in OJ's game whenever he played and i've seen a lot of trash dress on our blue line over the years...  He'd lost the pace he had in Jnr and his offensive confidence after the knee injury but still his quick, stick great vision and smarts made him look comfortable enough as a bottom pairing - Really not sure why they chose to throw him out for scraps - either i'm absolutely crap at evaluating players or there were other attitude, fitness or motivation issues that we aren't fully aware of ? 

Well its been a depressing few days - trying to look at it from a different angle now, while we may have wasted a Top 5 pick on O.J we may just have a future star in Rathbone that made him so easily dispensable.  I still think Jack needs a bit of refinement in his D zone play - but you gotta love his skating and O zone vision. Reminds me of Fox a lot in his play, who lets remember won the Norris last year. Had similar stats to him at Harvard too. Trying to channel that positivity after an otherwise $&!#ty week :) 

According to a friend from Florida, Lammikko could be a good bet for a shut down bottom line role - apparently has hands of stone, and zero O-zone instincts tho and isn't overly physical for his size.. So maybe a small salvageable piece from the trade given out walking dead 4th line right now. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, rekker said:

And yet, we are starting the season with 2 dmen who were drafted by the Canucks, and we just saw Elder who played his whole career here, leave for Los Angeles.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Really not sure why they chose to throw him out for scraps - either i'm absolutely crap at evaluating players or there were other attitude, fitness or motivation issues that we aren't fully aware of ? 

Green and Baumer are really crap at evaluating players, and they have issues motivating players that we are fully aware of.  Fire both of those bums.

• Cheers 3