The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

21 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Like I said, people made a lot of that. 

Been around lots of top tier athletes and have seen sillier nonsense.

I agree, though not a god look but also not a big concern to the Panthers it seems. 

Maybe the panthers missed that clip. Fleeced em! :lol:

Farewell to Olli hope he gets healthy eventually

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, gurn said:

This part is true, might have saved Gads a spot on the team, even though they play different spots.

However you can only trade a guy when some other team says yes. So the timing is always variable.

32 minutes ago, DeepThoughts said:

Nucks might have picked up a solid d-man for pocket change from a team that was going to lose them anyway in the expansion draft and used Olli’s slot on the new dman. Strategy worked out nicely with Dickensen. Tons of teams didn’t have enough protection slots for all their dman.

Oh oh, it's the hindsight police. lol just joking.

10 hours ago, brokensticks said:

In one of the exhibition games, there was a play where an opposing forward came at Juolevi, went left and Olli turned right. I watched him for the rest of the game and realized he can only turn one way. In the NHL you have to be able to turn both ways or guys are going to blow by you often and this was certainly the case with Juolevi. Some guys just can't master the art of turning both ways (I'm one). Edler had the same problem but managed to hide it well.

22 minutes ago, gurn said:

Welcome back, hope things are going well, for you and your family.

Chycrun instead of Olllie in a heartbeat now; as Jeff is equal or better than Quinn.

Ollie was not a bad pick, but not a good pick either.

At some point the Canucks are really going to need to look at how they develop players. Seems like just as important a piece as the actual drafting.

Jeff retired many years ago, but his son Jake is pretty good ;)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

I’m guessing both need to be put on waivers if they see to be sent down 

Juulsen cleared already earlier this month. He can start in Abby or practice with the big club. Or both. Beauty with having the farm team so close  

Edited by rekker

9 hours ago, iinatcc said:

From what I heard from the Toronto folks is that Nylander was that Nylander was one of the better performers during the playoffs. Backcheck or not Nylander is solidified himself as a playoff performer. 

Agreed. The Leafs are my least favourite team, and I find it easy to dislike most, if not all of their players.

Last year in the playoffs though, I thought Nylander and Matthews were their best players.

1 hour ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Good post. I really wanted Sergachev over OJ but Chychrun has turned out to be a stud. 10th in Norris votes isn’t to shabby. Imagine just that one addition to this years team?

It would have meant we never trade the 9th pick in this past summers draft to get OEL either. Meaning we would be clear of all the dead cap after this season. Or could have used that 9th pick and tried to get a RHD with it.

This team is going nowhere under JB and TG, the lines assembled this pre season where a joke. The team never gave their own 2nd round picks Gadjovich or Woo anywhere near the same playing time as recent off season cast offs we had brought in for Abbotsford...

14 hours ago, RWJC said:

Ya know, the more I think about this the more I start to believe we’re actually in a favourable position. All of our top solid prospects are playing with the club already (Podz, Hogz and Boner) which is ideal. If Podz or Boner are sent to the farm then so be it. At least they’ll have had a good taste of the NHL game which should provide even more drive to return. 

We’re just about to restock the farm with fresh blood over the next couple years and have now assessed and purged a few guys who had potential but are also potentially in the way of the “next gen” of prospects. 

The cupboard has been emptied a bit but being restocked with Klimovich, who will now get decent ice time and a real chance to excel, is a boon. Plus another year of Woo. It’s not all that bad.

This is the kind of problem I like having as a Nux fan. Sometimes you just have to start fresh. 

It seems to me, that in the new NHL, most prospects spend little to no time in the A. Some of the stronger teams might have a few guys lurking and developing in the minors, but generally top talent goes straight to the show.

The NCAA route seems to be the chosen path for prospect maturation and development, rather than the A.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

This is because you’re not a hockeyfan. 
You look for something else.

Hughes par example is adored. 
If you had seen Nylander with Petey you’d fallen in love. 

I've seen him play with Petey.  Still think he's one of the laziest players I've ever seen.

11 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

It would have meant we never trade the 9th pick in this past summers draft to get OEL either. Meaning we would be clear of all the dead cap after this season. Or could have used that 9th pick and tried to get a RHD with it.

This team is going nowhere under JB and TG, the lines assembled this pre season where a joke. The team never gave their own 2nd round picks Gadjovich or Woo anywhere near the same playing time as recent off season cast offs we had brought in for Abbotsford...

Sorry mate you can’t play that game with the past.

if we never drafted OJ and we got Tkachuk, Serg or Chych every year after would have been different.

To the point we cannot even say if we would have gotten EP, QH OR that 9th overall to trade. And you are leaving out Garland who was a key piece in that trade..

im with you in the sense I wanted Sergachev and was outspoken about it on draft day but oh well move on!

the JV and OJ misses brought us to QH and EP.

let’s be greatful we were able to get lottery quality picks without ever winning a lottery.

and preseason success means nothing. There have been years we have killed it in the ore season then been dreadful all year. So don’t panic yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1