The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vitali Kravtsov requests trade

29 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I would do that in a heartbeat if these scouting reports are even partially true. Only reason to say no is we're hurting on organizational depth down the middle. I am assuming we'd be allowed to talk to Kravtsov and see if he'd be willing to come here. So that point is hard to debate since only the organization would be able to tell if he does or doesn't want to be here.

From what I am reading of his scouting reports though he has great hands and amazing speed. And he puts in effort on defense. He may not be a great defender but the effort is there, stylisitically compared to Kovalev. Not a great defender but won't float on defense. A big reason his draft stock went up as much as it did was because he had a great playoff showing. If he's a playoff gamer, that's more reason to target him. With Podkolzin here I think he can help Kravtsov along.

The lazy assessment is to say "Entitled Russian, don't want." But I think there's too much talent to just write him off. If he were a Canuck we'd be complaining he's not being utilized properly, case in point Tryamki. People still blame Willie D for handling Tryamkin poorly. Who's to say NY isn't utilizing Kravtsov properly? For reference, Kakko has 0 points in 9 games so far. Something in NY ain't working out for their stud kids. Could be a case of buying low on a stud prospect. I'd for sure be asking about Kravtsov's price and whether or not he'd be willing to come here. If he was willing to come here and the ask was only Klimovich, as much as I like him. I am doing that deal in a heartbeat.

I like Klimovich as well. But I think the Rangers would be asking for much more than just him. 

as a fan, I think I'm concerned about attitude as well. How is Kravtov's attitude? His willingness to learn. Klim's attitude seems to be a very good one. Good head on his shoulders, willing to put in the work and time. I believe he will make it to the NHL one day onto the Canucks either as a middle six forward, or a top six one. He's got a lot of talent. 

31 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

The lazy assessment is to say "Entitled Russian, don't want."

I think this is often true. Like wasn't that one of the reasons for why Podkolzin dropped in the draft? Because he was playing in the KHL, and if he didn't get "his way" he could always bolt back to the K? Lots of GM's are afraid of Russian players, not because they're not good, the opposite, but it's because they always have that "I could go back to the KHL" threat in their back pocket. 

I'm glad Podz seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders, and a positive attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t know all the details of the Dahlen situation (even though people on here pretend to) but Kravstov would represent a much bigger loss to the Rangers.

Dahlen was free money we got for Burrows. Definitely not gonna harp on that for years like some fans. Garland and Hoglander are all the small skill we need.

Small skill that plays hard and with bite is okay.  But small skill that plays easy and soft is a definite no.  We don’t want any size players that play easy and soft.  

• Cheers 1

https://apple.news/Axoe8KpFpTZKwkeTy2WfDTQ

Canadiens, Senators Interested in Vitali Kravtsov

It's been a month since Vitali Kravtsov refused assignment to the New York Rangers AHL affiliate and returned to Russia to await a trade. The Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators are reportedly potential suitors for the 21-year-old right winger.

It's been a month since Vitali Kravtsov refused assignment to the New York Rangers AHL affiliate and returned to Russia to await a trade. While recent reports suggest he hasn't ruled out returning to the Blueshirts, the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators are reportedly potential suitors for the 21-year-old right winger.

Kravtsov is currently on loan to the KHL's Traktor Chelyabinsk. Rangers general manager Chris Drury recently stated his organization still thinks highly of Kravtsov and hopes to one day bring the winger back into the fold. Earlier this week, however, Daily Faceoff's Frank Seravalli reported league sources said the Canadiens and Senators expressed the most interest in him. 

Drury could recall Kravtsov once the KHL season ends. That's assuming, of course, he doesn't get a suitable trade offer from a rival club. He gave Kravtsov's agent permission to speak with other teams after his client requested a trade last month.

Allowing Kravtsov to play in the KHL enables the youngster to stay in game shape while awaiting a trade or a possible return to the Rangers. It also provides rival clubs an opportunity to evaluate his performance.

The rumored interest by the Canadiens and Senators is understandable. Both clubs are mired near the bottom of the league in the standings and goals-per-game average. Drury, however, has reportedly set a high asking price. On Oct. 23, Sportsnet's Jeff Marek said the Rangers GM seeks a top prospect in return.

While the Canadiens and Senators have depth in promising young players within their system, they might not be keen to part with any of their better ones. That could change, however, if both clubs continue to flounder in the standings. 

Edited by RWJC

• 1 year later...