The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vitali Kravtsov requests trade

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Raymond and Ballard only.  I wouldn't even give them the 1st round pick...

Raggedy Andys’ sure wasted their recent high picks on bustaroos. Krappo, Krapsoft, Laugher, and Anderson.  And then that drafting genius goes to the Habs and drafts a bustaroo 1OA. 

Edited by Alflives

17 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Already 23, 10 career points and a winger who doesn’t kill penalties no thanks.

maybe for someone  like Studnicka, Joshua, Stillman, Burroughs, Lazar, Dermott 

I would probably ship them Stillman, although he has been playing better the last 3 or 4 games. I think he will do better under Tocchet structure. 

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Raggedy Andys’ sure wasted their recent high picks on bustaroos. Krappo, Krapsoft, Laugher, and Anderson.  And then that drafting genius goes to the Habs and drafts a bustaroo 1OA. 

He ruined the future of two different teams. How do these people keep their jobs?  And people thought Benning was a terrible drafter. Imagine having the 1st and 2nd overall picks back to back and both players are 3rd liners?  At least Juolevi and Virtanen were drafted 5 and 6. If we had the 1st and 2nd those years we would have drafted PLD and Draisaitl. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

If Kravtsov were already in the AHL, I’d trade in a heartbeat because working with the Sedins could do wonders for his game in terms of improving his positioning without the puck and strength conditioning. Unfortunately, he’s no longer eligible for waiver exemption. I guess we could keep him on the big team, but I’m not sure having him in the bottom six is ideal. We could put him on the RW with Miller or Dryes if we move another winger out since Kuzmenko is a LW playing RW at the moment. I feel that if we did a trade, it would need to be a roster player to give Rangers added depth and a prospect in the AHL for Kravtsov :unsure:

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Why would we need yet another winger? 

I mean, if he can produce offensively in a top six role, would he be better than say, Boeser? 

He'd be a decent gamble to take on as a player. If it doesn't work out, then you either waive him, or see what you can get for the guy. Maybe another team thinks they can develop him, as a reclamation project. 

To me, it's not, whether we have yet another winger. It's how many quality players do we have on this roster? 

1 hour ago, CanuckMe said:

I feel that if we did a trade, it would need to be a roster player to give Rangers added depth and a prospect in the AHL for Kravtsov :unsure:

That would be a no for me. Allvin should hang up as soon as he hears that. 

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

We have replacements without trades 

Mind sharing those replacements. Höglander, I'm assuming? I think I'd rather keep him cooking in the AHL for a little while longer still. If he's going to be called up, I want him to stick here permenantly moving forward.  

For a 3rd round pick, I wouldn't be opposed to that. There have been others like Nickushkin and Baertschi who clearly just needed a change of scenery afterall.

However, there are also people like Goldobin who just never got the consistency needed to stick as well.

(Edited as I thought about things for a moment)

Edited by The Lock