The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Darth Canuck said:

Good hustle tonight. I’m impressed by the new players, especially Dickinson, Poolman, and Lammikko.

Podz is coming along nicely. Good energy by Highmore. 

if that little punk Yamamoto held my stick like that, I’d have smoked him in the back of the head. Impressive discipline by Bo.

most impressive I thought was the team defensive structure. I counted only 1 dangerous McMuffin rush, and his line was held in check fairly well. Good preparation by the coaches (for all you Green haters)

And the best of all, WHAT A SWEET HIT BY MYERS ON THAT SCUMBAG!!! 

Go Canucks!!

If he makes opponents bleed every night I'm happy

42 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chiasson could have had 3 goals tonight.  He still is a threat on the PP.  You want that in your lineup.  At the end of the day when Motte comes back I'd take him out too.

Smith has his number x oiler and all....

1 hour ago, the_impersonator13 said:

He needs to make it a little less obvious how big an Oilers fan he is. Come on! Connnnnnnnnnor McDaaaaaaaaaaaavid!!!!

It’s funny when the Jets swept the Oilers all their fans were calling for his head after some of his calls for Winnipeg.

But yea the guy is a total homer. To top it off we got stuck with Debrusk too. Couldn’t think of a worse duo.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Remember the Poolman Thread. Lol. 

Hows that 2.5 million a year look? Pretty good eh.

How About OEL. Looking like another guy worth his contract. 

Myers destroyed Keith. Nuff said.

So who’s to blame now. The coach and a couple plugs if you will.

Yup ahh things seem to be back to normal and I’m pretty excited about that. Looks like the narrative has shifted. I’m ok with that!

I readily admit I question (ed) the OEL deal.

More cause I believe in building through the draft.  OEL does make the team better sooner. Seeing as I dont have a choice? I am going to cheer for Garland & OEL. Not jeer...

• Cheers 3

By the sounds of it, after reading all these post, pretty well everyone was reasonably fine with the effort tonight, given we played with half a team full of new players for the first time.  The real surprise is that only a few were calling for Greens head on a platter.  Which is very unusual after a loss.    So in all - a pretty good night!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I would take Chiasson off the #1 PP and put Garland of the left side. Or drop Chiasson and even have 2 D with OEL and Hughes.

Put Miller or Horvat in front of the net. They're big boys.

Greener needs to put Höglander on the PP1 instead of Chiasson as Högz has great hands and is like a wolverine out there and could probably get some penalties created by being so feisty in front of the net 

• Vintage 1

I feel like the Hogz-Lammiko-Podz line is an inevitability and will be amazingly fun to watch. 
Hogz was a buzz saw out there. The amount of plays he just saves and keeps possession on is really amazing. 
Demko was fantastic.

I thought Garland looked a bit invisible in the first but woke up in the second and was one of the better forwards that period. 
A lot of changes on the team and going to take a bit of time to come together. Third period comeback is a good first step. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Hoglander should be in the top 6. He's so good at coming out of corners and off the board with the puck. Slide Chaisson down. 

That is all. 

Oh, and tonight was not Miller Time.

K, now that is all.

You are probably right but he brings the 3rd line up to a whole new level. Increased scoring threat on the 3rd line will cause fits for some teams to cover.

2 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Greener needs to put Höglander on the PP1 instead of Chiasson as Högz has great hands and is like a wolverine out there and could probably get some penalties created by being so feisty in front of the net 

Chiassion was solid on the pp last night and 3-4 outstanding chances.  Why would he be the one you'd take out?

5 hours ago, AbbyNux said:

Podkolzin is going to get the 'treatment' by Green.

Lots of speed. 

The Myers hit was all that was needed tonight. 

#ForDaniel

I think Myers should get a standing ovation when he steps on to the ice at home first game.

… or Danny should give him a free autographed jersey ;) 

• Haha 4

Last night there were some positive signs that they may be alright. I thought that the Defense that was supposed to be so bad didnt look all that bad. They had McDavid and Draisitl shut down for the most part. Three guys went to McDavid on the first goal by  Puljujarvi. The second power play goal by the oilers was the result of a bad bounce with the puck as the Oiler player shot the puck into our player going off to get the power play. We will have to watch those types of plays as we go forward in the season especially against the Oilers. It was just a great play on their power play to give Hyman the tap in.

Myers hit on Keith was one of the sweetest open ice hits i have seen in a while. Couldnt happen to a nicer guy in my opinion. Thats the Myers we need.

Demko played well,Burroughs played well, Myers had a big game, Hughes,Hoglander, Podkolzin Pearson Horvat were engaged all night. Chiasson was in the play most of the night.

I thought we did ok in the hit department and fore-checking was solid throughout the game.

Our speed has definitely improved over last season.

Now a few things still worry me. This was an issue in Pre season as well.

First off we cant score. Too many shots throughout the game were right into the chest of Smith. He played well but we made him look a lot better than he is. Chiasson especially hit him three or four times right in the crest.Also he should not be the shooter on the power play.We will not have success if he is the one taking the shot. He needs to be on top of the goalie.

Pettersson tried to do too much on his own right now. I thought a couple times he had a player open and chose to try to dangle thru a few Oilers. He will get that figured out

The biggest worry to me is Miller. He lets his frustration get the best of him at times and being a competitive guys is good and all but he could not have looked more disinterested on the shootout attempt.That worries me.

We need Brock especially on the power play. He is the one guy whose heavy shot can go through the goalie. He was sadly missed on the first 4 Power plays for sure.

We got a lot of season left. We picked up a point in a game that looked like we would get none. We probably had the better run of the play all game and definitely should have won the game in OT. Off to Philadelphia on Friday and Detroit Saturday This was an issue in Pre season as well. Pick up three of four points in those two games and we are golden.

Nice to have hockey back.Go Canucks Go

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1