The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

For the people who always resort to "he's in the NHL and you're not he knows more than you so shut up":

#CanucksNHLTeam_2021_Canucks.png coach Travis Green on Hoglander's game tonight: "Hogs, he kind of creates stuff on his own... I'd like to keep Hog between 14 to 18 minutes and kind of shuffle him around because I think he can kickstart a lot of lines"

Moron.

What’s wrong with that?

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

For the people who always resort to "he's in the NHL and you're not he knows more than you so shut up":

#CanucksNHLTeam_2021_Canucks.png coach Travis Green on Hoglander's game tonight: "Hogs, he kind of creates stuff on his own... I'd like to keep Hog between 14 to 18 minutes and kind of shuffle him around because I think he can kickstart a lot of lines"

Moron.

You shouldn't call yourself names. You know nothing about hockey and you're extremely petty in your constant criticism of things you know little about, but that's a little harsh.

This whole post is a headscratcher ... only a mor ..... oh wait forget about it.

• Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

What’s wrong with that?

seriously, it sounds like a coach who recognizes a special ability in a player. and he's right -- hoglander hasn't succeeded because of chemistry with certain players or being deployed in a certain role, his success has come from his own sweat and initiative. that's contagious on a line because nobody wants to feel like their linemate is pulling more weight than them. why not spread that around?

12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

What’s wrong with that?

He's like our best forward?

o wait sorry, gotta staple Pearson and Chiasson to the top 6 instead

lmao

And let's not forget the shootout.

We win that game last night with an NHL coach.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Wat 2
  • RoughGame 2

17 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

What’s wrong with that?

10 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

How dare Green complement a player like that! I think the poster saw his reflection on his screen when typing moron. 

8 minutes ago, tas said:

seriously, it sounds like a coach who recognizes a special ability in a player. and he's right -- hoglander hasn't succeeded because of chemistry with certain players or being deployed in a certain role, his success has come from his own sweat and initiative. that's contagious on a line because nobody wants to feel like their linemate is pulling more weight than them. why not spread that around?

When you see completely absurd comments like these it's easy to understand why you see a lot of these brainless post bashings. No wonder people are abusive to management, they don't even understand the basics properly. This guy is confusing a good trait and positive comments as negative. No doubt their logic comes out all garbled.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

lmao

But our Coach is coaching in the NHL, therefor does that not imply he is an NHL Coach?

haters going to hate, hate, hate

Go Canucks Go

What does Green have against Hoglander? He was our best player in the game, is consistently one of our best players and the kid seems to get the shaft every time over other players. 

Höglander had an A+ game. So many great plays. Made the game tying pass. Could have had a couple other apples. 

But no, Chiasson has to be on the top line. 

Just now, AbrasiveAjax said:

But our Coach is coaching in the NHL, therefor does that not imply he is an NHL Coach?

haters going to hate, hate, hate

Go Canucks Go

I meant in terms of ability, not title, and you knew this before clicking "Quote".

Mike Milbury was an NHL GM by title, as well.

4 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

lmao

Chaisson is a filler for Brock, that didn't cost a 2nd and prospect this time. If nothing else, he is good in front of the net.

But have to disagree on Hog's use. Garland and Bo look great together, and Pearson and Bo are also a good tandem. Hog's giving the 3rd line an offensive threat is a weapon we've wanted on our 3rd line for a long time.

I'm sure I've seen comments from you about how good teams have depth including 3rd line scoring. 

9 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

And what credentials do you have to make this assessment? 

Maybe it's one's I don't have, namely calling out people about things I know nothing about. Obviously you just proved you're a yapbox talking out of your arse. Only a fool pretends he knows more than everyone else and you have that in spades.

Just one game and the team is showing an obvious improvement over last season.  Quite amazing when you think of all the new faces and 2-3 guys that are still a bit rusty.  With Boes and Motte returning, the team suddenly looks high end with some very good depth.

Looks like Hughes has found a great partner in Poolman.

Hogs can play on any line and look threatening.

Garland is still adjusting, but is already looking good on the top 6.

OEL comes across as an incredibly smooth and confident player.  A master of his game.

Myers.  Are we seeing some emerging beastdom happening?

Burroughs.  Wow.  Where did he come from?  We have a very competent 3RD here folks!

Dickinson and 3d line look good.

Lams is looking like a solid 4C.

Highmore looked terrific last night.  Might be the Motte replacement next year?

Line changes incoming when Boes and Motte arrive on the scene.  I can see Pods being sent down to Abby.  He can play big minutes until the injury bug starts in Van.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Maybe it's one's I don't have, namely calling out people about things I know nothing about. Obviously you just proved you're a yapbox talking out of your arse. Only a fool pretends he knows more than everyone else and you have that in spades.

I don't profess to know everything, but I can admit that I know that it's a good idea to play your best forwards together, especially when you need a goal.

This isn't rocket science to even casual hockey fans.

It's a rather straightforward concept.

26 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Moron.

Jesus christ, Green. 

Imagine doing so many little things well like winning puck battles, setting up your teammates, helping escape the zone and create a forecheck to only be rewarded with 14 minutes of ice time. 

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

When you see completely absurd comments like these it's easy to understand why you see a lot of these brainless post bashings. No wonder people are abusive to management, they don't even understand the basics properly. This guy is confusing a good trait and positive comments as negative. No doubt their logic comes out all garbled.

Are you calling use brainless then agreeing the guys post had no logic?