The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stan Bowman resigns as Blackhawks GM, Kyle Davidson named interim GM

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Krinjer33 said:

Striping them of the title does absolutely nothing to punish the organisation. 
They still played the games and the players still lifted the cup. Weather there’s a banner in the rafters or not you can never take away that feeling for the players and the organisation. 
If you want to punish them it has to be in the future and not the past. 

Why not both? There's more than a certain humiliation factor in being told to remove your banner. Especially for the guys who were on that team, who are still playing for it, and I'm sure everyone knows who I mean.

Ban any players still active, from participating in international events (Olympics) as well. 

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Why not both? There's more than a certain humiliation factor in being told to remove your banner. Especially for the guys who were on that team, who are still playing for it, and I'm sure everyone knows who I mean.

Ban any players still active, from participating in international events (Olympics) as well. 

I’m mean sure. But what I’m saying is you can take the banner down and strip them of the title, but you’ll never take away that feeling of raising the cup. It’s what they all dream of doing and they did it. They still won the cup. They will have that forever. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Force them to have a banner removal ceremony followed by a Beach jersey retirement another night.  Suspend Toews for the rest of the season, and give Keith and Kane 20 each.  Disqualify any player from that team from HHOF consideration permanently.

Throw the book at these failures of human beings.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Force them to have a banner removal ceremony followed by a Beach jersey retirement another night.  Suspend Toews for the rest of the season, and give Keith and Kane 20 each.  Disqualify any player from that team from HHOF consideration permanently.

Throw the book at these failures of human beings.

Why separate night? Do it on the same night to drive home the message.

I agree. Throw the book at them. What they have done is unforgivable. 
But if you wanna hurt them, do it by taking their picks and their $. 
Make them pay a hefty sum to a charity or awareness organisation. 
And ban the involved players and coaches from Olympics, HHoF and Media. 

Half of the fine is already going to charities in the Chicago area that deal with victims of sexual assault/

Also the Olympics have completely separate boards and committees to decide if they wish to punish a person; nothing to do with what the NHL decides.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Half of the fine is already going to charities in the Chicago area that deal with victims of sexual assault/

Also the Olympics have completely separate boards and committees to decide if they wish to punish a person; nothing to do with what the NHL decides.

Oh come on Chicago, you get free PR that you desperately need by donating another $2M to charities that deal with sexual assault. 

Freaking layup there. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

He's a Kelowna boy such as myself. He has had some issues. Thing is, at what point did the Black Hawks road block his development? It's odd that he never even got a look at the NHL level. He mired in their minor system quite awhile. He has plenty of grounds for a huge lawsuit.

I hope he gets as much as he feels is deserved... Even though there's no amount of money that can fully heal the damage that was inflicted.  

• Cheers 2

Just a reminder that Jonathan Toews said he was "annoyed" when Kyle Beach first came forward over the summer. And now this statement. Absolutely gutless person. He deserves to be stripped of his C. Classless in the face of this scandal. He seems more upset that his longtime bosses "Stan and Al" had to step aside instead of what Kyle went through.

I honestly believe he, Keith, and any other Blackhawk of that era who claimed they "didn't know about this" were the ones hurling the homophobic slurs at Beach during this time.

We were so lucky to have the Sedins as our leaders in this same era when this scandal happened and have them guiding this Canucks generation now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

27 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Just a reminder that Jonathan Toews said he was "annoyed" when Kyle Beach first came forward over the summer. And now this statement. Absolutely gutless person. He deserves to be stripped of his C. Classless in the face of this scandal. He seems more upset that his longtime bosses "Stan and Al" had to step aside instead of what Kyle went through.

I honestly believe he, Keith, and any other Blackhawk of that era who claimed they "didn't know about this" were the ones hurling the homophobic slurs at Beach during this time.

We were so lucky to have the Sedins as our leaders in this same era when this scandal happened and have them guiding this Canucks generation now.

Well Jonathan, those good people Stan and Al are absolutely complicit in everything that happened to every victim after Kyle by their inaction and dereliction of duty. They are complicit in every day of suffering that Kyle Beach endured between then and this day.  They are complicit in this sickening picture. 

What a totally tone deaf thing to say. Why would I expect anything better from JT?

E245966B-8E9E-47E8-93ED-6326E7501BCA.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

image.jpeg.ffb437476940c5bf18542e57405b2d8a.jpeg

yeah.. Jonathan Toews has lost all of my respect. 

To be fair this is a very small broken up quote. I just watched toews interview.

I'm willing to give the star players the benefit of the doubt. I mean he was a black ace and never suited up for a game, line rushes would be split up from the main group.

The hazing was probably from other prospects and aces who will do whatever it takes to get the upper hand over another player. "Internal competition" ... even if it means stooping that low. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gurn said:

Made him easier prey for Aldrich, kid was already feeling like an outsider, borderline guy trying to stay in the show.

Interesting part was he was a high draft pick 11th overall and other than the hawks having  a stacked team probably would have had a great crack at some nhl duty.  Trauma of his abuse could have played a role in not getting to highest level of hockey.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Interesting part was he was a high draft pick 11th overall and other than the hawks having  a stacked team probably would have had a great crack at some nhl duty.  Trauma of his abuse could have played a role in not getting to highest level of hockey.

I wanted him rather than Hogdson, while my buddy preferred Cody. For years it looked like my friend was right, but now we know a good reason that Beach never made it.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

To be fair this is a very small broken up quote. I just watched toews interview.

I'm willing to give the star players the benefit of the doubt. I mean he was a black ace and never suited up for a game, line rushes would be split up from the main group.

The hazing was probably from other prospects and aces who will do whatever it takes to get the upper hand over another player. "Internal competition" ... even if it means stooping that low. 

Kyle Beach was an 11th overall pick who was expected to be a big part of that Blackhawks dynasty. This would be the equivalent to Bo Horvat not knowing who Podzkolzin was after being drafted. It's pretty far fetched that he wouldn't have *any* familiarity. 

This is a really bad take, dude.

• Upvote 1