The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stan Bowman resigns as Blackhawks GM, Kyle Davidson named interim GM

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am sure both expected a quick and biased investigation followed by a sweeping under the rug. Both should be immediately fired. How either of those organizations keep them on after this is mind boggling to me. 

Coaches have been fired for calling a player a racial slur (rightfully so). Ignoring them being sexually assaulted for no reason other than pure greed and gain is more heinous.

My question is this? Could they not have just fired Aldrich immediately and found a less rapey video coach for the rest of the playoffs that year? Was he really so important to them winning the cup?

That they didn’t do anything right away is even worse than allowing it to happen in the first place. 

Probs, doubt they were expecting things to be as thorough as they apparently were. 

They should both be turfed by Winnipeg and Florida respectively, current season records and past accomplishments be damned. 

You'd think so, surely they could have gotten someone else in the meantime. 

And yeah, taking almost a month to decide to do anything at all is mind boggling. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If the 2mil fine says hello, it must be a whisper of a hello coming from underneath an ocean of lies.

Might as well have just poked the orgnization with a toothpick. :(

Exactly my point. The punishment is so woefully unacceptable that actually Bettman and his whole team should join the rest of these assholes in being out of a job.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If the 2mil fine says hello, it must be a whisper of a hello coming from underneath an ocean of lies.

Might as well have just poked the orgnization with a toothpick. :(

Strip them of their first round pick for eleven years, that's how long it took for this to get out. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Strip them of their first round pick for eleven years, that's how long it took for this to get out. 

Considering Arizona was stripped of 1st round picks for something a lot less dire, I would say at least a couple of picks should have been removed for this.

There's just no consistency with how these penalties are done.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rekker said:

This is bull$&!#. Look at what Arizona got fined for their BS at circumventing the combine. The fact that Chicago didn't loose a draft pick or two is absolute crap. NHL is a joke and a boys club that favours the original six and the other darlings. If I'm Arizona I'm going public with WTF?!?!. It's crap like this that if I didn't love this game, it's my passion, I'd say good riddance to this farce of a leugue. If the scenario was exactly the same, but the Canucks committing the crime, I gaurantee, gaurantee, there would be draft picks invlolved.

Now would be the perfect time for people in the league to speak up about this. The NHL and one of their storied franchises look to be complicit in covering up a sexual assault. Knowing that turd Bettman, he'd probably try to fine the hell out of whomever holds his feet to the fire instead of taking the statements as constructive criticism that he could learn from. 

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Considering Arizona was stripped of 1st round picks for something a lot less dire, I would say at least a couple of picks should have been removed for this.

There's just no consistency with how these penalties are done.

Sure there is.

Original 6 big market American team = “well it’s not THAT bad”

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Now would be the perfect time for people in the league to speak up about this. The NHL and one of their storied franchises look to be complicit in covering up a sexual assault. Knowing that turd Bettman, he'd probably try to fine the hell out of whomever holds his feet to the fire instead of taking the statements as constructive criticism that he could learn from. 

It's a pity Burke is now employed by a team again.  I'd love to hear an honest take from him on this.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Will not be surprised if the NHL forces the Panthers to fire Quenneville and the Jets to fire Cheveldayoff. They were both in the room and they both don't deserve to be employed by NHL teams.

I was going to post that as well, after reading the brief on the report. Sounds like the NHL will conduct one on one interviews with both of them before making a decision on their future.

Inadequate response from the league, one that just makes the whole sport look like some kind of pedophile ring.  Terrible look.  My thoughts are with John Doe, Theo Fleury and Sheldon Kennedy at the moment.  Punishing the perpetrators and cover-ups is important, but until the sport addresses how this kind of abuse can happen and foregrounds the needs of those on the receiving end of it, we aren't dealing with what's been happening. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The 2 mil fine says hello.

How much money did Chicago make due to winning the Stanley Cup that year? What money did Kane, Toews, Keith, etc make off the back of it? What money and opportunity did Quenville, Bowman, and Cheveldaeoff get from it.

The NHL showed today that sweeping it under the rug then firing a few guys when it comes out a decade later is the best course of action unfortunately.

Well hard to say what they gained, but perhaps this is part of why Duncan Keith went to Edmonton, he got out before $&!# got too real...

3 minutes ago, Podz92 said:

Well hard to say what they gained, but perhaps this is part of why Duncan Keith went to Edmonton, he got out before $&!# got too real...

It’s not hard to see what they gained. They gained several cup wins and all the money and glory that goes along with it. 2 mil dollar fine. Is that one or two playoff games worth of revenue?

• Cheers 1