The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, Firstname Lastname said:

On paper, the forward group looks good, and the defense looks questionable.

But on the ice, the result is opposite.

What's kinda wild is this defense is sorta on par with our 2010-2011 d-corps.

Hughes > Ehrhoff
OEL > Edler (even back when he was playing his best)
Hamonic = Hamhuis (lol)
Myers < Bieksa (Bieksa was probably a top pairing guy on another team, Myers second pairing)
Salo doesn't really have an equivalent, but Poolman makes us better defensively vs Salo had that big slapshot (pretty useless in todays NHL anyway)

Then we had Aaron Rome and Andrew Alberts... vs we have Burroughs, Schenn, Rathbone.. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Darius said:

Yup you could be right.  Kid has been a golden boy edit while playing career.. maybe he needs some humble pie

yes and this is coming from the biggest EP fan, the leaders on the team needs to bring him down back to Earth. 

He had no problem making those comments in the summer and traveling Michigan posing for pictures when training camp started. IMO he deserves to be under fire for his performance so far. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah. I could see him as an interim but I think he won't be a fit with a defensive implemented structure. Rather him be in charge of the PK and Defense and have a voice(2nd guy to HC as he is now).

We might not be able to find I head coach I describe till after the season or near the end.

If the season ends bad though I could see JB gone by seasons end in which case we definitely wouldn't see a coach till the off-season as the new GM will want to pick his own guyw and Shaw would probably interim rest of the year.

If things continue as they are, he won’t make it to New Years Day. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

When was the last time a coach benched their leading scorer in a one goal game?

Green shouldn't even be allowed at the rink.  Francesco is frustrated, meaning he is currently on the phone with Benning throwing F bombs.  If Green isn't fired tomorrow morning this could turn into an episode of The Godfather...

merry-christmas.gif

I consider myself a very glass half full canucks fan and I am always looking at the positives even in a loss…. But fuuuuuuuccccc*******kkkkkkk me petey. You are killing us. The puck died on his stick every damn play.

and I know green needs to give him minutes to get himself out of this but jeez, I would rather see any other player out there right now. Let podz play first unit. 

tough to watch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Petey is doing his best Loui Player Name impression after signing a nice contract :(

Loui played 10x better compared to this Petey, especially defensively.

Oh and he scored goals once in a while too, empty net or not.

Just now, Trebreh said:

yes and this is coming from the biggest EP fan, the leaders on the team needs to bring him down back to Earth. 

He had no problem making those comments in the summer and traveling Michigan posing for pictures when training camp started. IMO he deserves to be under fire for his performance so far. 

It's quite possible that you could be interpreting it the wrong way.

Imac said when talking to Petey right before the season started that he says he understands the pressure and wants to be the guy the team relies on the most. Also said Petey is insanely critical of himself.

• Cheers 1

One of the most frustrating parts of this team, which has been happening for at least 3 years now, is that god forsaken period from some point in the first to midway through the second where they just get little to no shots whatsoever. Both the Seattle and this game, approached 20 straight minutes without a single shot. They literally just waste a quarter of the game, almost each and every single game. I just don't get it. I don't understand how despite so much roster turnover, it continues to happen. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Maybe EP (The Alien) is boozing it up at Alf's late nights before games 

Maybe now that that cat is out of the bag, they put a stop to it

Cat's out of the bag and in the oven at Alf's place.