The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 30th, 2021, 7:00 PM Pacific | CBC | 2021 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Oilers @ Canucks  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Darius said:

A few years back I remember Dorsett in McNuggets grill all game  getting under his skin and having the oilers chase him around.

It’s beyond me how they let up on this guy time after time. 

Lockwood played that role to a tee in preseason yet Green chose a bunch on plugs over him.

Opening roster should have had Lockwood and Gadjovich on it. It wouldn’t have solved all our problems but they’d provide more than Chiasson and Highmore.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Petey looked better out the gate. Maybe he is turning a corner.

Think the 'big' hits by Kass the Koward are being overblown a bit, while the players went down they both dodged most of it.

Lack of skill and coordination is just killing us, Can't get out our zone, can't stay in there's. Looking like the Willie D teams again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I still believe that with Hamonic and Motte back we’re only a couple big bottom 6 guys and a new coach away from being a playoff team.

I know it doesn’t look like it right now but I just don’t think the players are buying what the coach is selling anymore.

I think a veteran coach that commands respect is what we need. Julien :ph34r: Boudreau... I don't even know whose available but someone 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

A few years back I remember Dorsett in McNuggets grill all game  getting under his skin and having the oilers chase him around.

It’s beyond me how they let up on this guy time after time. 

Also to get Kassian to fight or to lay off...start hitting their star players!!! Simple as that!

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Lockwood played that role to a tee in preseason yet Green chose a bunch on plugs over him.

Opening roster should have had Lockwood and Gadjovich on it. It wouldn’t have solved all our problems but they’d provide more than Chiasson and Highmore.

Agree regarding Lockwood , he was getting draisaitl worked up. He could have played the role nicely 

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Yeah, it feels like we could lose em all for sure.    Our usual top players aren’t carrying the play the way they need to - and other than Miller and Bo aren’t showing up on the scoresheet either. 

I’m not going to defend the coaching but the chaotic start to the year with Petey and Quinn missing camp, Brock getting hurt and Hamonic, Sutter and Motte not available to start the year makes the crappy play kind of understandable. 

There are reasons beyond coaching for sure. But the systems in play are garbage. Our PK is timid and gives up easy shots from the point. This is old school PK style that is out dated. Teams are now aggressive. $&!# they do it on 5 on 5 too. 

Then there is the bush league power play. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

I think the bubble "playoff run" gave us, the organization and the city, a false sense of identity. That small sample size was possibly the anomaly. 

The bubble-play-off-run team no longer exists. Benning began dismantling it at season’s end. I know that cap-matters necessitated most of that, but there was a lot of logged-game-hours together completely lost. 

3 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Sometimes I wonder if our guys are suffering from what they call post-Covid syndrome. 

There’s a general lethargy and/or a lack of mental sharpness, that can be hard to shake. It is said to take, 6 months to a year, for high-performance athletes…like a post-concussion syndrome, I kid you not. Can any medical personnel out there verify this rumour? I presume every case is different but…

I had COVID 14 months ago and still suffer from it.
Most days I have very low energy, and my mind wanders a lot more. My respiratory system is badddd

A few weeks ago they suggested I take a lot more Vitamin B - I've been doing that and feeling a little bit better - get through most days without an after work nap now....