The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, b3. said:

Yeah - I don’t think Aquilini will sit and watch this year again. Ownership spent way to much this off-season to let it slide.

Hope not . This is honestly embarrassing.  We were sold this winning season narrative,  and they are a joke.  Pettersson looks like a borderline 3rd liner . He looks horrible,  and we are 9 games in . Miller has looked uninspired since the off season Benning pssd everyone off with the way he handled popular UFAs. Is a cluster f of circus screw ups . Like watching a monkey _ a football out there (.days of thunder lol). 

Edited by cuporbust

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He's assembled a good, deep team that should challenge for playoffs.  To me this is more on coaching however...  

I don't see how you can justify firing the coaches and letting Benning hire another coach.  So even though I would change coaching before the GM, I think that getting a new GM might be the more logical change to do first.  That way the GM can come in and observe the team and will have the coaching change as his ace up the sleeve. 

Either way this group has another 10 or so games to turn it around.  Our fans are underestimating just how good the Oilers are.  They're 6-1 now with the only loss being to Carolina. 

What happens if it is still the same show after 10 games or so; i like your optimistic view and what do you think will allow them to turn it around ?

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He's assembled a good, deep team that should challenge for playoffs.  To me this is more on coaching however...  

I don't see how you can justify firing the coaches and letting Benning hire another coach.  So even though I would change coaching before the GM, I think that getting a new GM might be the more logical change to do first.  That way the GM can come in and observe the team and will have the coaching change as his ace up the sleeve. 

Either way this group has another 10 or so games to turn it around.  Our fans are underestimating just how good the Oilers are.  They're 6-1 now with the only loss being to Carolina. 

I have to agree, when he told ownership I wanna be aggressive and make big changes he stood behind Green and got him the extension

This isn't just one fail

It starts at the top and goes down to our players

I expected us to be better than before

Odd why the new guys are playing better than the core

When they made all those changes, even EP didn't sound excited or make a positive comment

He just said i wanna be on a winner, I will sign my contract with the Canucks (no choice) but after that we will see

7 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

Remember when Gerard Gallant was available....sigh

What coaches are even available that haven't been blacklisted?  Bruce Boudreau would at least get us to the playoffs, we wont win in them but its would be more exciting hockey, no?

Good question, perhaps look for an internal solution - Shaw; then start doing a search externally.  If they want to find someone they will.

Try a change cause the on ice product is a reflection of everything that happens in the background.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He will lose a lot more than that if he thinks fans are gonna fork over hard earned dollars to watch this all season.

He’s gone too far in with spending to start “nickel and diming” now.

I think the issue is Benning now. He’s put all his confidence in Green now and it will probably mean he gets the axe because of it.

Hopefully the vocal outcry from the fan base makes him think twice about eating that salary and finding another coach. 

We can only hope he sees what we see. 

Benning is at fault as much for me. I’d rather see Green removed over Benning, if it was a choice of one or the other. I doubt it would ever be both at once. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I have to agree, when he told ownership I wanna be aggressive and make big changes he stood behind Green and got him the extension

This isn't just one fail

It starts at the top and goes down to our players

I expected us to be better than before

Odd why the new guys are playing better than the core

When they made all those changes, even EP didn't sound excited or make a positive comment

He just said i wanna be on a winner, I will sign my contract with the Canucks (no choice) but after that we will see

Yeah, I did notice his tone and it didn't inspire confidence that he is looking beyond his contract.   The energy (even in the stadium) is not a positive energy ?