The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Our pk sucks! That is all 5 on 5 was great we never had a power play until the last minute of 3rd period. So can't blame anyone cept for the players. They didn't try and create penalties.  Usually Garland does but under greens, they all look alike now.. before I can tell where Garland was...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

But they also had 2 posts on even better scoring chances.  If you count them we lose by more.

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Oilers generated a lot more better scoring chances though and McDavid could have easily scored 2-3 goals alone.

This could have been a lot worse if not for Demko who had to be great in order to keep up in it.

Sure but with some of the chances we had we should've had a goal 5 on 5.

McDavid could've scored more sure, but it's McDavid, your going to say that about him almost every game.

I'm concerned with the offense & the execution, but it also feels like they are snake bitten aswell.

26 minutes ago, Darius said:

Year 8 of this regime. 

this is a results business. They look terrible.

no more excuses, the guy at the top assembled the roster and hired the coach. 

Benning needs to be accountable.  Miss the playoffs again after going all in with multiple first rounder trades in the past couple years  and he needs to be let go.

He's assembled a good, deep team that should challenge for playoffs.  To me this is more on coaching however...  

I don't see how you can justify firing the coaches and letting Benning hire another coach.  So even though I would change coaching before the GM, I think that getting a new GM might be the more logical change to do first.  That way the GM can come in and observe the team and will have the coaching change as his ace up the sleeve. 

Either way this group has another 10 or so games to turn it around.  Our fans are underestimating just how good the Oilers are.  They're 6-1 now with the only loss being to Carolina. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Just in time when Petey's contract is over. 

Great.

Great Job Ok GIF

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Coaches have been fired after just signing an extension or contract. Torts is an example of that here.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Fans need to step up and voice their displeasure next game.  It worked for Gillis.

I’m down for shutting down the Georgia viaduct. 

Let’s do it!!!

image.gif.d8a283859d47c43a44fcbd9a27e95c9c.gif