The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 02, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes, and put DiGuseppe on the 4th line Chiasson in the press box. More grit. 

Goal scoring upside way bigger with Podz. Podz audition is over. 

I've always liked Di Giuseppe's game but Green likes Dowling more 'cause of versatility... Di Giuseppe was good enough as an extra forward Rangers/Preds/Canes!! Kinda sad for an NHLer to be stuck down there waiting for his chance again! 

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Shouldn’t he have put Garland up with the more talented players sooner? 

Should he have benched Podz in favour of plugs?

Should he have had Chaisson over Boeser on the PP? 

Who puts which players on the ice at any given time? 

You don’t want to credit Green for the win but acknowledge Green in the win? 

Stupidity indeed. 

I'm going by your statement regarding Green.  You didn't give him any credit, yet he's doing all these things, and they win.  

Should he put Garland up earlier?  No, you need to see how the lotto line is going first before changing things up.

Should he have benched Podz in favour of plugs?  He didn't bench Podz.  He scored the tieing goal in the third period.  If he was benched he wouldn't have played in the third.

Should he have Chaisson over Boeser on the PP?  Yes in that spot.  I believe he should have Boeser on the left boards for another threat of a one-timer in that spot instead of JT.  But isn't it King that runs the PP?

Who puts which players on the ice, it's Green for the forwards.  And I believe it's Baumer for the D.  So you won't give credit to green for having those players out on the ice for the win?  But only when they lose it's all his fault.

I don't credit Green in the wins/losses like you do.  How you believe that Green is the reason for all the losses and none of the reasons why the team wins is the thing that is stupid.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 3
  • Vintage 1

Great comeback! 1st home win!

The whole team woke up in the 3rd period.

Fans created great atmosphere, keep it up.

Demko is the hero, especially in the 3rd period.

JT, Garland and Podz saved Green's job.

It looks Hamonic and Shenn was quite solid.

To start a winning streak, 

PP was not acceptable and

PK need to be improved.

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

You should have heard the throng of boo's when we had a 2 man adv called against us. It was loud an it was long. 

Best boo's I've ever had. 

Yeah the crowd at the end there was the best I have ever heard in a long time. It's hard to hear them on the broadcast and they didn't make it hard.

Hopefully the players can build off that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

That Myers failed clear that lead to the Demko flurry of saves are plays that are killing us. Lucky that one didn’t cost us the game but very well could have.

Gotta make the simple plays simple again. Do that and then we can focus on the more complex stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Green should really be gone though. 

To continually send out PP1 when they haven't shown an ounce of competence was idiotic. Meanwhile PP2 led by Garland who is having an amazing game gets shortchanged and produced the better chances with 30 seconds of power play time every powerplay yet he keeps going back to PP1.  

The first few times. I was like ok, Green will figure it out. By the 5th, I was wondering if he is actually stupid. 

I said in the GDT that Garland, Podz, Hogz are going and low and behold, they come up huge. I'm a couch potatoe and even I can see they were going.  

Also both times we scored a goal, our guys were pumped, building was rocking and then he followed it up with 4th line and we got completely hemmed in our zone and zapped the momentum. 

I really want to punch him in the face lol. He is utterly clueless. 

Canucks turned it on for 10 minutes and completely outclassed the rags. 

This shows how much of a superior team we are and how much better we are than what we have shown. 

Green needs to go

Not making excuses for TG but don't the pp coach and pk coach deserve blame?

Vancouver has been the better team 5on5 most nights and the team is top 10 in GA while having the 29th ranked pk. They are top 3 in 5on5 GA  while being 31st last season in GA and 5on5 GA.

All top 4 D are plus players with Quinn being plus 5 compared to minus 14 at this point last season.

100% the pp needs to be better but it's not like they haven't tried a bunch of different combos but the reality is the guys who should be producing aren't. 

The pk has sucked and is what has cost us games but we are literally missing our 3 best guys, 4 before Hamonic returned.

Personally I would be more worried if we were sh*t 5on5 and our top 4 was a train wreck like the last couple of years.

All the TG haters who comes in that will suddenly make the team better on special teams? 

My biggest gripe is that TG hasn't tried Podz on special teams yet but keeps Chiasson on the top unit.

I'm really curious if the negative people here watch a lot of other teams play, there are a lot of teams that are picked to be better then us that are not only struggling but are playing far worse. Even some of the teams that are winning are playing really unsustainable hockey and are being carried by their special teams and everyone knows how that plays out in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

I've always liked Di Giuseppe's game but Green likes Dowling more 'cause of versatility... Di Giuseppe was good enough as an extra forward Rangers/Preds/Canes!! Kinda sad for an NHLer to be stuck down there waiting for his chance again! 

What I think Green misses, is the right chemistry to win. With top  skilled smaller forwards, he thinks we should add more small skilled forwards. When what we need is bigger stronger forwards (and defensemen). The right mix takes checking and board battles for those that are good at it. The league has so many big skilled forwards now that are difficult to match up against, we some size for defensive reasons. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1

This win still hides the fact that the Canucks are disorganized, can’t enter the zone cleanly, and have ineffective and very predictable powerplay. Still not giving pass on the coaching staff. However, I appreciate that the effort level is much higher tonight. They need to get pucks on net more and quicker on the powerplay. Something that Petey used to do but other teams are adjusting to him. If Miller takes more shots on left side maybe it can give Petey more time on right, stretching out the D a bit more. Too much peripheral passing in my opinion.