The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 07, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did he?  Sure didn’t notice him.  

It was weird with Heiskanen. I looked for him in warmup, couldn't find him. I didn't notice him once tonight. Then, later I'm checking the box score and he has two points, weird. Edit, one point. 

Edited by rekker
  • Haha 1

I am wondering why Green does not put both Hoglander and Garland with Bo.  Right now he is switching off Hoglander with Garland... keeping Pearson.  I think he should demote Pearson to the third line.

These two guys are currently the most dynamic players on the team... I think they would work together... Bo could be the shooter for their playmaking.

Yeah, that would mean the third line is less stoked, but Pearson would be fine back there with Podkolzin.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

It was weird with Heiskanen. I looked for him in warmup, couldn't find him. I didn't notice him once tonight. Then, later I'm checking the box score and he has two points, weird. Edit, one point. 

Heiskanen played, but he did not have a great game... got penalized for a stupid high sticking penalty and got dangled by Hoglander and Garland a couple times.

• Cheers 1

Good game but that was a real loose one, our defence was dreadful giving up 2 on 1s and breakaways far too often, then only killing 1 of 3 PKs. Demko is getting hung out to dry, behind a decent defensive structure like Suter in Calgary he'd probably have 4 shutouts now too...

Great job by our stars to finally come through all together. The biggest change was simply well positioned shots with a screen, Petey's goal even had 2 screens. Let's not forget though, I think we got lucky tonight against a goalie not on his game. 

This seems like a good win but we were a mess defensively and on the PK. Regardless, it's a game our offence needed to boost some slumps.

• Cheers 3

Well, it wasn't pretty but it was definitely a much needed point night for the big guns.

Hoglander, Garland and Demko are carrying this team right now. Demko provides so much stability and energy with his big saves and it seems like the only time anything is happening offensively for us 5-on-5 is if one of these two forwards are buzzing around.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

i thought it was Demko not letting them down again

Canucks scored, but if not for Demko, Stars would have scored more as well

Hogs looks to be the shiftiest, best stickhandler on the team now, along with Garland

Höglander is a steal. Benning did good there. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

If we somehow fix our PK we should be pretty good moving forward. We’ve been the better team 5 on 5 for the most part. I know this is a good team. The best team we’ve had in a decade. We just need to execute 

Also, all those teams that are on huge win streaks will cool off. It always happens. 

• Vintage 2