The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

14 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

I wouldn't say Corey Hirsch falls into that category. He sounded extremely passionate about how as an alum this current incarnation of the Canucks is very disturbing. He's a fan and loves this team as much as we do.

I'd say Peter Forsberg is a big fan of Hirsch.:P

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, rekker said:

I could see Bo walking away from this $&!# show if nothing changes. I wouldn't blame him.

We just have to be weary of the possibility if nothing changes. That way if we do need to do a soft rebuild we can move them out and get a good return. It would suck but losing them for nothing would suck on a whole other level.

IMO this is would be the final straw/last option though. Like I said a new coach definitely needs to be tried before we even consider this. Maybe closer to trade deadline we decide what direction we want to take this team which will be based off of what they're capable of till then.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We need this kind of voice in the locker room.

He was a helluva player and he's proving to be quite the coach. If only. 

We were a team like Carolina once upon a time, without the snappy social media piece. I don't like them, but I respect how they play.

40 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we aren’t able to turn this ship around we have to consider the possibility of Horvat and Miller walking in FA in 2023(after next season). Both guys are in their prime and it will be their 1st go at FA and last go at a big contract. To lose them for nothing would set us back years. 

IMO we have to see how this core does with a new coach ASAP. 

Yup, the longer this goes on the more it'll impact future negotiations. Players don't like losing, and many won't choose to stick with losing teams. Bo's only real taste of winning throughout his Canuck tenure came within the bubble, and that's looking more and more like an anomaly. 

Coach needs to go and we need to see what this team can do with fresh voices on the coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

You need booze.  

Not even twenty games in and we're probably almost all at that point. Goddamn.

• Cheers 1