The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Was Juolevi injured this season? His mortal sin was having a poor bag skate, which I guess seals one's fate in Green's world.

well, he hasn't played this year, was placed on ir on ~october 20th and was assigned to charlotte for a conditioning stint 3 days ago. 

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I wish a whiteboard was all it took to address it.... if that's all it takes, questions why it wasn't done earlier...

Green was initially using a blackboard but the players couldn't read the writing on the board, so he has now switched to a whiteboard.  Hopefully it helps...

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, tas said:

well, he hasn't played this year, was placed on ir on ~october 20th and was assigned to charlotte for a conditioning stint 3 days ago. 

Was traded on the 10th with no known injuries. Must have tripped on the plane ride down to Florida.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm not so sure that complete silence is the answer either. Maybe drawing questions from a hat for the forseeable future?

How about 2 or 3 retired players who simply talk about the game and possible ways that the team can work their way out of this? Maybe some real life examples of their experiences while they played. The constant pressure that these players are under can't be good for their mental health. Surely the coaches and team mates put enough pressure on them already. Sitting in front of a media goof and answering the same question for the 6th time means nothing to anyone. If a player totally loses it does the 'goof' get a Nobel Prize for Literature???? 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Green was initially using a blackboard but the players couldn't read the writing on the board, so he has now switched to a whiteboard.  Hopefully it helps...

Fun fact... I actually wrote blackboard first and changed it to Whiteboard.... must be written in the stars... :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

How about 2 or 3 retired players who simply talk about the game and possible ways that the team can work their way out of this? Maybe some real life examples of their experiences while they played. The constant pressure that these players are under can't be good for their mental health. Surely the coaches and team mates put enough pressure on them already. Sitting in front of a media goof and answering the same question for the 6th time means nothing to anyone. If a player totally loses it does the 'goof' get a Nobel Prize for Literature???? 

I think this is viewed as the tried and true method of communication. Is it foolproof? Clearly not. That being said, players and coaches are showing up and doing the interviews, so I would think it's been determined not to have enough of a negative impact that it's affecting the outcome of games. 

If media ask the same question twice, the interviewee should state that they only answer the question the first time it's asked. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Players like Dowling and Chiasson have received some heat, but I feel Lammikko has sort of slid through and hasn't received as much attention. 16 games in, he's still looking for his first point while being the forward with the worst plus/minus (-6). I would say Juolevi would be more beneficial to have on the team at the moment than Lammikko since we're missing a left-shot defenceman on that third pairing.

Juolevi hasn't played a regular season game yet, so he probably wouldn't have helped up to this point...

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, khay said:

Lammikko is not an NHL level player. There's no other way to describe him.

I've seen him live and on TV and every single time he's out there, the line gets dominated.

Even when we were doing well 5-on-5 before the road trip during the home stand, Lammikko's line gets dominated. He brings nothing offensively and brings nothing defensively. He doesn't check hard enough for a 4th line center who should be expected to shoulder some tough minutes.

We traded Juolevi for him. This is an absolute joke and more reason why I hate Green's amateurish thought process. 

I have zero ill feel towards Dowling and Chiasson. It's not Dowling or Chiasson's fault that Green hands them ice time. Honestly Dowling is what he is. He carries out his role to the best of his abilities. Same for Chiasson. 

Lammikko on the other hand was acquired because Green basically booted him out of the team. 

The only reason Lammikko is playing is because JB and TG need to save their faces. They traded Juolevi, who is obviously still recovering from COVID symptoms for 2 AHLers.

This is pathetic.

Green f*cked up so many roster decisions since training camp, he put himself in this situation.

Everyone could see from miles away that PK would be a problem.

If Juolevi was not an option at 3LD, then that should have been addressed before the regular season.

If Dowling and Chiasson are your best options on the 4th line, that was a chance to go get some size and physicality.

What did we get? Lammikko. lol

While I get what your saying, I'm done with OJ. Just a bad draft pick. He is fragile, plays fragile. Doubt he's in North America much longer to be honest. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Benning already knew he was injured.  Pulled a fast one on Florida really.  Juolevi is the new Salo, only worse...

Salo was tough as nails despite the injuries.  He always came back and contributed straight away, and was never slowed down other than the game he played with a ruptured testicle.  He had bad luck, but he was far from fragile.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Players like Dowling and Chiasson have received some heat, but I feel Lammikko has sort of slid through and hasn't received as much attention. 16 games in, he's still looking for his first point while being the forward with the worst plus/minus (-6). I would say Juolevi would be more beneficial to have on the team at the moment than Lammikko since we're missing a left-shot defenceman on that third pairing.

Loui Player Name has more points than  Lammikko.

Edited by gizmo2337

20 minutes ago, spook007 said:

And then its moot.....

For now;  let's see how he will progress with the Panthers; and; unlike Hunt a 33yr old plug - he is still young.  Anyways, he is gone and hoping, if Julseen will progress pass his very own injury problems.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

While I agree overall on Lammikko it’s worth mentioning Juolevi is injured again and wouldn’t be giving us any benefit if he was on the team.

16 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

For now;  let's see how he will progress with the Panthers; and; unlike Hunt a 33yr old plug - he is still young.  Anyways, he is gone and hoping, if Julseen will progress pass his very own injury problems.

Exactly... they may both be AHL'ers just now, but at least the you ger ones have a chance of improving.

• Vintage 1