The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans attending Wednesday - please be civil

Rate this topic

dougieL

3 minutes ago, ForestFalcon said:

If people want to go and make things ugly on Wednesday they can do it. But I remember all the times things have gotten ugly for Ontario and Alberta teams and the way their fans acted. I feel like there were a number of Canuck fans who watched that and had this attitude that we're 'superior', 'we'd never act like that', 'they're poor losers'. If people go to the game and trash this team, boo players, throw jerseys on the ice, then I guess we're really no better than them, probably worse.

Those Ontario/Alberta fans were absolutely right to boo the horrific product they were given year after year.

I think it's more embarrassing for a fanbase to show absolutely no pulse when they've been &^@#ed around by their organizations.

Edited by Josepho
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Not surprising in western society - signs of the times.

I guess.. wish someone would give a damn about my feelings at my job that has it's own pressures and sometimes makes me miserable, but pays 1/100th of what the average Canucks player is making to play hockey..

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If the team $&!#s the bed and they've paid money to be there they can chant whatever they want. Do I agree with "fire x" chants? Yes and no. 

And realistically, most people attending games won't see this anyway. 

Agree u pay those high prices to attend a game, u can say what ya want, if i was there id be saying fire green ..shrug

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'll be there, cheering my team on as usual.

Even if we're losing and it's in shambles, I can't do it any other way.

There’s a sucker born every minute!

Just kidding Deb ;)

i agree about hating booing the team on the ice if they are struggling.  Never understood how that would actually help them.  

but I do think this is a different thing than that. Directed at management.

7 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'll be there, cheering my team on as usual.

Even if we're losing and it's in shambles, I can't do it any other way.

i Love the conviction and dedication 

regardless of if we agree. 

sometimes some tough love is needed in order to rectify a situation. This is one of those times. 
i want Vancouver to Win I want them to win every game I want them to win at everything 

I want them to win the super bowl 

that’s why I can’t stand JB and what he’s done he’s a proven loser and it’s time for some tough love to save the team I love. 

have fun at the game and stay safe!!! 

21 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

At this point I don't even know if you're saying this in jest or being serious... considering the feelings of million dollar athletes who only have jobs because of said fans? Yeah you must be joking.. 

I completely understand where you are coming from. You are certainly entitled to your viewpoint and you might even be right. But I can tell you from personal experience that job title and money don't form an all-effective shield against the mean or hurtful actions directed at you. Some of our players are really still just kids.

3 hours ago, dougieL said:

Fans have every right to be upset, but I hope that they can remain civil and classy no matter what the outcome of Wednesday's game. I'd hate to hear "Fire ----" chants or see jerseys thrown on the ice. The coaches and players are already struggling in a very public way and don't need another thing to stress them out. And Wednesday will be a national game - the country will be watching.

Think about how the players will feel - yes, they make a lot of money, but they're also under immense pressure everyday and are playing their hearts out. I'm no fan of Green as a coach, but he comes across as a genuinely nice person. And remember how Jim Benning mentioned that the "Fire Benning" banner affected his family more than it did him.

Please, no matter what happens, remember that the GM, coach, and players are human beings who are trying their best. Let's show that we are a classy hockey market who will support our team in tough times.

Your kidding me right? &^@#ing bleeding hearts… Management, coaches and players are millionaires and can handle themselves. The fans have every right to say what they want and show their displeasure. The lowest paid players on the Canucks are the hardest working and it’s not directed at them.

This goes back years… Management and ownership has slapped Canucks fans in the face over and over. Bringing Keenan and Messier in… trading away Linden, hiring Linden then parting ways with him when he wanted to rebuild when he wanted to. Treating Bure like crap… Not resigning Naslund.  Trading away futures for players they let walk at the end of the season Toffoli. Letting awesome players like Tanev, Marky and other walk… 

Management has made a disgrace of this team over and over and over and does not have a pulse on this fan base. They deserve everything that is coming their way. 

And now today Green saying that all this pressure is “white noise”… Im really not happy about that Greener. Our voices are not “white noise”

Green if your reeding this… My opinion that you are not working out and need to be fired, Benning… (Boston’s leftovers after beating us in 2011) … your not working for this team for almost a decade now and need to be fired. 

Pettersson your making $7 Million a year and (I will never see that kind of money in my life) you need to ride the pine till you actually start giving a &^@#.

Aquallini time to sell because you are the cheapest, disinterested owner and have not been working for this team for decades. 

“no one is more upset than the players in the room” is bull $&!#. The Canuck’s fans who have to think twice about buying a Jersey, a ticket to a game, a hat, are the ones who pay for your way of life. It’s been 52 years of “almost” and not good enough, to absolutely terrible. 

Now is time for change and now is time for fans to make a stand! 

The last time a got a name on a Jersey was my Bure jersey in 93. 

I haven’t got a name on the half dozen jersey I have bought since then… that is saying alot.

13 minutes ago, dougieL said:

I completely understand where you are coming from. You are certainly entitled to your viewpoint and you might even be right. But I can tell you from personal experience that job title and money don't form an all-effective shield against the mean or hurtful actions directed at you. Some of our players are really still just kids.

Kids? I mean, our youngest players are 20.. but if what you were saying is that we should all consider the feelings of 20/21 year old's, since they are still maturing, etc., I'd agree with you. But that's just not how the world is.. and while it would be nice to change that, I find it funny to be directing those efforts at change towards some of the most privileged "kids" on the planet.

2 minutes ago, dougieL said:

It's not good to advocate for anyone to lose their jobs, but think it's fair to critique the GM, coach, and players' performance/results.

If your job is to entertain people, and people are paying ticket to see it, but you're not putting on a good show, consumers have the right to voice their displease.

People get criticisms and their feelings hurt at work all the time,so that is just something that comes with the jobs they have to learn to deal with.

But I agree that fans should not target the GM, coach, players or even their families personally.

That is not necessary.

1 minute ago, Firstname Lastname said:

It's not good to advocate for anyone to lose their jobs, but think it's fair to critique the GM, coach, and players' performance/results.

If your job is to entertain people, and people are paying ticket to see it, but you're not putting on a good show, consumers have the right to voice their displease.

People get criticisms and their feelings hurt at work all the time,so that is just something that comes with the jobs they have to learn to deal with.

But I agree that fans should not target the GM, coach, players or even their families personally.

That is not necessary.

It's good to advocate for someone who is unfit for their job to be fired.  Yes, they may suffer some hardship, but someone who actually deserves the opportunity will benefit.  It's not like the position won't be filled.  Green and his clown college crew can go coach at the BCHL level where they might be able to succeed.