The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Jets | Nov 19 7pm SNP thank u so much benning <3 just another 6 more years were almost there ;D

Rate this topic

Odd.

29 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

I've never hoped the Canucks lose before.

I am torn. I want them to turn things around but I want green gone even more than that at this point.

So I guess I hope the Jets destroy us to force Aqua's hand in this. We need a coach with actual systems that work in the NHL.

This is a legitimate struggle. Of COURSE we as fans want them to win every night, but realistically even if we turn it around now what does that mean? We play hard enough to finish outside the playoffs and out of a decent lotto pick? I don’t think our current team makeup and with this coaching staff do we have it in us to go on any miracle run.

That’s the problem with this organization. We aim to make the playoffs each year instead of aiming to build a champion. So when we fail, we fail hard.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Odd. said:

right now im 10 shots deep of tequila with a 6 pack of ronas and a couple of left over Stellas from yesterday just waiting to be chugged on a thursday night, my girlfriend hates me because id rather get wasted alone and watch the canucks play then to sleep with her at her place, i texted my ex right before because i was in argumentative mood,  im this close to running naked to Rogers Arena (10 minute walk) with a Thank You Jim Benning and Aquilini painted on my stomach, ive had thoughts about making out with the statue outside the arena as well, my neighbours think someones being murdered in my apartment because i find myself screaming at 2 am at the fact that we sent Gadjovich on waivers, its been almost 2 months and im still not over it, severely dehydrated and on the cusp of passing out, and i think im going to end my night at Nino and probably lose a couple of hundreds on blackjack and roulette.

this is my life as a Canucks fan. My girlfriend hates me, i just reignited my ex's hatred towards me, my neighbours hate me, im an alcoholic, i am overly obsessed with this team for no reason, my friends think im a loser because i dont go out anymore, im a gambling addict, i hate everyone, i hate myself, BC is flooding, my brain is flooded, i have 200 dollars worth of parking tickets to pay the city of vancouver (MORE BIKE LANES HOORAY................ sike)

SAY PRUNES!!!!!!!

Still more focus in this post than the Canucks executive/leadership group. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Tonight is the turning point. I feel strangely optimistic.

We break this slump.

Our stars come to play.

Everyone is skating.

Demmer stands tall.

PK goes 100% tonight.

It starts a new page for this team going forwards.

We're in the hunt for the playoffs come the TDL.

Lets gooooooooooo! 

ice hockey hug GIF by NHL

oh you were serious?...

28 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Tonight is the turning point. I feel strangely optimistic.

We break this slump.

Our stars come to play.

Everyone is skating.

Demmer stands tall.

PK goes 100% tonight.

It starts a new page for this team going forwards.

We're in the hunt for the playoffs come the TDL.

Lets gooooooooooo! 

ice hockey hug GIF by NHL

Jimmy Fallon Thumbs Up GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

2 hours ago, tas said:

just came back from getting groceries at sobeys (in calgary, where I live), where the sweet, little 65-70 year old checkout lady who has been working the till for the 3 years I've been shopping there spotted me in the self checkout wearing my canucks hat. she abandons the customer she's helping and walks over: 

"our canucks are just awful! we need to trade hughes and pettersson. they're just useless! all pettersson's good for is falling down."

She’s playing you. Trolls become wiser with age. She’s probably head of the Lames booster club. Prepare for your heart to be broken.

I'm completely uninterested in this team anymore. Yet I keep coming back to these boards. I think it's the hockey version of stalking your ex.

The owners and management don't care. So why should I? I've been a fan off and on since '82 and have seen more mediocre years then good. I guess I'm still here because train wrecks are fascinating AF. I keep hoping they'll win. But I get some sort of bitter pleasure when they lose. It's like ripping of a scab. It's gonna hurt. there's gonna be blood. But it's oddly satisfying.

Win or lose, I won't be cheering anymore until changes are made. This product is defective and unfortunately for us fans the owners won't honour the warranty. 

• Like 1