The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

22 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Those 3 players you mentioned got signed by GM's who are now what...UNemployed, just waiting for our GM to join them!!! 

and to my knowledge, those three GM's aren't active in the league are they? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Wow.

And we all know how the Canucks LOVE Messier.

how is Miller the Messier? 

&^@#. If that's the case, then ship him out. 

&^@# MESSIER FOR ALL &^@#ING ETERNITY.

Edited by N4ZZY

On 11/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, SilentSam said:

People expected it..  it was an expectation to have him Captain,  the media hyped it..

He is a part of a leadership group mentality installed by this Team when the Sedins played.

Horvat is not our best player, and their are others who play better, and lead better, far more vocal.

it’s too much for Horvat..  everything was expected of him..  and it was thrown to him.

I don’t think it’s an expectation he wanted.

The best player on a team is not necessarily the team captain.

When Bo was chosen as captain of the Canucks, this was the roster.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392020.html

It was an obvious choice.

1 hour ago, Screw said:

https://twitter.com/brookwardsports/status/1463912335794315265?s=20

From what I'm hearing It sounds like Miller is the Messier in the Canucks room while Horvat is the Linden.

I'm no fan of sat shah, but he was pretty emphatic during the 650 pregame yesterday that miller was absolutely not a problem in the room and has actually been one of the few guys trying to lead the team and buy in and do the right things. 

and frankly, at this point, i'd take miller over bo anyway. trade horvat closer to home ... say, buffalo?

15 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm no fan of sat shah, but he was pretty emphatic during the 650 pregame yesterday that miller was absolutely not a problem in the room and has actually been one of the few guys trying to lead the team and buy in and do the right things. 

and frankly, at this point, i'd take miller over bo anyway. trade horvat closer to home ... say, buffalo?

Send Bo to hockey purgatory. LOL 

it's confusing talking about what's going on these days with the team. 

It's absolutely negative talk every day, all day on the radio waves. Then again, the team hasn't given the media much positivity to talk about. It's been a $&!# show in Vancouver with regards to the Canucks. Absolute $&!# show. I'm not the least bit surprised that GM's in other organizations and teams are surrounding the Canucks like vultures attempting to pluck one of their key "core" players for cheap. They're hoping that Benning cracks under the immense pressure right now, and makes a piss poor deal. 

56 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The best player on a team is not necessarily the team captain.

When Bo was chosen as captain of the Canucks, this was the roster.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392020.html

It was an obvious choice.

What does this tell you?..

Miller would tell you “we’re not”..

Edited by SilentSam

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

What does this tell you?..

Miller would tell you “we’re not”..

Miller was in his 1st year with the Canucks, so he wouldn't be selected as Captain.  Besides, although he is a fantastic player with a ton of passion for the game of hockey, I'm not sure that he would want to do the endless interviews and various off ice duties required of a team captain.  He's more suited as an A.

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Send Bo to hockey purgatory. LOL 

it's confusing talking about what's going on these days with the team. 

It's absolutely negative talk every day, all day on the radio waves. Then again, the team hasn't given the media much positivity to talk about. It's been a $&!# show in Vancouver with regards to the Canucks. Absolute $&!# show. I'm not the least bit surprised that GM's in other organizations and teams are surrounding the Canucks like vultures attempting to pluck one of their key "core" players for cheap. They're hoping that Benning cracks under the immense pressure right now, and makes a piss poor deal. 

On the Canucks’ best days as a franchise during the 2010’s, negative talk was going on anyways on radio. 

Because that’s how Vancouver is.

Very frustrating. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Miller was in his 1st year with the Canucks, so he wouldn't be selected as Captain.  Besides, although he is a fantastic player with a ton of passion for the game of hockey, I'm not sure that he would want to do the endless interviews and various off ice duties required of a team captain.  He's more suited as an A.

Well it certainly seems Horvat is NOT up for the task you describe.

Miller isn’t going to push himself into Horvats way .  .   but I’m sure our type of Leadership Group is not working,.  And that probably frustrates the hell out of a players like Miller, Garland and OEL.

… and I’d have to disagree,. Miller oozes the C.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

What if instead of Miller or Boeser, it's Horvat for Fiala, Boldy and a pick. Bo is the Center Minni needs ... after reading about the possible 'team relation' problems. I think it's him that's lost the room.

haven't posted in 4 years so don't jump me for not tagging

14 minutes ago, 1994_fan said:

What if instead of Miller or Boeser, it's Horvat for Fiala, Boldy and a pick. Bo is the Center Minni needs ... after reading about the possible 'team relation' problems. I think it's him that's lost the room.

That’s the way I feel about this entire thread.

How can we give up a Smyl 3.0 in Miller.?

JT resurrected this club when he arrived,. The trouble is no one else but Garland OEL Dickenson can keep up with his tenacity..

He is great mentor for EP and Podz, and many more.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 1994_fan said:

Can’t see the Wild willing to part with Boldy.  The Wild are top of the division but are actually in a rebuild so expecting high end futures just doesn’t feel likely.   Guerin has spoken at length about how they are going to do their rebuild properly.  Draft and develop and be patient before bringing prospects up.   They are winning games because of character/culture but they have holes and a lack of high end talent to really contend.  Those high end prospects/picks are too important to build that perennial elite contending team (Guerin’s mandate).  They also have circa 15M in buyout cap hits starting next season for 3 years. 

Vancouver is the team reeling and looking for a change.  Guerin has shown that he is extremely patient and will even back out of deals if he doesn’t get what he wants.  Dumba never ended being traded as he didn’t get the Top-6 C he was looking for.  He waited for Rutherford to include Addison in the deal.  The Wild don’t have pressure to make a deal and can always target futures in the off-season instead.