The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

19 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I don't know if I would, personally. I'd do Kakko and Schneider for Miller though, no picks needed.

100% agree - go for quality, not quantity. If it isn't there then hold him for the draft. Always the chance that there is a top 10 team hoping to make a jump next season.

Could just be smoke but Schneider may have entered untouchable territory. Best option is likely to hold Miller until the summer (or sign to a reasonable deal) unless quality is added to the offers.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/new-york-rangers-price-to-trade-for-canucks-j-t-miller-went-up/

3 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

100% agree - go for quality, not quantity. If it isn't there then hold him for the draft. Always the chance that there is a top 10 team hoping to make a jump next season.

Could just be smoke but Schneider may have entered untouchable territory. Best option is likely to hold Miller until the summer (or sign to a reasonable deal) unless quality is added to the offers.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/new-york-rangers-price-to-trade-for-canucks-j-t-miller-went-up/

From the article it sounds like….

Miller for Kratsov, Lundkvist, Chytil + 1st.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Those 2 execs think that the deal is pretty fair and that's with Miller at 50% retained.  

I get that, but what I'm saying is if that's what the execs feel Miller is worth, then it's probably worth it to just wait until next year.  The standard package for high end rentals is an NHL regular, a good prospect, and a 1st.  Not sure why we would accept that equivalent for a non-rental star like Miller.  We just wait until Miller IS a rental then and take a similar package then.

44 minutes ago, mll said:

Seravalli thinks that the Canucks are really conflicted about Miller.  Could depend on what he wants and if he really wants to be in Vancouver.

Miller is the Rangers number 1 target:lol:

What are they offering for their number 2 target... Future considerations.

Rangers have no leverage in this deal and haven't even come to the table yet. As the Rangers offer currently sits, it would be like the Canucks having offered the Avs Jett Woo, Kole Lind, 2nd round pick and Goldobin for Landeskog 2 years ago before he resigned with COL this past year. It looks like a lot but ends up being a whole lot of nothing. Canucks need top assets. 

Interesting on Boeser front... He is our second highest scoring forward outside of Miller. I feel like with the season Boeser is having and his unknown future regarding contract would make it extremely hard to maximize value. Whereas, getting top value for Miller shouldn't be overly difficult. 

Boeser is good for 25 goals every year. He would have gotten there this year and still might, if it wasn't for the teams start. I think the better play would be to try and resign him to a reasonable contract below his QO. By all accounts he wants to stay so a 5 or 6 year deal in the 6-6.5 range should be achievable. Boeser is worth that money all day. I still think he'll bounce back and be a solid 50-60PT winger. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

From the article it sounds like….

Miller for Kratsov, Lundkvist, Chytil + 1st.

Two small iffy prospects, a 3rd/4th line C and a 1st is a questionable offer. 

I'm with others on a Miller deal: get quality over quantity. We need sure things for our future, not hopefuls.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I get that, but what I'm saying is if that's what the execs feel Miller is worth, then it's probably worth it to just wait until next year.  The standard package for high end rentals is an NHL regular, a good prospect, and a 1st.  Not sure why we would accept that equivalent for a non-rental star like Miller.  We just wait until Miller IS a rental then and take a similar package then.

Totally agree

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I think this is the most likely situation with NYR and while I would love for the Canucks to acquire Schneider, Lundvist, Kravtsov and a 1st is not a bad deal.  I would maybe like one more piece to be included, like Morgan Barron (projects as a bottom 6 C), but I think it would be extremely difficult to add another significant piece.

Having Lundkvist, Quinn and Rathbone makes for a small defence.  If Schneider can't

be had, then I would rather improve the FWs coming back.  Kravstov is doing a

'Tryamkin' right now, so he's not reliable.  There's no way that the Rangers are

letting go of Laffy, but maybe Nucks can snag Kaako(RW); if not Othmann(LW)

or Cuylle(LW).

I notice that the Ranger fans are very high on Cuylle and for good reason.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/21/rangers-have-will-cuylle-dilemma-because-of-arbitrary-rule/#:~:text=That includes Will Cuylle%2C the 19-year-old winger who,from the Kings in exchange for Lias Andersson. 

Othmann is also highly rated; even amongst Nuck fans.  Either one of these players would be great in a trade.

Kaako is already in the NHL, but still struggling to show his greatness.  Nothing to

the degree of Puljujarvi, who had nowhere the points of Kaako in the SM-liga

(and PJ had superior line mates).

Othmann or Cuylle + Kaako + Chytil  to Van

Miller + Hogs to NY

Podz   Pete  Brock

Pears  Bo   Kaako

Cuylle   Chytil   Garland

High   Lammy  Motte

Dicky

Still need to fix the RD situation

Edited by higgyfan

16 minutes ago, mll said:

Those 2 execs think that the deal is pretty fair and that's with Miller at 50% retained.  

Well those execs are out to lunch then. or was this article written prior to the Toffoli trade? If the latter is true, then maybe these execs need to rethink what they view as a fair deal. Also, trades need to be balanced, not fair and this proposed trade is not balanced.

27 minutes ago, mll said:

Pronman for The Athletic asked some executives to evaluate trade proposals from fans.  

Were those executives from the Rangers?

Why would we want more small defencemen since we already have Hughes and Rathbone?  That doesn't even make sense to suggest.

With the retention taken into account, this is less of a return than Toffoli got.

26 minutes ago, mll said:

Pronman for The Athletic asked some executives to evaluate trade proposals from fans.  

:lol::lol: 

That offer might legit be worse that what CAL just paid for Toffoli ....

Teams should really find out who those execs are because I would be firing them right away!!!!

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

The best part I read on those NYR forums is that it sounds like Giroux wants to go West (Avs, Minny, or St Louis).  Now we just hope Pavelski is moved soon, and NYR will have nothing to work with other than to try and pry Miller from us.  The price would skyrocket then.

If Dallas thinks they can make it, even without Klingberg, there's a chance Pavs may not move at all

But I think it's more likely they stumble and cut bait

5 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Teams should really find out who those execs are because I would be firing them right away!!!!

Lundqvist is a pretty solid prospect and if Kravstov commits to NA he's a grade A prospect and obviously another first is nice........however if you're not getting Laffy, Kakko or Schneider there's no way you retain salary and they'd probably like another pick in there as well.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If Dallas thinks they can make it, even without Klingberg, there's a chance Pavs may not move at all

But I think it's more likely they stumble and cut bait

When you look at the trade board, hearing Giroux wants to go West, JT Miller is the clear cut big fish on the market...

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-trade-deadline-trade-bait-1.1758411

If teams REALLY want to make a big splash, the return on Miller should be huge.  Kravtsov, Lundkvist, 1st is a starting point, not the end point.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Two small iffy prospects, a 3rd/4th line C and a 1st is a questionable offer. 

I'm with others on a Miller deal: get quality over quantity. We need sure things for our future, not hopefuls.

Yeah. That Rangers offer isn’t very good, not for the top prize in the market right now in Miller. 

Rangers fans are delusional.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

When you look at the trade board, hearing Giroux wants to go West, JT Miller is the clear cut big fish on the market...

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-trade-deadline-trade-bait-1.1758411

If teams REALLY want to make a big splash, the return on Miller should be huge.  Kravtsov, Lundkvist, 1st is a starting point, not the end point.

No doubt, Giroux wanting to go West is huge.

Yup, anyone who wants him will have to pony up pieces they'd like to keep. Full stop. Kratsov is intriguing, and maybe having Podz helps, but he's a flight risk and that impacts his value negatively for me. Rangers have to pay top pieces, not their second tier top prospects.

I hope another team comes up with an offer that blows the NYR offer away

Must have K'Andre Miller or Braden Schneider - don't need Lundkvist, already have Rathbone

They don't even want Kravtsov, anytime soon anyway. They already have Kakko and Lafreniere.  So, we'll take Kravtsov off their hands too.

The 1st will be more like a high 2nd, so whip-de-do

We'll also take Chytil

Too bad NYR, if you want a Cup, you're gonna pay

10 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Are these real executives? Because if they are, kinda reveals that maybe GM’s are dumber than we think….