The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Okay, this might be the year of patience. We all know the issues and what needs to be done, but trying to fast-track a fix can lead to more problems. They want to take their time, do it right. I can appreciate that. 

Benning got us into this situation with 'quick fixes' not sure thats the way out.

Maybe all thats reasonable this TDL is some small depth moves. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'll be totally honest, this really worries me. I understand not making a trade simply for the sake of making a trade, but considering the state of limbo our franchise seems to be stuck stuck in, being afraid to make bold moves for fear of doing the wrong thing could be a death sentence. 

Seriously…

What state of limbo? Are the Canucks going to go bankrupt? Close the franchise?

Who is afraid of making bold moves? 

What death sentence?

What the hell are you talking about?

You just put words together. Good on you.

4 minutes ago, Doxm said:

I have a STROOOONG feeling he isn't going anywhere and will walk at the end of the year. Management doesn't want to pull the trigger and for that they will pay the price.

Aw you’re trade hungry.

That’s cute.

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'll be totally honest, this really worries me. I understand not making a trade simply for the sake of making a trade, but considering the state of limbo our franchise seems to be stuck stuck in, being afraid to make bold moves for fear of doing the wrong thing could be a death sentence. 

I don’t think we are 1-2 cap related moves and a few UFA signings away from being a contender so a few quick moves to make fans happy probably isn’t the way to move forward right now how ever exciting that sounds like. Moves will be made and to the management group it probably doesn’t matter if they are made now or in september or somewhere in between when the right deal comes together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I don't sense that.  I sense that they don't want to make the 'wrong' deal and that's quite different. 

That seems to be the case - however I don't believe they'll get anything better than what they've already been offered. 

1 minute ago, Doxm said:

I have a STROOOONG feeling he isn't going anywhere and will walk at the end of the year. Management doesn't want to pull the trigger and for that they will pay the price.

I smell a STROOOONG scent coming from your STROOONG feeling.  Smelling Black Men GIF by BDHCollective

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Your logic never ceases to baffle me - but you're most welcome. 

@Me_ "Our overpaid blueline underperforms, we give our goalie nowhere near enough goal support, our bottom 6 needs re-tooling and our team needs holes filled, we have no cap room to improve but our overworked goalie bails us out so playoffs here we come!!" 

Surprise Reaction GIF

I guess we don't need to worry about he other 95% of our roster when we have a good goalie, right? 

Yeesh man. 

Dance Dancing GIF

Just enjoy the ride dude! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I don't sense that.  I sense that they don't want to make the 'wrong' deal and that's quite different. 

its also a signal to the league to put the vultures away, there's no panic selling happening here. 

we may be able to grab someone from other teams tho. I wonder what it would take to get Connor Murphy from CHI e.g. 

26 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Did I say we have a perfect team?

Neither are the 31 other teams that didn’t win a Cup. 

The Canucks have serious problems. 

But they make the playoffs and gain mass experience. 

Rinse and repeat while tweaking the financials and personnel.

Thats how most enterprises work bud.

I learned long ago that if you only harp about the bad, you’ll never make it.

Identifying what needs to be fixed is fine. Doom and gloom isn’t.

No, I just notice you always refer to playoffs, and never actually contending for a cup.

At a certain point, we have to set the bar higher than simply "making the playoffs". Anything can happen in the playoffs yes, but typically the teams who are supposed to be in the final 4 or the finals are there - not some fairytale 8th seed who defied all odds. It happens once or twice a decade if we're lucky so let's not bet on those odds, I know you're a Vegas man (wink) Look at how often a 7th or 8th place seed makes the final - it's not often.. 

I have hope too, but here's work to be done before this team will contend and not just make the playoffs. Squeaking into the playoffs shouldn't be the goal, all mediocrity does is breed more mediocrity and this team has been doing exactly that for a decade. I'm not on the "as long as we make the playoffs" train.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Sending other teams the message that they are not in a rush to move him, unless they get a proper return. This is a good thing, but could also back fire if he hangs onto Miller without an extension for too long. 

The tweet is about opening cap space.  Rutherford talked of clearing cap space so they could be active in free agency and/or take advantage of cap strapped teams.  Sounds like they can't find decent deals to move contracts out - not just Miller.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, mll said:

The tweet is about opening cap space.  Rutherford talked of clearing cap space so they could be active in free agency and/or take advantage of cap strapped teams.  Sounds like they can't find decent deals to move contracts out - not just Miller.

Yes but the piece where he states "we won't be rushed into making a bad deal" he is referring to Miller IMO. 

3 hours ago, AC Readership said:

Miller can get definitely get a 23 1st, Myers & Garland can get 2nds, Pearson can get a 3rd, and with Dickinson & Poolman take what you can to get their money off the books.

Dickenson and Poolman to Chicago who'll be desperate to fill out a crap roster that hits the cap floor 

14 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Seriously…

What state of limbo? Are the Canucks going to go bankrupt? Close the franchise?

Who is afraid of making bold moves? 

What death sentence?

What the hell are you talking about?

You just put words together. Good on you.

You need a Snickers bar!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Dickenson and Poolman to Chicago who'll be desperate to fill out a crap roster that hits the cap floor 

They are already above the floor.  They are in a tear down rebuild and will certainly be asking for futures to take on unwanted contracts. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

They are already above the floor.  They are in a tear down rebuild and will certainly be asking for futures to take on unwanted contracts. 

Will still need players (rumblings of Kane getting moved too)

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Where do you get these stats from? I like the breakdown of 3 years 

3 hours ago, Penskih said:

I think it's just NHL.com. You can filter what years you want to see

Yep nhl.com. you can pick what seasons you want filter for goals assists etc. And even position if you please.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So maybe we stand pat and burn a year off. Well so much for big moves and difficult choices. :bored: Not like we can do much with 2 mil in cap space and 4 or 5 players to sign. i think we get more with LTIR or something. Anyone know the exact # of players and cap space we're at?

• Like 1