The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Agreed, but Garland and (to a greater extend) Myers appears to have no value unless we take back contracts.  

Miller is being offered 6 years and low forties.  I wonder what total dollar Bo expects?  If it’s 50+ do we do that?

I think Garland can be traded with no sweetener. We can also move him for a player that fills a need. Myers I would package with Höglander. That would free us up to sign Klingberg who’s a better partner for OEL. 

Miller hopefully will give us at least 2, hopefully 3 assets in return with one asset a proven RHD like Severson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Involving a 3rd team has typically cost a 4th or 5th round pick.  2.9M in salary, 20% left to be paid at the TDL so roughly 600K - or 150K in salary for an intermediary team.  

Would be a 2.6M cap hit (25% of 10.5M).  If the team has banked cap space would be even less.

If a team has 525K banked at the TDL they don't need any prospective cap space to fit him in at 75% retained (assuming the rest of their roster is at 82.5M onwards).  

25% of 10.5M (cap hit after retention) x 20% of the season left = 525K which would be fully covered by banked cap space.

All that hassle for Toews though? I dunno..

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could it happen we move out both Miller and Bo?  Clearly Miller wants a huge contract, so he’s as good as gone.  But what about Bo?  How much of the cap is JR willing to allocate to Bo?  

I think Bo’s going to get done. Management has said that he’s a big part of the future. Hopefully they don’t &^@# it up. 

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Garland can be traded with no sweetener. We can also move him for a player that fills a need. Myers I would package with Höglander. That would free us up to sign Klingberg who’s a better partner for OEL. 

Miller hopefully will give us at least 2, hopefully 3 assets in return with one asset a proven RHD like Severson. 

I mean that’s the hope right? That Miller would net us a good return. Hasn’t happened yet so far. 

3 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

More would be disappointed if he was overpaid on a 8 year deal.

I sure would be.  
Trading him is the right thing to do.  
Expecting to get a 24 year old #1dman plus a first and another solid piece….
That’s dumb and pretty much what this 1000+ thread has been made of.  

His ass is getting traded. Value isn't there right now but who cares because he signed for another year. - Jimmy R summed up.

Hopefully JR can slap the media around when they start creating locker room drama rumors the second we go on a win streak lol

53 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Prob fantastical thinking..but imagine you landed 2 younger, impressive C's in separate packages? If both pkg's garnered 6 or 7 total assets(& oodles of cap space), wonder how the fanbase would react?

I'd react by not paying $200 or whatever for nhl live. 

2 hours ago, singing chef said:

YES - that's EXACTLY the point I'm making.  There is no real knowledge of what was offered;  only speculation.  This is why it's irritating when posters say " we should have taken the (blank and blank and a first offer), and now it's off the table we're hooped.  We just don't know what was out there.

Okay yeah sorry I was snarky, I agree haha.

It SEEMS there was some offer from the rangers that may have met the criteria of Millers Value but we dont know that for sure, and the mix of picks and prospects was not the right one for us anyway. 
We don't have any meaningful reason to believe a package other than that was on the table, from another team. 

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Prob fantastical thinking..but imagine you landed 2 younger, impressive C's in separate packages? If both pkg's garnered 6 or 7 total assets(& oodles of cap space), wonder how the fanbase would react?

Out:

Jeff Carter 

Mike Richards

In:

Jakub Voracek

1st round pick (Sean Couturier)

3rd round pick (Nick Cousins)

Wayne Simmonds

Brayden Schenn

2nd round pick (Devin Shore)

That was a hell of a move for the Flyers in retrospect. The Canucks could make it happen but would definitely have to acquire the right pieces. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I sure would be.  
Trading him is the right thing to do.  
Expecting to get a 24 year old #1dman plus a first and another solid piece….
That’s dumb and pretty much what this 1000+ thread has been made of.  

So I've heard. You mention that every 50 pages or so

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

Out:

Jeff Carter 

Mike Richards

In:

Jakub Voracek

1st round pick (Sean Couturier)

3rd round pick (Nick Cousins)

Wayne Simmonds

Brayden Schenn

2nd round pick (Devin Shore)

That was a hell of a move for the Flyers in retrospect. The Canucks could make it happen but would definitely have to acquire the right pieces. 

Is that the trade that got the Kings two Cups?  Hell of a good trade for them too.  

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Negotiation tactics...

and if it doesn't work, fans and possible suitors are aware...

It may even be a 'we are open for business' sign...

That’s exactly what I hear. After JR talking about next year’s trade deadline yada-yada, he’s now letting other teams know we want to trade JT so bring on the offers now.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is that the trade that got the Kings two Cups?  Hell of a good trade for them too.  

Exactly.... Which should only strengthen the argument that a team going for the cup should give us a similar return for either one of Miller or Horvat if we were hypothetically trading both of them. 

• Vintage 1

I back.

Like to drop in every 200- 300 pages to say....

Don't trade him. 

Just some minor tweaks needed, core is ready.

2 years of playoff experience and then we win the cup in 3 years. Most everyone is then in their prime... Bo hands the cup first to Miller, place goes nuts, but JT quickly skates to Demko and the home crowd goes even wilder.

The Cup parade will be the same route as the Sun Run....down Georgia through the West End, over the Burrard Bridge, back DT via Cambie and into Rogers.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I back.

Like to drop in every 200- 300 pages to say....

Don't trade him. 

Just some minor tweaks needed, core is ready.

2 years of playoff experience and then we win the cup in 3 years. Most everyone is then in their prime... Bo hands the cup first to Miller, place goes nuts, but JT quickly skates to Demko and the home crowd goes even wilder.

The Cup parade will be the same route as the Sun Run....down Georgia through the West End, over the Burrard Bridge, back DT via Cambie and into Rogers.

Alf back.

Like to check in every two or three swigs.  :frantic:

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1