The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

The more I see what the Flames are doing, the more I’d love to see the Canucks keep Miller.  He’s got that Kesler-esque mojo and is all about winning at all costs. It rubs off on the team. And sure, he gets whiney when things don’t go his way, and at times defensively suspect, but he’s a man’s man, wears his heart on his sleeve, and those are elements that are often seriously lacking on this team.

And how much have they won with Miller, exactly?  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaNuck said:

We are not getting past Edmonton Calgary in the standings, the rest is pretty even and will be a dart toss 

management can’t be ok with that

Edmonton and Calgary are smack dab in the middle of their window and they have to make hay before it closes.  You can't compare apples to oranges.

There are 2 things I’d like to see before giving Miller a long term deal over $8M:

1) Last year under Boudreau was not a mirage, and this team is ready to take the next step and possibly contend in the next few years.

2) Last year for Miller was not just a career year by a long shot, followed by a noticeable decline. I’d like to ensure that he can keep up that pace for at least the immediate future. (There’s a possibility he may even start regressing this year.)

Neither of those can be answered before the season starts. So yeah, unless you get the type of trade offer that makes it hard to say no, it makes all kind of sense to start the season with him and see what we really have here.

Edited by D-Money

13 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I have wasted 15% of my summer checking into this forum once an hour to see if Miller has been traded. I need Alvin and JR fired for giving a false sense of hope, and I need compensation for my wasted time. 

Where did either one of them say they were going to trade Miller prior to training camp?

To Quote from The Untouchables:

Don't wait for it to happen. Don't want it to happen. Just watch was does happen.

• Haha 1

Just now, stawns said:

my point is this Miller myth that he "wins at all costs" has born no fruit.........they haven't won anything since he's been on the team.

Where has the team got with EP40? Where has the team got with Hughes?

One player is not the whole team.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

I think Aquilini wanted play offs hockey...now...

I have thought the same ever since Lynden left the organization - Lynden wanted a patient and methodical rebuild in order to construct a perennial contender, while Aquaman just wanted a sliver of hope at a playoff round regardless if it was a one-and-done scenario.  

But I digress. 

Any moves JB either did or didn't make during his tenure need to be put into context with Aquaman's directive - if in fact one believes there was a directive. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Where has the team got with EP40? Where has the team got with Hughes?

One player is not the whole team.

exactly right..............and theres not some weird myth built up around EP or QH that they are some kind of super leaders who can will their team to win at all costs.  And the truth is, the one playoff experience they had with MIller, it was Bo who carried the team on his shoulders.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

my point is this Miller myth that he "wins at all costs" has born no fruit.........they haven't won anything since he's been on the team.

they've won a hell of a lot more games with him than they would have without. and it's not just a straight production argument, either. you could replace his production with equivalent from other player(s) but you wouldn't end up with the same wins. 

teams need personality and emotion and leadership and heart and this team has none without miller. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I have thought the same ever since Lynden left the organization - Lynden wanted a patient and methodical rebuild in order to construct a perennial contender, while Aquaman just wanted a sliver of hope at a playoff round regardless if it was a one-and-done scenario.  

But I digress. 

Any moves JB either did or didn't make during his tenure need to be put into context with Aquaman's directive - if in fact one believes there was a directive. 

At least attempt to look up the spelling of one of the most revered Canuck ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1