The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 hours ago, Podzilla said:

I’d be trading Boeser if we got Fiala. He’s too slow and soft. Maybe work a deal for Brodin + Fiala 

Brodin is not going anywhere.  Guerin talks of how he's an elite D.  

2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

What about trading Boeser to Minny? Boldy + 2nd for Boeser? 

Doesn't make sense for the Wild.  They are rebuilding and waiting on prospects like Boldy, Rossi for their window to truly open up.  They have no C1 or C2 really and look at how bad goaltending has been for them this season.  

They bought out Parise/Suter and will have 13M in buyout cap hits on their books next season followed by another 2 years at 15M.  Fiala is on the trade block in part because they can't pay him.  Miller is cost controlled and they are looking for a top-6 C.

10 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Boldy and a 1st (not likely) or Greenway and a 1st.

Don't see a rebuilding Wild trading a 1st or prospects.

Their standings are misleading.  They are rebuilding and are mostly winning games because of their resiliency and hard work than having a roster that can challenge for the Cup.  They have a lot of holes in their lineup including at C.  Goaltending hasn't been good this season either.  They still want to make the playoffs (winning culture and bringing up prospects in a solid environment) and Miller will help at C.

Edited by mll

If we trade him I really hope we send him back to the Rangers or Islanders, they have more of what we need (B. Schneider/ Dobson) and depth forwards who could replace some of what Miller brought.  Fiala could jumpstart our offense, but they don't have defensemen who are moveable, which we could use. 

Edited by Phil_314

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Miller for Fiala is not a horrible idea.  We gain 3 years which likely fits our obvious timeline better, and Fiala plays with an edge too.  This is a decent move if it pans out.

Fiala has 1 year left to UFA just like Miller.  He will be RFA this off-season but can sign his QO.  I wouldn't be surprised if he does unless his production picks up.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

BB^ is NOT returning you a top 2 D (RHD I assume your alluding too) AND a 2nd round pick.

BB is cold as ice now, value is low

Sorry your wrong, Boeser is a very good winger 28-35 goals? Look at his past on a poor team? Listen to experts?

This is 19 games you basing everything on this season? Really...Your wrong...

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Fiala has 1 year left to UFA just like Miller.  He will be RFA this off-season but can sign his QO.  I wouldn't be surprised if he does unless his production picks up.  

Just meant 3 years of age not contract.  All things created equal if both were UFAs in a year I would guess Miller has a higher % chance of bolting.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Dumba would be ideal target but I don't see that happening after Suter got moved.

He would be a terrible target.  He's an offensive D that has poor decision making and turns the puck over far too often + his defensive game is questionable.  

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Podzilla said:

Speculative nonsense composed as an actual story. 

Key word in the article was “presume”. 

• Vintage 1

“They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.”

“People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.”

• Vintage 1

Anything other than high draft picks/top prospects is a bust. Big no to Fiala. Anyhow this is just a smoke of an article. GM's contact other GM's all the time regarding players availability. 

Greenway I can see why we would have interest but every gritty player we have gets run out by this coach. Fiala screams problem player that is entitled. 

Now if they were offering Boldy + 1st or Lambos + 1st, I'd seriously consider both. I'd still look elsewhere to see if we could get a RHD prospect and 1st

Edited by Outsiders