The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

21 minutes ago, rekker said:

I don't get it? Confirmation on what? What hard deadline come and goes tonight or tomorrow?

Maybe management put a hard deadline on tomorrow so they can start working out trade proposals before the draft/free agency. Or maybe media is just kicking the can down the road. Not dissimilar to Andrei Kuzmenko being "2 weeks" away from a decision for like a month and a half. We'll know tomorrow I suppose. Lol

• Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, rekker said:

I don't get it? Confirmation on what? What hard deadline come and goes tonight or tomorrow?

They could have a trade offer on the table and, as such, have since asked him to decide on signing or they accept the trade. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Foresberg turned down 64 = million to live in Nashville (one if the few decent US cities) he’s got to be a complete imbecile.  That’s a fabulous deal for him, and h3 gets to live in a good city.  What does he want, Detroit?  

Maybe he's sick of all the country music

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

They could have a trade offer on the table and, as such, have since asked him to decide on signing or they accept the trade. 

I would think the trade offers are already there if the extension ultimatum has been given. Remember, Benning isn't here anymore. 

7 hours ago, Provost said:

Based on my sources (which consist of nothing but my random hunches), we are going to see a Canucks trade happen tomorrow.

Book it baby!

The almighty p3 level of hockey rumours and people are picking up on my “insider” info!

Tomorrow and we have some answers!  Now don’t be surprised if it is something you aren’t expecting.  Some groundwork has to be laid and it won’t be just one move by the Canucks brass.

This is coming to you from the guy who scooped all the insiders on the infamous Bonino-Sutter trade!

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Need JR to fleece Fitzgerald.

In his end of season presser Fitzgerald noted that they have too much of the same up front.  That they need a better mix of players and talked of the importance of having straight line players for the post-season.

Miller is exactly the type of hard skills player they are looking for.

A few years ago, one of their owners was complaining that they missed the post-season, saying that they had picks/prospects and should have improved their team.  After Shero was fired it sounded like Fitzgerald bought himself some time.  Time might just be up.  Hischier/Severson sure sounded frustrated of being out of the playoffs.

Does Miller want to extend in NJD though.  Friedman notes that they need to know they can extend the player or it gives all the leverage to the agent.  An extension can officially only take place on 13 July.   In theory they can't talk extension but Jones was in the same situation and Chicago traded for him knowing they could extend him - his contract details even leaked before the signing deadline.

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, mll said:

In his end of season presser Fitzgerald noted that they have too much of the same up front.  That they need a better mix of players and talked of the importance of having straight line players for the post-season.

Miller is exactly the type of hard skills player they are looking for.

A few years ago, one of their owners was complaining that they missed the post-season, saying that they had picks/prospects and should have improved their team.  After Shero was fired it sounded like Fitzgerald bought himself some time.  Time might be just be up.  Hischier/Severson sure sounded frustrated of being out of the playoffs.

Does Miller want to extend in NJD though.  Friedman notes that they need to know they can extend the player or it gives all the leverage to the agent.  An extension can officially only take place on 13 July.   In theory they can't talk extension but Jones was in the same situation and Chicago traded for him knowing they could extend him - his contract details even leaked before the signing deadline.

thats interesting, earlier in the year I think you and I were discussing NJ not being a fit for Miller. Shows how quickly things can change. 

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

The almighty p3 level of hockey rumours and people are picking up on my “insider” info!

Tomorrow and we have some answers!  Now don’t be surprised if it is something you aren’t expecting.  Some groundwork has to be laid and it won’t be just one move by the Canucks brass.

This is coming to you from the guy who scooped all the insiders on the infamous Bonino-Sutter trade!

Guessing that he's just transcribing what Satiar Shah (Sat) is saying.  

So,  my guess is Van has made there final offer to extend,  with it , if not accepted the knowledge of team trade options pursued before this next season.

Im thinking :

7.5 x 6 trade clause after year 3 (45m)

or

8.1 x 5 trade clauses after year 3 (42m)

Miller will become a legendary rock star in this town if he comes under that..   

… or I go and get my meds adjusted :blink:

3 hours ago, stawns said:

And risk him getting hurt, coming back down to earth or leave for nothing?

Solid plan

Great logic ::D

yeah like anyone we get for him we won’t have those concerns either. Or any other player in the league won’t have those risks either. 

great logic indeed 

I think if there is a deal in play with NJ, that it happens solely on what Mnt does. If Mnt picks Wright then NJ keeps the #2 and takes Slafkovsky. If Mnt takes Slaf then NJ looks at moving there #2. Then maybe there are some fireworks. 

If the Canucks are looking at a deal with a different team, then we might not have to wait until draft day for the fireworks. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

thats interesting, earlier in the year I think you and I were discussing NJ not being a fit for Miller. Shows how quickly things can change. 

Rumours were around Garland at the start of the season - but he falls in the too much of the same and it's really Miller that brings something different and he's a straight line player.  In their end of season presser GMs typically go over the past season and what they want to try and do in the off-season.  The Fitzgerald one is on their youtube channel.  

I think age was my argument with their head of analytics criticising contracts to 30 year olds before joining NJD - ownership is full into analytics and Dellow reports directly to them.  Doerrie on her podcast says it's them that insisted they bring in Subban - says they are very involved.  Subban was 30 and fell off a cliff after joining them - ie they didn't listen to him about ageing curve.  Owners never learn and grow impatient. 

• Vintage 1