The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Really sad about this. He is our best player and literally carried this team on his back.

Please let this be fake news!

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

I'm curious though, if it really turns out his ask was higher than the team was comfortable giving what will your thoughts be? I suppose it'll depend on the return? Because you haven't struck me as a keep him at all costs type. 

1 minute ago, BabychStache said:

I’m dreaming….

Miller to NYR for Kakko, Schneider and their 2nd.

Then send 15th pick and Hoglander, and Pearson to AZ for Lawson Crowse.

Kakko to Tampa for Cal Foote

Sign Copp as 3C

Tampa just traded McDonagh planning to keep Cal Foote who is on an 850K deal giving them 6Ds under contract for next season. 

21 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Great news, there was a worry that we would overpay even at $8 million x 6 years.

Someone is going to feel bad if they give us a boatload for him and he immediately goes back to being a 70 point player, and starts regressing as soon as the new contract kicks in.

Just now, Petey40 said:

It was a conditional second that turned to this years first because they made the conference finals.

lol nah you misunderstood me.  I meant that Alfs' empties were predicting we get their first from next year.  

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It looks like the Capitals are out?

Except Miller isn’t at $9 million next season… so whatever is going on with Backstrom isn’t relevant to a Miller trade.

I don’t see them having the right assets anyways for the Canucks.  

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Great news, there was a worry that we would overpay even at $8 million x 6 years.

Someone is going to feel bad if they give us a boatload for him and he immediately goes back to being a 70 point player, and starts regressing as soon as the new contract kicks in.

not sure I'd call it 'great news' likely losing your best F. 

Just have to wait and see what the return is, with Serevalli's report about the two sides still being far apart that likely hurts us on the return. 

IMO, the Miller trade must go down, and hopefully for young prospects and picks...................

The reason being, we fill our cupboards and we open up the cap space

The trade is not Miller for a 2022-1st, a prospect and a player...........it is Miller for a 2022-1st, a prospect and a player and a (UFA, or a Cap dump). 

It totally opens up the possibilities

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

I am really glad Colorado won the Stanley cup this year.......it sets the standard in which teams will have to build to for the next 5 years, if they want to compete for the cup

Aka..............NYR's can beat Tampa, and Tampa can't beat Colorado, so they need to add..........

Same goes for Carolina and Florida, and really Boston, Pittsburgh, and Toronto, who are all older teams but still wanting to compete as well...................they all need Miller!

Show me the money!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Darkstar said:

Hearing it will be Kakko, Schneider, and a 1st for Miller.

Source: My dreams

Just Kakko and Schneider is fine with me.  They can even retain to make the cap even out for this upcoming year.  Just need to make this happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1