The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

Sarravelli on 650 saying there is a lot of interest in JT and that he is likely traded "sooner rather than later" 

Isn’t Sarravelli the guy who talked up the Brock Boeser contract impasse and then it was resolved the very next day?

I think the thing to remember is they desperately need cap space / flexibility. They get that via trades & the player that will / is getting the most interest is Miller, so prob the easiest way to get at least a little. That’s not to say they can’t / won’t trade other players to accomplish this, but are they getting much interest and are they going to be easy to trade?! I guess we’ll see. 

Edited by IRR

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Isn’t Sarravelli the guy who talked up the Brock Boeser contract impasse and then it was resolved the very next day?

That's the trick!  Agents absolutely use the media.  People get upset at insiders for their info but in a lot of cases that info would still come out either way.  The agents would make sure of it.

A lot of reports are "true" because the insider will say "I've HEARD x y z" but the report may not be factual.  

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

I think the thing to remember is they desperately need cap space / flexibility. They get that via trades & the player that will / is getting the most interest is Miller, so prob the easiest way to get at least a little. That’s not to say they can’t / won’t trade other players to accomplish this, but are they much interest and are they going to be easy to trade?! I guess we’ll see. 

Pearson makes sense to move imo.  He'd clear up a bit of cap and is a guy that we can replace in the system.  At the same time he's a good player and should have some value.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

He reminds me of that Emperor from Star Wars.

I don't trust him.

You mean Palpatine, the man who orchestrated the fall of the Galactic Republic and Jedi Order and was able to install himself as the Galactic Emperor?

You don't have to trust him, but we can only hope he wields so much power in the NHL.

• Haha 1