The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

17 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Current 6 man D group is not good enough. Matters

Which is the "I know there are deficiencies" part.....

I just don't think this team is as bad as some would suggest, that's all.

45 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the risk of injury is bad for Miller too tho. One errant puck or knee and it costs him millions. There's pressure on him to not make a trade and re-sign difficult. 

Or, imo, hopefully he sees his future here. 

I highly doubt management want to go into next season with this situation looming over the team. JT re-signs this summer or he's moved before season starts. You CANNOT risk Miller being injured or him having a poor season start dropping his value.

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Which is the "I know there are deficiencies" part.....

I just don't think this team is as bad as some would suggest, that's all.

I think, as I suggested that it's not so much this team is bad - it's that Demko makes us look better than we really are. The facts and what we see on the ice back that up 100%. It seems nobody wants to give Demko credit for our second half either, he was brilliant because he had to be. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

39 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

They may hold off on buying until a long term contract 

I think it would be more telling  if they had just bought there, (It wasn't an issue when he came here if he never bought since arriving)Even if he owned a house here, it is an asset he could sell when moving ,so i don't put much stock if that was his intention to stay or not

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

I doubt Philly gets hockey dwarf. I see a possibility with Philly involving Miller and Myers and Provorov. 

Can't see Fletcher interested in Myers.  Boudreau has mentioned several times that the Wild felt he was the weak link on Winnipeg's defence and would target him in games.  Fletcher was the GM then and stats went through him to Boudreau.  

Washington the only last realistic partner. If they put Backstrom on LTIR they have plenty of cap relief and next season a lot of cap comes off the books, just in time for his chunky extension.

Looks like we still need a 3C so if that McMichael deal is still on the table...

10 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Washington the only last realistic partner. If they put Backstrom on LTIR they have plenty of cap relief and next season a lot of cap comes off the books, just in time for his chunky extension.

Looks like we still need a 3C so if that McMichael deal is still on the table...

Not true.

Pens, Detroit, New Jersey if they don't land Gaudreau, NYI esp. with NYR and NJD improving, Caps, Colorado if 30-50 percent retained, Calgary at minimum are teams that may still be interested.

Edited by Teemu Selänne
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Eklund LOL stating JT Miller to NYI heating up as Gudreau not likely going there

Lol I doubt he knows anything, but I could see them being interested if they lose out on Gaudreau to NJD.

Especially after NYR also improved/got a gritty C with Trochek, Pens brought back everyone, Washington got a goalie, Carolina landing Marchment and Burns. Lou has to do something if he wants a playoff shot, which he seems to want.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

why waste your time even looking what that guy says...

I mean Eklund is Eklund, but there was the Capitals rumoured package at the draft, plus the New york "deal" that was a thing. They could definitely be talking still.