The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I don't understand how people can consider 6.5-7.5 m for Brock a decent contract and advocate trading Garland who is twice the player for a fraction the price. 

Hopefully it’s a contract that gets sorted or moved before the end of season,,  it clearly has the earmarks to carryover into the Summer or Camp and upset the beginning of next season if it dosent.

I would think with this management group, it’s a priority over anything else at the moment.

We have time with Bo and JT,  but Boesers window , or door, is now.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hopefully it’s a contract that gets sorted or moved before the end of season,,  it clearly has the earmarks to carryover into the Summer or Camp and upset the beginning of next season if it dosent.

I would think with this management group, it’s a priority over anything else at the moment.

We have time with Bo and JT,  but Boesers window , or door, is now.

Yeah I'm interested to see how quickly this management team gets things done.  One knock on GMJB for sure is how it seems he waited until the last minute for a lot of big decisions.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Brocks got the worst +/- among forwards on the team. playing some of the best deployment. Garlands speedy Brock is slow. Garland is one of the top players in the entire league at drawing penalties. He's fierce and hustles, he creates offence and drives play . Ya Garland is a much better player. For a fraction of Brocks QO. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Brocks got the worst +/- among forwards on the team. playing some of the best deployment. Garlands speedy Brock is slow. Garland is one of the top players in the entire league at drawing penalties. He's fierce and hustles, he creates offence and drives play . Ya Garland is a much better player. For a fraction of Brocks QO. 

Im not going to slag Garland, he is a good player on a good deal... but Brock puts up more goals and more points year in and year out. To make a claim that Garland is "twice the player" makes me think you ate paint chips as a child.

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Im not going to slag Garland, he is a good player on a good deal... but Brock puts up more goals and more points year in and year out. To make a claim that Garland is "twice the player" makes me think you ate paint chips as a child.

image.gif.a32ce99cdb338f74250771a1cd754b4a.gif

Paint chips taste good

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

To Garlands defence he played on Arizona. Also Boeser has gotten to play with Miller a lot this year and good PP time and only has 1 more point than Garland.

Edited by flickyoursedin
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

11 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

To Garlands defence he played on Arizona. Boeser has gotten to play with Miller a lot this year.

Hard not to agree with, and add that I see Boeser as more “one dimensional”.

In that I mean he is usually playing perimeter to be set up for one time shot.

His carry into offence zone move is typically button hook out at the face off circle.

Garland is truly multi dimensional,  I can’t say that there is a “go to” book on the guy.

So exciting, versatile, plays like a 6 footer,. His physical stats deserve an upgrade on his stats!

;) 
Give garland that same position with Miller and that line mega produces..

Pretty sure Miller and Garland have set the bar for the type of play management is looking for out of a player.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, hammertime said:

In defense of Brock. He’s got a better shot than I say Garland does. Can Garland improve his shot? I dunno. At 25, players are what they are generally speaking. 

I am concerned about Brock’s lack of speed. He’s not quick, and he’s not fast. Will his skating get progressively worse as he gets older? Or will he get better as he gets older and be the outlier in terms of players are what they are at 25 years of age. He’s not quite 25, but he’s just about there, isn’t he? 

Brock is also seemingly always on pace for a certain amount of goals, but he never actually gets there. Closest to 30 goals was his first year in the league. And ever since then, he’s always on pace, but he’s never gotten to an actual 30 goal season. Now, I think he will eventually get there, and he’s still really young at 24. If we trade him, it better be a win of a trade. Or else, I’d try to negotiate a long term deal? I’m not sure how management does that with the QO and all. Do they have to offer him the QO and then they can negotiate a long term deal? 

7 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Posturing through the media to get NY thinking we'll trade Brock somewhere else and keep Miller

Think About It Reaction GIF by Big Potato Games

Also a pretty good message to Boeser's agent. 

Sign a reasonable extension before the TDL, or we're moving his ass.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Hard not to agree with, and add that I see Boeser as more “one dimensional”.

In that I mean he is usually playing perimeter to be set up for one time shot.

His carry into offence zone move is typically button hook out at the face off circle.

Garland is truly multi dimensional,  I can’t say that there is a “go to” book on the guy.

So exciting, versatile, plays like a 6 footer,. His physical stats deserve an upgrade on his stats!

;) 
Give garland that same position with Miller and that line mega produces..

Pretty sure Miller and Garland have set the bar for the type of play management is looking for out of a player.

Exactly like Boeser gets to play with Miller and a rotating top 6 piece which right now is Horvat and is on the top PP. Garland gets to play with Pearson and where offence goes to die Jason Dickinson.

• Cheers 1

I will admit I am not a fan of Boeser's one dimensional play for the most part, he does not seem to drive offense, but goal scorers are a hard commodity.

You compare a guy like Garland, but these guys ultimately compliment each other, one drives play and the other puts the puck in the net...

Def a tough call, Boeser is not doing himself any favors with his play this year, he is not alone on that front, but I think the team had quit on Green.

Wait and see approach.... See if anyone offers you a deal you cannot say no to... goalscorers are still tough to find.

Edited by Canucklehead73
grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Brock is also seemingly always on pace for a certain amount of goals, but he never actually gets there. Closest to 30 goals was his first year in the league. And ever since then, he’s always on pace, but he’s never gotten to an actual 30 goal season. Now, I think he will eventually get there, and he’s still really young at 24.

To be fair he played every single game last season. Had it been an 82 game season he would have only needed 7 goals in 26 games to hit 30. Pretty much a given.

6 minutes ago, coryberg said:

To be fair he played every single game last season. Had it been an 82 game season he would have only needed 7 goals in 26 games to hit 30. Pretty much a given.

yeah. but he didn't actually hit. soooo until he does, he's not a 30 goal scorer. Don't get me wrong, I think Brock will definitely hit 30 a few times in his career. Too bad, it might not be as a Canuck. 

25 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Ryan Graves from Jersey would be an excellent target. 6’5 young defensive D who was plus 40 a couple years ago. Signed two more years at 3 million. 

I like that idea. He's on the left side though isn't he?

Still, good cost control, big body. Solid defensively and a decent offensive help. Similar to Myers really.